Best Western Los Andes De America

BEST WESTERN Los Andes De America
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

• VolsUT's Profile Photo

A very nice hotel

Despite the picture of the view from my window the hotel was very nice. If you stay a second night the hotel will give you a good meal for free which I found a plus. When you leave the hotel be sure to take your cell phone.I left mine and could not inform the telephone company until eleven days later after a $1,300 bill had been chargd to me! The charges were of course taken off but it was an incinvinence that took over two hours to work out.

• Orkaena's Profile Photo

UNA CASONA COLONIAL

We stayed at this hotel in may 2000, and sincerely I don't remember that this old hotel belongs to Best Western in those days. I just remember an old spanish colonial house, dusty, with pretty primitive bathrooms, woody floors, veeery old furnitures claiming for a bit of caress and refurbish, at all, despite all this deffects it was a warm experience for us.
    Now as I can see Best Western had invested some dollars and the hotel is changed a lot.
    The prices too, u$s 20 for a double room in 2000, u$s 110 in 2005.
    Anyway, check the website below looking for special discounts, it can be interesting.
    The location at 2 1/2 blocks from the Plaza de Armas and 50 meters from the House of Garcilaso, right in the hearth of El Cusco is wonderful indeed.
    I only hope that this old black charriot parked inside the Patio still being there.

Unique Quality: I can't say too much about it, perhaps all those old fancy things that captivated my imagination doesn't exists anymore.
    But the location is perfect.

Directions: Two and a half blocks from the Plaza de Armas, 50 meters from the House of Garcilaso (Mueso Historico Regional)

• ArizonaBay's Profile Photo

Great location and more

The location is perfect for a Cusco traveler--right on Calle Garcilaso just a few blocks (one or two) away from the Plaza de Armas. It's even closer to another plaza with a few pizza places. Overall the place was great looking, with a great and attentive staff. Some of them don't speak much English, so practice that Spanish. The breakfast buffet was nice, but not spectacular. Dinner was a bit of a hassle--the overworked waitresses did their best, but our large group waited more than an hour for our entrees (and even drinks in some cases) to arrive. I'd recommend eating elsewhere after breakfast. To be fair, slow service seems to permeate all of the Cusco Department, so maybe I'm overreacting. Other than that, I have little else negative to say except that some of the rooms have extremely thin walls, especially in the bathrooms (I think the wall between my bathroom and the next one didn't go all the way up to the ceiling). I wish I could provide price information, but it was part of a package--sorry!

Unique Quality: Location!