Ingapirca Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4903

Posada Ingapirca

I usually don’t write tips about places where I have never stayed, but in Ingapirca there are not many choices and if you look for some more comfort than Hostal Restaurante El Huasipungo where I stayed, than Posada Ingapirca is the only place.
It is situated in an old converted hacienda and has a lot of charm. The garden looks nice and in the restaurant great Ecuadorian food is served.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 16, 2011
Tip Photo

Posada Ingapirca

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4903

Hostal Restaurante El Huasipungo

In my guidebook it says that the only place to stay at in Ingapirca is Posada de Ingapirca. It is a lovely place, but too expensive. Lukily I read in another guidebook that there is a cheaper place to stay at in Ingapirca, and that is Hostal Restaurante El Huasipungo.
When I arrived and asked for the price of the rooms the woman thought for a few seconds and then said $8 (July 2011). I accepted the price, but I'm sure I could have got it cheaper if I had tried.
In the room there was a bed and a small table and there was a bathroom. The shower in the bathroom didn't have hot water, but there was another bathroom in the corridor where there was hot water. But in the evening when it was time for a shower it was just too cold in the room and I just wanted to get under all the thick blankets, so I skipped the shower. When I asked for it I got a towel and toiletpaper.
Downstairs there is a restaurant. I had intended to eat there in the evening, but it seemed like they had closed for the day. When I asked for something too eat one of the girls ran out in the kichen to have a look. She came back and told me I could have some chicken and rice,which I was greatful for. I'm sure you can also have breakfast here, but as I left already at 6am, I didn't.
The night I staid at Hostal Restaurante El Huasipungo I was the only guest there. I think that many people just come on a daytrip from Cuenca because they don't know there is a cheap place to stay at. I'm glad I knew as it is nice to spend a little longer than a couple of hours in, and around Ingapirca.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written August 10, 2011
Tip Photo

My room at El Huasipungo, Ingapirca

• titti profile photo titti
  • Reviews: 221

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Forgot!: Ecuador best place

Close to the ancient site of Ingapirca, you can find one of the most lovely hotel I've ever seen.
Everything was simply perfect, included meals... Even the big black bug sharing the bathroom was pretty enough... Just missed... but that's another story... :-)

Great everyhting! I'll post a pic.

• Opinion of Price: about average