Caserio Runtun Km 6, Banos, Ecuador

Luna Runtun Adventure Spa
Booking.com Travelocity AMOMA.com

• Excellent at all times !

We had a very good mixture of rest (spa) and activities! We have enjoyed the perfect service at all times, the very good food, the extraordinary and unique location with its breathtaking views ! It has been a great experience for the second consecutive year. We will be back with our family and friends ! Thank you again.

Unique Quality: Great location, breathtaking views, excellent masages and food !

Directions: Follow the signboards of Luna Runtun

More about Luna Runtun

Banos - Bellavista

by SanguiniA

Banos is situated in a valley between mountains so a Bellavista (beautiful view) spot is expected to be found. I guess there are various, but the one I visited was the one one the way to Luna Runtun (an upscale hotel on the mountains overlooking Banos). You can either hike up here, or else horse-ride here. I opted for the latter, which was quite fun.

To get to Bellavista you pass through some great scenery, and the scene overlooking the town is great. Actually, it's quite impressive that the town looks so large from up here. I had thought it to be quite small.

The greenest country I have ever seen

by tlcstork

"The greenest country I have ever seen."

It is the rainy season (winter) there right now so it can be very cloudy and difficult to see the volcanos. Banos is very cute. Just outside of Banos is Hosteria Luna Runtun. If it is a clear day you MUST go here!!! It is one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen outside of Alaska. You can hike or take a taxi. If you get a clear day in Banos go on the TeleferiQu. It is a cable car that takes you up 13,000 ft and you can see all three volcanos. It's cold so bring a jacket. Also, there is a little museum, Museo Inti Nan, that I thought would be hokey but it was actually interresting. Skip the Mitad del Mundo, totally touristy. Also, skip Latacunga. Poor and crime ridden. A favorite and prized food is Guinea Pig, disgusting! :)

Is Luna Runtun really so bad?

by PaulineB

I read a posting on here about a bad experience at Luna Runtun - have other people had good experiences? I am planning on staying there later in the year. Also does anyone know the best place to get a taxi from Quito to Banos - obviously I want to pay the lowest price possible!

RE: Is Luna Runtun really so bad?

by timmy1975

A taxi from Quito to Baños? If price is an issue, you can take a bus for four bucks.

Ecuador is a very inexpensive country with amazingly friendly people and a varied cuisine (some of the best simple seafood in the world, in my opinion.) You might want to come down off the hill and enjoy it.

Obviously, I've never stayed at Luna Runtun (a Swiss-run chalet on a ridge far removed from the city of Baños, with international chefs and European accomodations,) but it sounds awful to me. Avoid at all costs.

I reccomend Hostal Plantas y Blanco which has private rooms for 7 bucks or a dorm bed for $4 in a room that smells like feet.

I also know some good nearby cities to watch cockfighting.

Hope this helps.

-tim

RE: Is Luna Runtun really so bad?

by Xfranco

At the risk of sounding like a vacationer (as opposed to a genuine backpacker), I'd would like to say that I'd give Luna a ringing endorsement. I stayed there about a year ago and found that the place has a certain charm that more than justifies the premium you pay. It is located away from the city, but the city is but a 7-10 minute cab ride down a proper road. I would, however, recommend refraining from travelling up this road late at night. The road that leads to Luna winds up and around the mountain and is, in fact, precariously narrow and at night fog tends to severly limit visibility. Hope this helped.

Comments