Paraiso Golf Ranch Resort & Spa

Km 24 Monday and International Route 7, Minga Guazu Km 24, Ciudad Del Este, Paraguay

More about Ciudad del Este

On the border of 3 countriesOn the border of 3 countries

Passport.Passport.

Parana RiverParana River

Streets of Ciudad del Este.Streets of Ciudad del Este.

getting to Puerto Iguazu

by hilgil

I am flying into AGT (Ciudad del Este) and yet staying at a hotel in Puerto Iguazu, Argentina. How do I get from one to the other?
Will I need a Brazilian visa if I am traveling through, not stopping?

Re: getting to Puerto Iguazu

by ElDesierto

Regarding the Brasilian visa requirement; that will depend upon the passport that you will be carrying. Do a google search for Brazilian visa requirements. If you're a norteamericano (USA passport holder), you will need to obtain a Brasilian entry visa prior to arriving in Brasil (prior to attempting to cross the bridge from Ciudad del Este to Foz do Iguacu).

From Ciudad del Este, take a taxi or collectivo to the border with Brasil (Foz do Iguacu), take a taxi across the bridge that spans the border, then another taxi, bus or collectivo to the Brasil (Foz do Iguacu) - Argentina border (Puerto Iguacu). FYI: You can walk across the bridge mentioned above, but it is not recommended.

Good luck,
ElDesierto

Travel Tips for Ciudad del Este

Participate in the street...

by scarm

Participate in the street mayhem. Never have I seen so much sales activity in such a concentrated area. The hustle and bustle on the bridge and the streets and shopping centers is phenomenal. People are literally running everywhere, to move around the boxes that come from all over the world. Learning the intricacies of the Paraguayan version of Cha Mate, the drink of the mate (mah-teh) plant, that is consumed as a beverage in northern Argentina, southern Brazil, and Uruguay. The Paraguayan version is consumed out of a special small recepticle made of a hollowed out gourd or an animal horn, but the Paraguayan version is consumed ice cold, not hot like the others drink it, and it is sipped through the same metal straw (with filter) as in the neighboring countries.

Find someone to help.

by Dizzyhead

If you plan to buy a lot of electronics here in Ciudad del Este, I recommend you to get a person who will follow you around. So, how do you find them? They will find you and they work for the shops. Just use your feelings if they are good or bad, then it is up to you if you want to give any tip or not. I gave 30 reais (Brasil). He helped me a lot to find the electronic things I wanted to buy here.

Hot in the city

by andal13

The overpowering heat; the overcrowded streets; the peddlers chasing me with their perfumes, radios and watches; the kind people everywhere, trying to sell me anything, and giving me wrong directions with a warm smile; the stacks of cigarette boxes of all kind; the dozens of shops where you can buy all kind of electronic stuff; the sellers eating hot meals under their hot tents; all the people drinking cold terere; the constant sensation of illegality and danger; the evident illicit activities at the international bridge...

El calor agobiante; las calles atestadas; los vendedores ambulantes persiguiéndome con sus perfumes, radios y relojes; la gente amable por todas partes, tratando de venderme cualquier cosa, y dándome indicaciones equivocadas con una amplia sonrisa; las pilas de cajillas de cigarrillos de todo tipo; las docenas de tiendas de venta de todo tipo de artefactos electrónicos; los vendedores comiendo sus platos calientes bajo sus toldos calientes; todo el mundo tomando tereré; la constante sensación de ilegalidad y peligro; las actividades a todas luces ilícitas del puente...

Three countries in one glance

by acemj

Tres Fronteiras means three borders and it's pretty cool to be able to look out and see Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil in one glance. There are markers for each country at the point where they come together at the intersection of the Rio Iguacu and the Rio Paraná, but you don't have to visit the markers to see all three countries in one look.

For a traveler, it's hard to look out and see three countries and not at least make an attempt to set foot in each. This was my primary motivation for visiting Paraguay. I thought, "Dang, how often will I be this close!?" Of course, I didn't know about all of the danger that I referenced in the introduction, but I doubt that would have deterred me. Some local Brazilians in Foz do Iguacu mentioned that Ciudad del Este was a good place to go bargain hunting and that was all the reason I needed. We can always use a little bargaining practice. So, I stopped in the tourist information office in Foz do Iguacu and asked about which bus to take and within a half hour I was slowly inching my way over the jam-packed bridge (named the "Friendship Bridge", "Puente de la Amistad" in Spanish, "Amizade" in Portuguese) that spans the Paraná River. There were as many people crossing on foot as there were in cars and the hot weather and dust made for a miserable scene. After passing through customs (which involved a Paraguayan customs agent taking two steps into the bus looking at 2 or 3 of the 25 or so people on board and waving us through), I got off at the first stop. The streets were all lined with vendors selling trinkets, CDs, soccer jerseys and more. Most of it was probably being sold illegally. Who knows? But, since I was living dangerously, I decided to spring for a watch. The strap broke by nightfall.

A guide.

by Dizzyhead

It can be good toaccept a guide who heps you to find all around in the city. He helps you to find all the cheap shops and stay away so you dont get fooled. I had a very good manle guide. I cant rememeber his name at all and I cant show you any picture either. I lost actually my camera on a restarant when i got back to Brazil. 10 days of travelling disappeared. Not funny at all.

Comments