- Reviews: 8
Hotel Calypsso: Don't Have High Expectations For Four Star Hotels
We booked our stay through our time share with Interval...a company with a strong reputation for high quality (at least in all my other experiences). This time was quite the exception:
- Our Room: We had the most astounding termite infestation I have ever seen. Literally in about eight hours you would find an enormous pile of dust formed from their constant feast. As soon as it was cleaned up, it would quickly reform. Better STILL, the balcony window didn't close properly, and thus each time it rained (which was at least every other day), the entire unit would flood.
- The Facilities: What facilities? All I recall seeing was a pool that appeared to be a breeding ground for fungi and bacteria. I felt much safer going across the street to the beach to swim. Granted I was a bit young to be paying visits to the club or bar, so I don't actually have any basis for judgement of those facilities.
The food served in the cafe was actually quite good; I was pretty fond of the arroz con pollo.
On the positive end, my brother and I, ages 9 and 10 at the time, enjoyed sneaking up on to the roof of the hotel..the architecture is unique, so there were plenty of places to climb around. We even had places to hide when the maids came up there to dry laundry.
- Reviews: 72
Hotel Francisco II: Parking and Quiet - two great things in Salinas!
The Hotel Francisco II is small and basic, but it has some serious advantages. First, the staff is friendly - this can be key! Second, there is protected parking, though it is a block and a half away in a dirt lot. Third, it is quiet, which can be hard to find in noisy Salinas, especially during the beach season of December to May. Fourth, it is located on the Malecon, at the far end of the beach, so you should find whatever you need right around you.
Seems very safe
Very small rooms
Beds kind of stiff
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- Voyageur Motel
- Radisson Hotel Fort Worth South
- Muthoot Plaza Trivandrum
- Timber Top Caravan Park
- Ramada Inn Phoenix West
- Hotel Romantic de Sitges
- Viscount Suite Hotel
- The Pillars Hotel
- Sepilok Nature Resort
- Big Bear Manor Jacuzzi Cabins
- Francis Malbone House
- The Jerusalem Hostel
- Travelodge Hotel Lax Airport
- Myrtle Beach Travel Park