Hotel Cayman

Juan Rodriguez 270 y Reina Victoria, Quito, Ecuador

Cayman Hotel
Expedia.com Travelocity Hostelworld.com

• Quitos best bargain!

I was traveling in Ecuador last April, and found this hotel by chance, just walking next to it and decided to stay after checking at all the options in the street. It was a real discovery, for just 40 USD per night we got a very clean and big room for 2 people with our own terrace. All rooms have a private bathroom with hot water and hairdryers. Nice common room and very pretty garden. The staff was very kind, specially the manager, Halina, she would take 30 minutes at least very day to tell us the best places to go. Also the location of this hotel is Fantastic. I really would say the last review was biased, because this Hotel was really great for the price. WE had a very good experience and definitely would recommend.

Unique Quality: Very helpful staff, comfortable rooms with all the necessary facilities, including a hairdryer. Big garden with a lot of local plants and trees. Wireless connection.

Directions: Mariscal Neighborhood, Calle Juan Rodriguez.

• THE WORST. DO NOT STAY HERE. PLEASE READ.

To begin with, the people who wrote the other reviews either work for the hotel, or do not get around much. In May, I went to visit Quito, and was going to stay at this horrible place for a week but decided to leave after one night. The description on the internet is very deceiving. There is no telephone in the rooms. They mention cable t.v., but there is only one t.v. in a gathering room, so be prepared to fight for the remote with whoever happens to be there. Even the restaurant is out of service. The staff is unfreandly and unprofessional, and this includes the owner. When I arrived, I asked the guy at the desk for information about places I wanted to visit, and he did not know much about anything. Later that day, I happened to come across the "owner" by the front entrance. In a nasty tone, she asked "Can I help you" and when I told her that I had just arrived that day, she just walked away and could not even say welcome. For the same price, I stayed at the Windsor right on Amazonas Avenue and had a great experience with them.

Unique Quality: NONE

• We had a wonderful time!

My brother and me stayed there for 4 night last July and had a great time. This is a quit eplace to rest after walking all day, I found out their beds have orthopedic matresses (maybe that is why I slept so good) or is just maybe that I was tired after sighseeing! :) Private bathrooms, free internet , free luggage storage, free safebox, free breakfast... it gave a lot of facilities compared with the other hostels/hotels we stayed at. And (very important!!!) all the staff speaks english and the owners speak also russian, frenahc, italian and polish!!!! so for people who don´t speak a lot of spanish (like us) this staff would be very helpful! Ah! they alsohave a huge garden with fig trees, and they make thir own figs in sirup (a traditional ecuadorian sweet), you have to try it!

Directions: La Mariscal

• Beautiful small and cozy Hotel

I stayed there last November and really liked it! After being in many hotels in the city and having a lot of problems in each one of them. Finally I got to the Cayman, it is the perfect place to relax and have some privacy after a long day. The rooms are simple, but very clean and every room has its own full bathroom. In the common room one can really feel home, nobody bothers you when watching TV or reading and the coldest nights the chimney is on, what I found marvelous!!!
    The owners are the best, always helpful and ready to do anything just to make you feel comfortable and get you out of every problem... like getting robed. One night my wallet was stolen in a Bar and the owners and staff members helped me a lot!
    If you are travelling this is the best place to stay in Quito, I was in many, and this was by far the best.

Unique Quality: The best atmosphere!!! Perfect Location. Beautiful Garden. Garage for Cars and Motors.

Directions: a Mariscal district, right in the center of all the tourist and entertainment area

• jglsongs's Profile Photo

Seclusion in the heart of the new city

Definitely a nice alternative to the high-rise Mariscal hotels or the glorified fleabags on the main drags of Gringolandia.

Unique Quality: The community room, breakfast room and quasi-courtyard make the Cayman a great place to stay and meet other travelers.

Directions: in the heart of the Mariscal, just 1½ blocks from Av. 6 de diciembre

Comments