Posada Del Maple

Posada Del Maple
Booking.com Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Quito

Street children sitting in a doorwayStreet children sitting in a doorway

Plaza de Santo DomingoPlaza de Santo Domingo

The Campanile of the ChurchThe Campanile of the Church

The paths amonst the manicured lawnsThe paths amonst the manicured lawns

.rental advice ----Quito April 8-28/08

by ojosverde47

Hola:

I am really in need of advice...I plan to come to Quito On April 8th until April 28th.....and want to rent somewhere clean, furnished, safe!
I am on a budget so not looking at anything expensive...this will be my first time in Ecuador.....someone mentioned Quito (Viejo) - that the area is being transformed. I am now in Buenos Aires and can be contacted here or on my hotmail unihowe@hotmail.com I welcome all replies. Gracias. Euni.

Re: .rental advice ----Quito April 8-28/08

by cp_bedoyacabezas

If you are interested. I have a furnished place in the southside of Quito.
You can write to my e-mail cp_bedoyacabezas@yahoo.dk or you can call me at 45+ 26293273 or 45+ 86162273.
The rent with breackfast is 100 USA dollars per week.

Faithfully,

C.Patrick Bedoya Cabezas.

Travel Tips for Quito

Quito

by RACCOON1

Quito is situated at an elevation of 2850 meters ( 9400 feet ). Therefore you may have breathing problems . Do not think you can come directly to Quito and do your normal 10 km run on your first morning .

Small bills - oh yes!

by Rebecki

My husband and I started calling it 'the face' - the look a cashier or vendor would get when we brought out anything larger than a $10 bill. We ended up hitting the ATM almost daily, taking out $10, $15, just to have small bills. The stash of $20s and $50s we brought with us were all but useless - until we were back in the States.

The good news along with this tip is that prices are very reasonable, and you can make a day of it on just a little cash. We also had no problem using credit cards at most restaurants and larger stores. Some places charged a 5-10% fee for using cards, but prices are fairly reasonable, so this extra charge didn't add much.

take a bit out of the Andes

by richiecdisc

Quimbolitos are a typical Andean snack and popular for breakfast as well. Related to humitas, a more salty corn meal concoction, the Quimbolito is a sweeter cousin and goes well with coffee. They are generally very inexpensive and filling so everyone should at least give it a try.

Pululahua

by acemj

Pululahua is a very large extinct volcano that is easy to visit if you're planning a visit to the nearby Mitad del Mundo. The crater is a very interesting micro-climate containing a large and diverse number of plant species. It's important, however, to visit earlier than we did since the area is usually covered in thick blanket of clouds after the early morning hours.

Pululahua is only about 4 or 5 km away from the Mitad del Monument on the Calcali Highway and the easiest thing to do is to park up by the somewhat touristy, El Crater restaurant located right at the rim of the crater. You can hike down into the crater, but we decided to simply enjoy the view.

forerunner to the mall?

by richiecdisc about one beautiful example

We walked by this beautiful arcade mall that reminded me much of London’s similar covered shopping areas. We didn’t need anything that they were selling but locals seem to utilize it and it’s much prettier than malls they are throwing up in their quest for modernization. Let’s hope places like this can stay competitive and that these great old buildings are not torn down to put up “something better.”

Comments