Alabado street 525-5, Barrio de San Blas, Cusco, Peru
Booking.com

More about Cusco

cuscoooooocuscoooooo

Statue of ChristStatue of Christ

Somewhere in Sacred Valley en route to PisacSomewhere in Sacred Valley en route to Pisac

Paco and the train to Machu PicchuPaco and the train to Machu Picchu

Cusco ... new year ?

by lehmannxyz

Hi,

we will be in Cusco from the 30th of Dezember until the 2nd of January.
What are the best things to do at new year? .e.g.. partys... ?
What are the best places to stay?
Should we book for that time in the year in advance?

Many thanks!

Cheers, Frank

Re: Cusco ... new year ?

by helpyou

hello , new year in cusco is wonderful,there are night club,places to visit, many restaurant to go to eat, you could visit this page...there are a lot of information about that and its festivities.

Travel Tips for Cusco

Finger Puppet Mania!

by chrissyalex

While I was in Cusco, I developed a mad addiction to buying finger puppets! These cute little hand-knit puppets of animals were for sale everywhere! On the streets, in markets and in stores. The average price was 1 sole(about 30 cents US) I couldn't resist them. I kept telling myself, you have enough of these things, but then I would see a cute one that I didn't have. I was constantly digging in my pockets or purse for spare change to buy them! "Oh cool..I have a enough change to buy 2! "I ended up coming home with about 40 of these things! What did I do with them all? I gave most of them away, They are great little souvenirs to give, especially for children or people with children. Everyone loved them as much as I did! I did save some for myself . I think I will hang them on my International Christmas tree! My favorite fingerpuppets were the llamas, sheep , chickens, monkeys and hummingbirds. Oh, heck....I liked them all! :-)

Bring Clothes You Can Layer

by chrissyalex

A light travel bag or backpack is enough. You really don't want to lug a heavy suitcase around and really don't need to either. Definately bring clothes you can wear in layers. It is cold in the morning (around 0 C sometimes, but can easily warm up to about 20 -23 C by noon. Big difference in temperatures! I suggest to wear a t-shirt or tank top with a sweater and a light jacket in the morning. Pack comfortable shoes with thick soles. Many of the streets are cobblestoned.
It is chilly at night, so you may want to pack pj's. I didn't ,but it was no problem. You can buy a nice pair of very comfy cotton trousers anywhere in Cusco for about $5 US. I bought a couple of pairs for myself and a few as souvenirs and everyone I gave them to loved them. They have a drawstring waist and also ties at the ankles and buttoned pockets on the sides. You can also purchase a T-shirt for around $2-3 US. The T-shirts with the Inka Cola logo are cool.. And there you go, a nice pair of Peruvian pjs for $7!
The sun is strong so either pack a hat or buy a cute one there for about $2. Definately bring sunscreen, Especially if you are going to Machu Picchu. The sun is very strong and there are very few shaded areas.
Bring some toliet paper also. If you visit some of the villages in the Sacred Valley, the toilet faclitlies may not provide it. In addition to your regular camera, bring a disposable panoramic camera for pictures of Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley.

Watch the Mummies!!

by Orkaena

This night we was walking randomly, wasting time, you know, looking for something.
In front of us the door of a dark club with a dark stairs. Go ahead my brave patagonic indian!!
And going upstairs suddenly... the mummies.
ARE REALLY mummies? The guy told us "YES!"
And if you approach them and inspect (I'm not an expertise but, I had seen dead people sometimes...) in fact, I believe are real mummies hanged on the wall... and singing.

Tans

by Amareyui

I didnt want to spend any time in Lima, so I took the 6:00 a.m. flight from Lima to Cusco after arrving in Peru at 1:00 the same morning.
The airline of the plane I took was called Tans, charged US$70 for an one-way ticket.

Special and extraordinary

by gressino about Fallen Angel

Crazy ambience, really good food, friendly staff, even if bit more expensive than the average restaurant in Peru, but perfect for an ultimate night in the city of the Incas Queso de los Andes, steack and local cheese...DELICIOUS

Comments