Hotel Casa San Blas Cusco

Tocuyeros 566, Cusco, Peru

Casa San Blas
Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

• Cusco's Charming Hotel in San Blas Neighborhood

This is a charming small hotel in San Blas neighborhood, just three blocks from Main Square and surrounded by little shops and excellent restaurants like Green's and La Cicciolina. We stayed in a junior suite apartment with a beautiful view of the city. Views from the suites are wonderful and the staff was very helpful and accomodating. Great location, delicious breakfasts and service!

Directions: A block from San Blas Main Square.

More about Hotel Casa San Blas Cusco

Casa San Blas is a Gem

by TripAdvisor Member Ch3797

We recently spent four tranquil nights at the Casa San Blas. It is in the old part of the city only a couple of cobblestoned blocks from the main square. The staff is beyond compare - professional and accomodating. They even made us a meal after arriving late on the train from Aguas Calientes. This is an old adobe home that has been tastefully converted to large open rooms with the most modern amenities. Ours had a little kitchenette and opened onto the rooftop terrace. The on-site restaurant served up fabulous food that was surprisingly inexpensive - especially considering the large portions. Highly recommended!

TIKA Bistro Gourmet

by ValbyDK about TIKA Bistro Gourmet

We were walking down from San Blas towards Plaza de Armas, and a couple of blocks from San Blas Square we spotted the ‘TIKA Bistro Gourmet’ in a small backyard (in connection to Boutique Hotel Casa San Blas). There were a couple of tables outside, but it was very hot in the midday sun and we ended up inside the restaurant.

The specialty of the restaurant were dishes made from local ingredients – combined with Asian (Thai and Vietnamese) flavours! It sounded a little weird, but the food was really tasty. We had a chicken dish with rice and a spicy Asian sauce.

You must try their coca tea (‘mate de coca’), besides coca leaves it also contains lemon and lots of honey. Very nice for a sweet tooth like me…

Fine place to stay at Cusco

by TripAdvisor Member Beltran_Simo

I stayed at Casa San Blas two days while visiting Macchu Picchu.

The hotel is a refurbished old house, situated near Cusco's main attractions. Rooms are clean and quite spacious. Mine was facing the patio, so was a little noisy. Bathroom was excellent. Fabulous room service.

Overall, the hotel is good and deserves a visit.

Great Accomodations and Staff to match

by TripAdvisor Member AustinMike

We stayed at the Casa San Blas in late October and rented two rooms; a suite on the 3rd floor and another room on the 2nd.
The suites were nice and had a great balcony and view. The rooms on the 2nd floor were nice but make sure to get one with a window facing outside.

The hotel staff was excellent too, very helpful and accomodating.
The let us store our bags there too while we did the 4 day Inca Trail trek and had our dirty clothes cleaned and ready within hours of our return.

The hotel area was very nice too and just a few blocks off the main plaza. (You have to be really lazy if you hire a taxi from the plaza to get to the hotel)

We enjoyed Jacks place for breakfast- just down the hill.
Coccolina-sp? for dinner was excellent.
Incanto was also good.
Paddy Flahertys was a good pub too.

Great hotel in a great city and I would recommend it to anyone.

Good place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member traveller47

We spent 3 nights at the Casa. The staff were extremely helpful, especially during the booking process.(I was booking 2 rooms for 4 people and dates kept shifting!) We stayed in rooms on the second floor off the terrace. The room had a small living area, kitchenette and a loft where the bed was located.The room could accomodate 3 people as there was a single daybed in the living area. The view of the city lights at night from the loft was terrific! Breakfasts were good with eggs cooked to order. Also the restaurant at the hotel, "Tika", was quite good. We appreciated the very easy internet access. The location is a short walk down the hill to the plaza and there are lots of small shops in the area around the hotel as well as very good restaurants ( Cicciolina is only 3 blocks away). The decor is not lavish( think 1980's era style bedspreads!) but certainly is very comfortable. We liked that they had weavings as decor that were also for sale. The showers were very good and there was a hair dryer (which is important for some). Coca tea was available whenever we came back to the hotel ( at any hour) and the staff were most helpful. One couple we met had a problem on checkout as the hotel didn't take Mastercard. Check out can be slow so if you are catching a train or bus possibly checkout the night before. Also the atm around the corner, (on the Plaza San Blas) that staff will direct you to DOES NOT open until lunch time!!! ( it is in the entry to a restaurant Pachapapa)so if you need cash get it down the hill. lots of atms on the Plaza. Overall very good value, pleasant surroundings, clean, good location and excellent staff.

Good Accomodation but could be cheaper

by TripAdvisor Member AussieSydney

This place is really nice but I do think you could find cheaper. The location is good in SansBlas and near good restuarants and then it is only 2 blocks from the main sq. They pick you up and will drop you off at the airport. Has free internet and good breakfast. Clean rooms.

Wonderful Place to Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member purplechevy

My husband and I read reviews on tripadvisor.com for our week long trip to Cusco in December. We really liked what the reviews had to say about Casa San Blass. My husband called the hotel and the girl on the phone was extremely helpful. We needed two rooms, one for us and one for my husband's parents. The girl was so nice and helpful. They asked us our flight number and had someone to pick us up at the airport. Once arriving at the hotel they had Coca tea waiting for us and helped us book our tour of Cusco, train tickets to Machu Picchu, and gave great advice on where to eat and to get souvenirs. Our room was comfortable and very clean. The entire staff was great! They were all so helpful. I, unfortunately, got sick from the altitude, and the staff sent up coca tea for me several times to our room. I think they went above and beyond what an average hotel would have done for a sick traveler. The breakfast in the morning is nice, breads, chesses, eggs, cereal, tea, and coffee. Also, there is a computer available to check your email. The restaurant in the hotel was wonderful as well, eat there at least once. Like the other reviewers have said, the location is great. Many nice shops really close by and the main square is a 5 minute walk. If you stay here, there is a wonderful bakery only steps from the hotel. My husband and I stopped by there every morning to "stock up" for the day. We carried bread with us on some of our tours to munch on during our bus rides.
The only thing my husband has a complaint about is the final bill was given in Soles, yet the credit card was charged in Dollars. So, it took advantage of an unfavorable exchange rate.
If you are going to Cusco, stay here, you won't be disappointed!

Great location, friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member uktraveller17

We stayed 3 nights here between trips to Machu Picchu and the Amazon. The hotel was great about us booking 3 seperate nights and took care of our luggage each time and had it put back in our room when we returned.
They were also really helpful before and during our stay and arranged transfers and gave us advice on booking trains.
The free airport transfers everytime we flew in were great and the free internet in the lounge/lobby area was also a bonus.
We did find one room we were in a little noisy as the bathroom window opened onto the lobby, but they moved us to another one the next time. As someone else said, there's not a lot of natural light in the rooms but they are clean and modern and have a homely feel due to the local decorations.
We ate in the restaurant one night and were very impressed with the dishes served.
All in all a great little hotel with a beautiful setting just off the cobbled streets below San Bals square and a short walk to the main square.
Would stay here again.

Be careful of what room you get

by TripAdvisor Member one4fun

Overall the San Blas Cusco seemed like a good hotel. The location is great and has easy access to the Plaza and town area. My only experience with the rooms was room 211. I was told the hotel was sold out and room 211 was it. Well 211 has to be one of the worst rooms of any hotel I have ever stayed and that includes the $8.00, yes eight dollar room I had in Thailand about 3 years back. Why?, well room 211 has its main window overlooking an enclosed courtyard style lobby. Withing 10 to 15 feet of the window is the main front desk and all you hear is the conversations the staff has talking with each other, hotel guests and all the phone calls that are received and called out with most of them being on speaker. My main reason for this review is so that others make sure you do not get room 211. I would bet the hotel is nice besides this room. Hard to imagine this room being used for anything but a storage room. On the other hand the hotel got $170.00 for 2 nights from me. I guess they are smart ones!

Accommodation recomendations in Cuzco

by Victor250

Can anyone offer any good recomendations for good, clean, safe accommodation in Cuzco? Any help appreciated.

RE: RE: Accommodation recomendations in Cuzco

by Hopkid

We stayed at the Hotel Cusco Plaza which is on the quiet Plaza Nazarenas, up the hill from the Plaza de Armas. It was very clean and modern with a nice little courtyard inside where breakfast is served each morning. Very reasonably priced as well. For comparison purposes it's just across the plaza from perhaps the best hotel in Cusco, the Monasterio. They also let us store luggage we didn't need on our trek along the Inca Trail.

by cass30

have a look at www.lokihostel.com which is only about a year old and in cusco and lima.

If you need any more information feel free to ask me.

by nhoolb

Am I too late for my answer? We stayed at a very nice one close to the Plaza de Armas (Plaza Central)
And not expensive!

by hethbill

We just stayed at Rumi Punku last week in Cusco. It was wonderful - charming, clean, affordable, friendly, a great location and a tasty breakfast. I also wrote a tip on it on my Cusco page.

by Carlones

Casa San Blas in the San Blas area is a good and very popular hotel in Cusco.
At the Sacred Valley I would stay in the Kuychi Rumi (www.urubamba.com)

Comments