Nu House Boutique Hotel

NU House Boutique Hotel
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Decent but over priced

This hotel is right in the very heart of the bar and restaurant district in Quito - it is one door away from a bar that is on the main square at the centre of where it all happens. That will no doubt be an attraction for some. If you don't plan to hit the late nights, ask for a room at the quiet part of the hotel or you'll be listening to atomic powered dance music til 3 or 4 am.

Staff in reception were night as was the concierge guys. As mentioned the location for bars and restaurants is unbeatable if that is what you are after. The bathroom was very nice although when I went to take a shower in the afternoon, the water was at room temperature. The bedroom was ok but 104 us bucks per night, it felt over priced to me.

Taxi from the airport is $8.

Bedroom wifi worked perfectly.

Breakfast is served in the bar next door.

As a post script to the above. I returned a few days later. I emailed the hotel to ask for a quote on the price of a room and was quoted $150. I questioned this and asked for their best offer pointing out I'd stayed a few days before. I was given a revised offer of $85. When taxes were then added at check out, this was the same $105 all in I paid before.

Also please note the position again re location. If you are there for the nightlife then this is at the hub of it. If you aren't then I can imagine sleeping will be difficult. There's a lot of loud music from the surrounding bars. However a plus point if you are there for the nightlife - the sign in reception clearly says check out is 2 pm. I thought I'd try that out as my flight wasn't til 16.40. Sure enough I didn't have to check out before 2 pm.

Unique Quality: location location location but there is a quiet and a loud side to the hotel

• Lunaina's Profile Photo

Nice hotel on great location

A great hotel on a big square. There is always a lot happening, so if you have a room that has a look in the square you have to shut the windows at night and that makes the room warm. Breakfast isn't that great, but still it is a great place to stay!

Unique Quality: Great shower!!! Like you are in the bush!!

• As nice as it sounds

After backpacking on a shoestring budget around the world last year, I learned to be quite wary of accommodation with over fancy adjectives in the name since they often used fancy names to make up for shortcomings in other areas, so when I was booked in to the "Nu House Boutique Hotel" by a conference I was a bit unsure of what I would be getting. However, I was REALLY pleasantly surprised! My room is beautiful and the decor is really trendy with full stone tiling in the bathroom and tons of walnut wood accents in the main room, internet access, and a flatscreen TV. There is a club right around the corner which is a little bit noisy (though it sounds pretty awesome) since my room is facing it, but it's not really a big deal. The staff speak wonderful English and are incredibly helpful and friendly. A lovely place to stay!

Unique Quality: Really nice, trendy decor. Comfy bed!

Comments