Sabe Center Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Asunción

AFW summer 06AFW summer 06

me and my housemate infront of our little house.me and my housemate infront of our little house.

PanteonPanteon

I am visiting Asunción in June

by I_clavdivs

Any tips would be appreciated. Do you know of any excellent restaurants? How does the city compare to other Latin American cities? Thanks!

Re: I am visiting Asunción in June

by mcrestincov

Asunción is a poor city without a lot of thinks to do.

I'm Brazilian and live here.

I realy recommend that if you go to vancation spend your my in other better place , but if you come because of the work or something like that i will give you the list with the best restaurat´s here.

Mburicao - International Restaurant. (The best)

Il Capo - Restaurante Italiano

Fina Estampa - Peru

La Positana - Italiano

Las Cañitas - Good Restaurant with a good wine store.

I dont know the address but you can ask in the hotel. I suggest you to stay in Granados Hotel.

Mauricio

Re: I am visiting Asunción in June

by robine

Yes, Asuncion is very much a backwater. I went because of friends, but wouldn't return otherwise. And I feel for you, Brazilian correspondent!

by pieter_jan_v

I have lived in the city in the eighties and visited the town twice thereafter. The last time I found that some of my favorite restaurants were gone (including the Casino). The better restaurants are more in the suburbs on the road to the airport and some in the government quarter.
Even in the best restaurants you can have a bad experience (mostly the day after). Just use your common hygene rules for the tropics.

PJ

by mcrestincov

Do not worry ! The company is paying me very well for this !

by chillyg

I am a wolf for girls 18-21 and have been to Rio in Brazil but a friend of mine told me that Paraguay is loaded with alot of hot girls and really CHEAP !!! can you give me any ideas of this being true and what is a good time to visit Paraguay, I likr the warm weather since the girls would wear less. Thanx

Travel Tips for Asunción

Fisherman's port in Asuncion

by capelo

there is a fisherman port near the city centre in Asuncion called "Varadero" in the Itápytápunta (red stone's hedge in Guarani) neighbourhood near the Hospital de Clinicas and the Medicine School, UNA.

In here, you can buy fresh fish daily or eat a typical pira caldo (fish soup) and other Paraguayan traditional food. Beware that there are not classy restaurants, but humble people offering their catch in their houses, the odd boat serving food and small bars serving beer and other drinks.

Check the viewpoint at Itapytapunta too for scenic views over the Paraguay River.

And if you feel unsafe around working class people, just forget about this tip!

Comments