Hostal Chimenea

MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hostel Chimenea

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 30, 2011

I liked my room at Hostel Chimenea. It had a good size and was convenient with shelves, hangers, a table with a chair, a bedside table with a lamp, a balcony, a bathroom with hot water (but no soap) and a comfortable bed. From the balcony and from the shower I could see the waterfall. The price of the room was $12 (July 2011).

Breakfast was not included in the price, but could be bought for a reasonable price at the rooftop café. A breakfast with two homemade breads, egg, butter, jam, fresh fruit juice and coffee was $2.50. An extra coffee was $0.70 and a yoghurt $0.50. The rooftop café is open in the mornings, but later you can take drinks in the fridge, coffee or tea and write it down on a list and pay for it when you check out.

In the reception area there are three computers you can use for free and there is wi-fi. There is also a book exchange. There is laundry service, and I paid $1.50 for my laundry. At the hostel there is also a spa, which I didn’t use.
__________________________________________________________
Update July 2013: I have just stayed at Hostel Chimenea again and I got the same room as last time, but now the room was $17 and the breakfast with coffee, bread, butter, marmelade, fruite juice and eggs was $2.75.

Nearby Hostal Chimenea

Hostal Chimenea

• Hostal Chimenea Banos

Address: Luis A. Martinez y Rafael Vieira Baños, Tungurahua, Ecuador

5 Photos of Hostal Chimenea

Baños Travel Forum

Need advice about Baños, Ecuador? Visit the Travel Forum for Baños and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Baños hotel reviews