Viena Hotel Internacional

Viena Hotel Internacional
Booking.com eDreams Despegar.com

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hotel Viena Internacional

I wanted to stay in Centro Histórico while in Quito, and I chose Hotel Viena Internacional because the location seemed to be good. The hotel is situated in the corner of Flores y Chile, and Chile is a pedestrian street leading down from Plaza Grande to La Marín, from where many buses are leaving. This means that the streets outside will not be completely deserted as soon as it gets dark (after 20.00 there are few pedestrians though). Nearby there is a café and an Internet place, both open to 20.00.

Well, the interior of the rooms might not be charming, but the rooms are convenient and clean. I stayed at Hotel Viena Internacional in June, and than again twice in August, so I had three different rooms. They all had bedside tables and lamps, a desk, a chair, an armchair and a TV. The showers were good with hot water and the room was cleaned every day.

The first room I stayed in (202) had two beds, was on the second floor and had a window facing the interior patio, so it was very quiet. On the second day it smelt very strongly of cigarette smoke though, because someone in the room next door was smoking. But as I told them in the reception they were going to tell the man not to smoke in the room again. The lamps outside the rooms are turned off during night so it is also dark in the room.

The second room I stayed in (206) was the room I liked the best. It was big, also with two beds, and had a balcony. As the window was facing the street it was lighter in the room. It was on the second floor, in the corner high above Chile (the pedestrian street) and away from Flores where there is motor traffic. It was quiet during the night, but during the day you can hear the vendors below calling out.

The last room I stayed in (212) was the smallest of the rooms and only had one bed. This room also had a window facing the street, but this time Flores, where there are some traffic. Luckily there is not much traffic during night, but there was a streetlamp just outside so it got too light in the room during the night.

There is a safe and there is also a storage room where you can leave a bag if you are going away for some days. The front door is looked with iron bars during the night.

For one person a room is $22 (August 2011) including breakfast, and $20 without breakfast. Breakfast is served in the restaurant next door, but I only ate here a few times, mainly because the coffee was very weak, more like coloured water. For breakfast you will also get a sandwich, eggs and a fruit juice.
    ________________________________________________
    Update 2012: I had planed to visit Quito in the beginning of my trip, before and after a trip to Amazonas and before going home. As I broke my wrist just after a few days in Ecuador I came back to Quito many more times, to visit the hospital and to change things in my backpack (I stored things at Hotel Viena Internacional and did shorter trips).

I had made a reservation before coming to Ecuador, both for a room and pick up at the airport, and I got a confirmation twice. When my plane arrived 2.5 hours late at 1.30am no one was waiting for me, and when I later arrived to the hotel there was no reservation. Well, it was not full and I got a room, room 206 which I had liked best the previous year. I was given the same room many times when I arrived, but once it was occupied and I stayed in 211 and 205. 211 was a big room facing the street and it was too noisy (when the traffic had stopped some alarms went off and for some time loud music was played nearby. Room 205 was smaller, but had a big bathroom and it was quiet. I think that this is now my favourite room. The disadvantage is that there is no window and difficult to know if it is sunny or cloudy outside.

In June - August 2012 the price for one person was $24 (without breakfast).
    _______________________________________________________________
    Update June - July 2013: The price for one person is now $27. For the first time I have stayed in a room on the third floor (second floor to some). The rooms there has a lower roof but I have realised they are more quiet, especially as I have choosen to stay in room 305 which is one of the rooms that doesnt face the street.

Comments