Collacalle 204, Cusco, Peru
Booking.com

More about Inkarri Hostal

Didn't stay due to construction, but very nice and helpful owners

by TripAdvisor Member WanderLSP

We were excited about staying at this hostel since the website looked so nice. However, it was under construction and even though we had confirmed our reservation a couple days before, they did not have a room for us since the construction on the new rooms was running behind. But, Aurora (the owner) still picked us up from the airport and had already made arrangements at another hotel for us. So, she drove us there and made sure we were ok. Although it was a nicer hotel, she honored our rate with her hotel. The owners of Inkarri Hostal were very good to us and if we went back to Cusco again, I would consider trying this hotel again.

!!!!Warning!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member cintioh

Just got back from Peru and felt I should warn anyone planning to stay at Inkarri. Gave them a neutral rating because I don't want to reduce their score...but stay was TERRIBLE! Arrived May 22 and checked out after one night. Rooms were clean, staff pleasant, bathrooms nice, breakfast great...which is why I don't want to reduce their rating. However, when we arrived they were in the midst of considerable construction; adding on a very large wing. Workers pounded away until late at night and started up again at 6am. I could have put up with the noise if there had at least been WATER. I don't mean a lack of hot water, I mean NO water! It would sporadically come on for 30sec. and then nothing. Couldn't shower, flush toilet, etc. This was a hostal wide problem that according to other guests had been going on for at least 3 days. Inkarri seemed to be a very nice place to stay, just contact them before going and make sure the construction is complete and they've sorted out the water issues. If not, Koyllur around the corner worked out well for us.

Terrific Ownership and Staff

by TripAdvisor Member Alidad78

This is a terrific hostal with clean, spacious rooms in a convenient location close to the square. It is true that they have been constructing a new wing and there was work being done while we were there but generally we were awake and getting ready for sight seeing when they would start (around 8am) and they would be done by the time we got back home. The only issue is that the rooms can get cold at night but you can request extra blankets and a heater. The most amazing thing about this place is its ownership, staff and service. They went out of their way to help us out anytime we needed anything. American Airlines lost my luggage on the way to Peru and managed to botch the delivery once it got to Cusco such that I had to leave for Machu Picchu without my luggage. However, the owners followed up with the airline for me while I was away, even went to the airport to pick up my luggage and stored it for me until my return. Check out the construction situation with them if that concerns you but otherwise, definitely stay there!

Wonderful Little Gem Near San Blas Area of Cusco

by TripAdvisor Member AZTraveler42

We have nothing but wonderful memories of Inkarri and Cusco. We cannot believe the negative review by "Cincinnati with the Warning." We were there on the 23rd of May 2008, just one day after them. We were picked up at the airport by Inkarri's staff and transported to our room. It really makes you feel important when you see the sign with your name on it at the airport. Yes the construction was going on while we were there for 5 days. It was real interesting to watch the construction and talk with the workers. It is going to be much larger place going from 15 rooms to 36 total. Our room was as close as you could get to the construction area but they never ever bothered us once. They were completely respectful of the guests and never disturbed us early or late. Aurora asked us several times if they were disturbing us and we always said no. Here we have two different guests (Cincinnati) and us from Arizona with two different reactions. The Inkarri is absolutely wonderful! The rooms are clean and spacious, the water hot, and the service, and breakfast top notch. Inkarri will book tours for you. They have three standard tours they book: the Machu Picchu, the City Tour, and the Sacred Valley. We had already arranged our Machu Picchu trip on our own but we booked the City Tour with them for $10.00 US each for about 6 hours and the Sacred Valley Tour for $25.00 US each with lunch for about 12 hours. The tour company picked us up at Inkarri and we boarded very modern buses with English-speaking guides. They were first rate tours and more than worth the money. By the way, the city tour offers a DVD of sites and sounds of Cusco for $14.00 US. It is well worth the $14.00 US. We did leave for one night (Inkarri held our luggage while we were at Machu Picchu and we didn’t have to pay for a room to be held or to leave our luggage with them). When we returned we got the room right next to the one we had. When we left on May 29th they were close to finished with the new wing. We were a little sad we couldn't see it completed. They will be turning the old dining area into a lounge and have a new larger dining area. They should be completed with the new areas in time for high season the end of June and Inti Rimi. If we were ever to return to Cusco this would be our first choice to stay. We look forward to reading comments from guests who stayed there in June and July and to hear about the wonderful new completed facilities. These recent negative evaluations of Inkarri during construction are completely unfair! Look at the older reviews before construction to see how the Inkarri really is. It was because of these reviews on Trip Advisor that we selected Inkarri for our stay and it was a good decision. The location is quiet area of Cusco and you can get anywhere in the city by cab for three soles (about $1.10 US and you are not supposed to tip). Aurora and her staff are wonderful and we know you will have wonderful memories of Inkarri and Cusco like we have. Muchas gracias Aurora!

Nice hostal

by TripAdvisor Member SolecitadeQuito

My husband and I stayed at the Inkarri for two nights on May 25 & 27. The construction of the new wing was going on at full speed. I think one room was completed and guests stayed there for the first time during that period. The work started early morning, but we were up early for out trip to Machu Picchu so it didn’t bother us a bit.
There was a little confusion about our flight and there was nobody waiting for us at the airport; it took just a phone call and a shortly after someone showed up to pick us up. Reading other guests reviews I can say we did experience a little water shortage on the first night, but it lasted only a couple of minutes. Overall the stay was very pleasant; the rooms and bathrooms are clean and big and very comfortable. The service is excellent; they gave us breakfast one hour ahead of their normal time so that we can leave for our tour; they took care of our laundry late at night and store our luggage. We would definitively stay at the Inkarri again.

Excelent place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member tdzurovcak

If you want to stay thousands of miles away from home in a safe, caring, clean, amazing place. Inkarri is like home, from the owners to all their team, the service they provide is amazing, loved everything about it.

Great service! Superb price performance.

by TripAdvisor Member mart1no

Hostal Inkarri, was for us a very pleasent experience, we had a family room for my wife and two children, the room was spacious and clean. Cable TV with many options.
Cons: We were at the old part of the facilities and we had problems connecting hair driers on the plugs, The owner solve the problem in minutes!
the owners very customer oriented, great breakfast, on time laundry service and walking distance to the main square/
For US$ 60 per night is a great deal, more if in Cusco you just need a clean room and good breakfast for all the activities to do outdoors.

Inkarri - fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member spuke4000

My experience at Inkarri was extremely positive. I have traveled all over the world, and stayed in all types of lodging, and I can say that Inkarri was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. That's not to say it's the fanciest, but what makes Inkarri stand out is the incredible personal touch of it's owners.

We had some last minute changes to our schedule, and end up staying at Inkarri twice during our stay and around Cusco. Both times they took extrodinary measures to find us a room even though they were booked up. They helped up arrange drivers around the sacred valley, assisted us with finding restaurants and generally made our stay very enjoyable.

The hotel itself is basic, but totally suitable for any traveler. The lobby and bathrooms had fresh cut flowers, everything was clean and bright. The breakfast that was included was simple but satisfying, and the staff were always cheerful.

I know this may sound trite, but Inkarri is the closest I have come to finding a 'home away from home'. The owners put so much care and attention into the place it is a real pleasure to stay there. I highly recommend it.

Absolutely recommended!

by TripAdvisor Member Nadine34

I can only repeat what is mentioned in the other reviews: great hostel, great staff, ok breakfast (not just bread&jam ;-))…
In its price range definitely way above the others I stayed in during my month in Peru.

In my experience the problems mentioned in some of this summer’s reviews are now solved: no more workers about, water available all the time in both wings… (since I stayed here before and after the trip to MP I managed to stay in both old and new wings).

I does get cold here (a little colder even in the new wing I felt) but the staff will help out with extra blankets etc.

Wonderful place to stay in Cusco!!!

by TripAdvisor Member DCGlobeTrotter007

We loved the friendly and welcoming owners and staff here. They were all so kind, gracious and helpful--taking us to the airport to pick up our lost luggage, arranging day tours in and around Cusco, making dinner reservations, etc. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the main square and 10 minutes from the center of San Blas. They offer complimentary internet, a complimentary breakfast and pick up from the airport. We would definitely return to this property.

Comments