Hostal Adomar

Playing SapoPlaying Sapo

QorikanchaQorikancha

Entrance to the MarketEntrance to the Market

SACSAYSUAMANSACSAYSUAMAN

What all can I do/see for 2 days in Cusco?

by pdr1

We are going to Peru in May, with 2 days available for sight-seeing in Cusco. We are doing Machu Picchu, Ollantaytambo, Maras and Moray, Pisac on other days. So we don't need to do those in the 2 days for Cusco.

Can somebody suggest an itinerary/list of things to do in Cusco and surroundings. Let me know if I should get in touch with a tour company in Cusco. Or should I get in touch with the hotel in Cusco that I am staying at for tours/guides? Or should we plan to go around on our own.

Note that we don't understand any Spanish.

by gfinesilver

Sacsayhuaman ruins are right above Cuzco. you can walk or get a bus or taxi.
And the Qor y Kancha is right downtown. very interesting ruins, the old capital building.

and you can go rafting - Mayuc is a good company.

by dansak

Hi PDR1!

While you stay in the city (in Cusco), you can do the "city tour" (6 hours approx.) or can do the "complete tour" (10 hours approx.). It is not necessary to get in touch with the Hotel, they will add some money.

When you stay in the downtown (PLAZA DE ARMAS), you will find a lot of companies which offers the tours, to tell the truth, they are very cheap. Compare prices.

SANDRO.

by risse73

Yes, it's true that local tour operators are everywhere in Cusco especially around the main plaza. So, you can do that OR book the tours through your hotel/hostel (it's cheap enough & you can't go wrong with it). If you were the adventurous type, you can go to all the historical sites and ancient ruins on your own via public transport. Goodluck & enjoy beautiful Peru!

by lescarleth

Good morning, a good route is to make the City Tour is $ 10.00 Economy emerging every day at 1:30 PM, if you're thinking about going to Maras Moray can do a route that is very good with the bike is very good adventure, and then you can stay in Ollantaytambo to take your train to Machu Picchu is a good option http://www.adventureperutours.com/ is a good option with contactate Jose Luis Villegas good man fond greetings and enjoy your trip in Cusco is wonderful.

Escarlet Lucano
lescarleth@hotmail.com

by BE001903

When we were there in 2002 you could buy a ticket for multiple sights in and around the city; this will keep you occupied for 2 days. The card was valid for several days and allowed access to; Saqsayhuaman, q'enqa, Pukapukara, Cuzco cathedral, several museums, san Blas etc...
Have a great time in Peru it's really one of South America's treasures.

by kzapanta

go to the central market of Plaza de Armas.
Browse there for a bit but try to have lunch like the people there do. It's a great experience

Travel Tips for Cusco

Scenery

by chris_i79

My favorite thing about Cusco and the entire area is the incredible scenery. Every corner reveals another great view. This photo was taken on the long but enjoyable bus ride from La Paz to Cusco. As passed by hundreds of Llama and Alpacas grazing along side the road, we made our way through some very mountainous terrain.

La Bajada de Los Reyes (Arrival of 3 wise men)

by raraavis

On January 6th -- La Bajada de Los Reyes -- locals attend mass in the Catholic Church.

We had ventured into (for lack of better words) the "real Cusco" away from tourists. When we walked by the cathedral, we noticed a group children selling adorable doll-size costumes. So we asked them what the clothes are for. They told us it's for baby Jesus. As we stood outside of the cathedral, we noticed women and children carrying elaborately decorated baskets with dolls dressed in festive costumes, i.e. princess, bull fighter, king, etc. These dolls signify baby Jesus. Mass attendees bring baby Jesus to worship with them.

Inquisitive minds want to know. We decided to attend mass as well. Interesting experience despite the fact I understood very little of what the priest said.

Choquequirao

by Maillekeul

You have to do this trek, better than the Inka Trail, according to many guides... Go on my Choquequirao page to see what you can't miss !!

Vous devez faire ce trek, meilleur que le Chemin de l'Inca, selon pas mal de guides. Allez sur ma page Choquequirao et regardez ce que vous n'avez pas le droit de louper !!

Gift Shop in the Hotel Savoy

by AlbuqRay

The gift shop in the Savoy Hotel had many nice things of good quality. Maybe because it was not high season, the prices were not bad at all. They certainly compared favorably to the shops where the tour bus stopped. Daisy was very helpful in making selections without being pushy about selling something (a rare occurrence in Cusco). Jewelry and wool weavings I bought a beautiful necklace for $65 and a nice wool handbag for $5. Hey, gifts...not for me!

Inca Fe Cafe - Delicious

by hethbill about Inca Fe Cafe

We went to Inca Fe becauase it was down the street from our hotel, and man was it good! It's a small place, with both local and American dishes, and in our big group, everyone enjoyed what they ordered. Prices are typical for Peru, which is cheap cheap cheap compared to the US. I had something called "Inca Fe Risotto" which was actually a sumptuous piece of alpaca meat in a tasty sauce, with risotto in a cheese sauce on the side. It wasn't like macaroni and cheese, it was a gourmet sort of cheese sauce. It was delicious. .... The next day for lunch I had a sandwich - the Chicken Pizzagiola - which was also really good, and big! I had to get half of it "to go."

Comments