Tambo Real Hotel

Arts and Culture Skiing and Boarding School Holidays

Needs to improve overall

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 1, 2014

A group i was traveling with stayed here last week and to be honest, the hotel needs to improve a lot as far as their building goes and their service. To say the least, they must improve their english in order to help groups like ours and as well as tourists that may visit. Rooms are out of date, with colors that are realy antique.
Staff is dressed professionally, but one thing i did notice and it made me uncomfortable is that on friday i saw a guy wearing a sweater and jeans walking out from the kitchen while we were having breakfast, talked to the restaurant staff and distracted them while we were trying to get some service. I am not sure if the person was an employee or maybe an executive, but it looked really unprofessional to be seen in jeans.(maybe im wrong about he being a hotel staff)
Saturday, i wanted to speak to someone to give this comments myself, but was informed that the person who handles the complaints was not there and that there was no executive on duty. I asked for a human resources business card, and was informed that they had no human resources department. I then asked to please be contacted with the hotels operation manager and was told that they had no operations manager and that i should contact the hotel on monday to talk to someone. My personal opinion(taking in account i have lived in hotels 300 days a year for the last 6 years) is that the hotel needs to work on their supervision/management. I have had to complain in very few hotels, and i have always been able to get in contact with an operations manager(people who deal with complaints, or issues that may arise in any business)at any time that i have needed. I was surprised to find that this hotel did not have one, or maybe the staff is not well informed of who is in charge in cases like this. Manegment , operations and supervisors should have a company cellphone where staff can reach them at all times if anything arises with us their customers. Also, hotel should make business cards available for their operations department or management departments, so we can contact the hotel in order to either give suggestions or complements.

I am not mad at the service i received, but the hotel can offer much more than what they are offering specially since it is so conviniently located. Hotel is a little antique, but it looks like they are remodeling, as they closed the bar down on friday, where i enjoyed some beers the nights before.

Overall, if you plan to stay in Quito and want to be near everything, you should go to this hotell. It has good value for the money, but if it improves on this few things, i think it can easily be on the top hotels of quito for tourists.

EXCELENTE

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 26, 2006

LA VISTA MUY BUENA, QUEDA UBICADO EN UN SECTOR CENTRICO, CERCANO A TODO. LAS HABITACIONES MUY CONFORTABLES Y EL SERVICIO A LA HABITACION EXCELENTE.

ULTIMA VISITA FEBRERO 20 / 2005

Unique Quality: SERVICIO DE CAFETERIA EXCELENTE

Directions: FRENTE A LA EMBAJADA AMERICANA

Criminals and thieves

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 20, 2005

I stayed at the Tambo Real several weeks, an old guy writing and working. Beautiful rooms and view of Volcan Pinchincha.But hours before my plane flight computer, camera and money $2000 total stolen from room by someone who knew exactly where to look. I told hotels staff, and the manager held a meeting my room with all staff present (including those I suspect) and accused me of lying. Then, unanncounced, several armed policemen entered, accompanied by all hotel staff, and ordered me to detail what I claimed to be stolen, and to open all my luggage in front of everyone. All very festive, everyone laughing at me because they knew I was leaving and could do nothing. I made the mistake of making good friends (I thought) and trusting Tambo Real.

Unique Quality: Great rooms fridge, and fabulous views, but I think it is run by criminals.

Directions: Across 12 de Octubre from National Bank Museum, and Parque Ejido

Phill_J Jun 1, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Nearby Tambo Real Hotel

Quito Travel Forum

Need advice about Quito, Ecuador? Visit the Travel Forum for Quito and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Quito hotel reviews