Hotel Marqueses

Cusco, from the Christ statueCusco, from the Christ statue

QorikanchaQorikancha

Piccola LocandaPiccola Locanda

San Blas areaSan Blas area

Tourist Ticket (Boleto Turistico)

by Carlos436

How much is the Tourist Ticket for entry into the Cuzco attractions?

by risse73

It was $23 in September, 2007. It may have increased since then. Check my Cusco page re: tip on the tourist ticket for further description. Good Luck & Enjoy Beautiful Peru!

by Kakapo2

Yesterday there was a post of the Cusco tourist office in the forum. It might have been deleted, as it was no real forum question and could have been considered as an advertisement.

Anyway, I remember that they wrote the price was $ 22 and included - if I remember right - about 16 sites.

by dzasta56

Last week the Bolito Touristico was indeed 130soles. You can also get 1/2 ticket for 70 soles but I was told it is only good for 2 days so I ended up paying more for the few sites I wanted to see. I got a blog here it might help. www.travelpod.com/members/dzasta. or you might be able to navigate from here.

Travel Tips for Cusco

Ollantaytambo

by hartti

A nice small town close to Cusco, wonderful scenery from the terraces. The pub was just on the back yard of a little shop. There clients could have freshing drink among dogs and ducks. Price of beer was moderate (3 sols). (Pisco sour I did not ask, it really did not come into my stupid mind!) The table was not needed.

Oops!

by JessieLang

The people were called Incas because the Spanish misunderstood them. “Inca” is their word for their ruler; the people were Tayhuantinsuyo (which means "Four states of the empire.")

The Spanish error remained, and the Tayhuantinsuyo became Incas. “The winner writes the history.”

Local Markets

by fototravels

Don't just stick to the tourist markets. This photo shows a local woman buying a pig head for dinner. Experience the culture..... but also be smart about it! As with everywhere you must be aware of your surroundings.

Alpaca Products: Hand-made or Machine-made?

by AKtravelers about Any market or farm

When we visited the llama farm in the Sacred Valley, we got a tour of its adjacent store, which sold hand-woven products directly from its own llamas and alpacas. They showed us the process for dying the wool using natural materials and the traditional way of weaving the material by hand. It was all very interesting.
Then of course, they showed us their wonderful shop. Inside was a great variety of high-quality alpaca/llama goods. Luckily, Jose, our B&B owner, warned us that the shop was overpriced and advocated waiting until Pisac market to buy anything alpaca. During our visit to the shop, we were confronted for the first time (but not the last time) with the decision to buy machine-made versus hand-made goods. Obviously, the hand-made goods are more expensive, but it's up to you to determine if that really makes a difference to you. But if it does, realize that you cannot always trust the word of the seller, and we recommend buying a product only if you like it and not for the perceived extra value it would have because it's supposedly hand-made.

Touristy but fun

by nattybabe

I can't remember the name of any of the restaurants we visited but there were two in particular that stay in my mind.

The first was a restaurant that offered a 3 course meal with a glass of Pisco Sour and a show. The price was around 60 pesos for 2 people. I was suprised by how good the food was!! First course was all you could eat from a buffet, second was any main from the menu (we had the Alpaca steaks) and a dessert from the menu. The show was fantastic too!! We had dancers dance rings around everyone in the restaurant!!

Although this is more than you pay for dinner in another restaurant, you got as much food as you liked and entertainment. Perfect!!

Comments