4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Expedia.com Travelocity Sheraton.com

Costs 146% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• mikey_e's Profile Photo

Efficient Comfort in a Safe Environment

I knew this hotel as the Sheraton Quito, but I suppose that it was, at least at one time, a Four Points. In any case, this is a great hotel and one at which I would undoubtedly stay again when I return to Ecuador. The hotel staff is always ready to help and provide suggestions, but they do not push paid services or make guests feel like they are waiting for tips. The guests here are primarily business travelers, but there are occasionally families and pleasure-seekers. The rooms are well appointed, clean and well-maintained. A light in my bathroom was burnt out, and an engineer came within my first hour in the hotel to change it (either that or someone decided to bug my room). Internet was fast and never lapsed and the television, which was a flat screen, had a wide variety of local and international channels (including TeleSur). Fitness facilities are modern, clean and extensive, although there is no pool, just a water-massage tub and a hot sauna and turkish bath. The staff at the gym were quite friendly and talkative. Breakfast is not included in the hotel price (at least not in my long-term rate), but there are bakeries and coffee shops right outside the hotel, offering cheap and delicious alternatives to the hotel meal.

Unique Quality: The rooms at the Sheraton Quito are great, as are the beds, but perhaps one of the greatest aspects of the hotel is its easy access to various sites. QuiCentro is across Av. Naciones Unidas, from which a shuttle to/from Pichincha departs (USD1 each way). There are numerous shops and restaurants on Republica de El Salvador, including the very tasty Parillada de el Homero, and Av. 6 de Diciembre's rapid transit line (the red line) is steps outside the hotel. On that, it will take approximately 10-15 minutes to get right into the Historic City. All of this is combined with an area that is very safe, even for walking after dark. Access to the airport is also quick, with a complimentary shuttle to and from the hotel.

Directions: Right across from QuiCentro.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Well, when I boarded my American Airlines flight on a Saturday morning, I thought I'd lay my head on my pillow in Philadelphia that night, but when they started offering free vouchers for volunteers to get off the plane because of too much weight, I decided to jump at the chance. I ended up with a $700 voucher and a free night at the beautiful Sheraton Quito. This hotel is first class and my stay was very pleasant.

Unique Quality: It's what you'd expect from a Sheraton. A very comfortable bed, clean and spacious rooms with nice linens and a full bar, high-speed internet connections in every room and all the expected amenities. There are two restaurants and a lobby cafe here as well as a business center, conference rooms, a full breakfast, room service, laundry facilities and a full gym with a spa, jacuzzi and steam room.

Directions: Commercial/Financial District next to soccer stadium

• Redhead2524's Profile Photo

Quito's friendlist Hotel

This was a quite friendly hotel. I have traveled the globe but I have yet to find such freindly service. They were very nice even though my reservation did not show up on their computer. They put me in a nice room with a corporate discount even thought I could show no proof of the reservation. The company I was traveling for just forgot to make the reservation. In most places I could have gotten a room but I would have had to pay a premium for just showing up and asking for a room. While I only stayed the night, I would like to go back when I have more time.

Directions: It located about 15 mins from the airport.

• One of Quito's better Hotels

Service-Excellent

Unique Quality: Hey, I was reading some of the reviews - someone said its like any other Sheraton, well he sure hasn't been to The Park Lane Hotel, Piccadilly, London, this is a Sheraton and let me tell you - its a dump compared to the Sheraton in Quito, so take it from me its above the rest

Directions: Located in a good area - shopping mall, food, gym all in walking distance

• Luxurious, not too expensive and good

It's a Sheraton like all over in the world. That means, it has nothing to do with the country, you won't find anything that reminds you that you're staying in Ecuador. But it is a very good house, the people are very friendly and helpfully.

Unique Quality: Inside very fine architecture, nice large rooms, very good food (but international, not ecuadorian)

Directions: located in the Executive, Financial and Business District of Quito