Plazoleta Santo Domingo 259, Cusco, Peru

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 52% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Nice dinner show

From the moment we arrived it seemed that everyones main concern was that we were happy and satisfied. Our meal was very good and even the chef came out to make sure we enjoyed what we ordered.
    Concidering this place is high end, there was no "dress code" here and they told us to just come comfortable. That was fine with me.

Unique Quality: The show first started with the traditional band playing Andean music. After a few songs the dancers came in and they performed different dances throughout the night in different typical costumes. It was very entertaining.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Excellent customer service

So one day Adriana and I are looking through our Peru book trying to plan out our day. We decided to make our own "walking tour". We had two places in particular that we wanted to check out. One was the most expensive hotel in Cusco, the Hotel Monastario because it was near the San Blas area that we were going to walk to. The other place on our list was El Hotel Libertador Palacio del Inka. We were told that they had a dinner show with traditional dances and we wanted to check that out. We went in the late morning to see how far it was from our hotel and make reservations and basically just check out the place. We went in and told them that we werent staying there but we were inquiring about thier dinner show and that we wanted to look around. They were very excited about showing us the hotel and gave us some of the best service we had in Cusco. After our tour of the hotel we hung out at the bar and had a few drinks. Later that night we came back to have dinner and see the show.
    We never stayed here but from the way we were treated the entire time we were here I know this would have been a wonderful place to stay at. I just dont really see myself paying $200- 400 per night here in Cusco. For those of you who really like luxury and can afford it this place night be the one for you.
    Their attention to detail is impecable. I think you would have a hard time imagining you are in a third world country by staying at this place. I also noticed that there were alot of older people in this hotel and everyone was much more quiet and reserved.

Unique Quality: One of the things I read about this hotel was "the Libertador perhaps most distinguishes itself with extremely attentive and professional service", I totally have to agree with this statement. Especially for Americans who are big on customer service this place exceeds your expectations.
    We we did attend the dinner show that was held in the Inti Raymi restaurant. The food was very good and the service was more than attentive. The dining area was smaller than I expected but decorated nicely and gave you the feeling of having dinner at someones home. Someones very large home. We were given an appetizer as a welcome to this place which was like some kind of sushi type of thing. Thats the only way I could describe it. We asked what it was and from what I understood it was raw trout and some kind of cheese and some sauces.... I dont know. It wasnt too bad.

Directions: Across from the Incan Temple of the Sun about 4 bocks from the Plaza de Armas.

• ANNE930's Profile Photo

5 stars hotel?? Does it worth?

It does not look like a 5 stars hotel from the outside. But the interior does give you an very ancient feel, perfectly match with Cusco. I especially like the lobby which is very spacious. You will be served with free coca tea as well. But I don't like my room. Things were old and the lights was very dim. I felt gloomy once when I was inside the room. The bathroom is small and the facilities inside were not in good condition. While I was taking the shower, the cover of the fan suddenly fell off.

• The perfect resting place after the Trail

We stayed here for for a couple of days before heading off on the Trail. The levels of luxury, from the free Coca teabags in the room, to the fluffy gowns and slippers, let alone the opulence of the place led us to relax totally.

There is good wireless internet connectivity, so no need to feel remote, even this high up the Andes.

On our return from Machu Pichu we had the best baths we have ever experienced, followed by some very welcome beers in the pricey bar.

All in all, a great hotel in a great location.

Unique Quality: Building, sun dappled courtyards, room size and location

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Five star luxury - but is it worth it?

We stayed at this hotel twice during our time in Peru, both before and after our trip to the Sacred Valley. It has a good location, and is in a stunning building, an old Inca palace. It has five stars and it's quite easy to see why - but somehow we didn't particularly like it.

On our first visit we were in one of the modern rooms near the back of the hotel. It was a good size and had everything you'd expect but was rather bland and anonymous - no sense of being in such an historical spot. The room we had on our second visit was much better. It was on the first floor and in the old part of the building, so we did get a real sense of history. But on this occasion we were only there for one night and didn't have any time to appreciate it! So if you're coming here do try to get one of these older rooms, otherwise you might just as well stay somewhere cheaper.

Being five star too, the prices in the bar and restaurant are very high, although the coffee shop was more reasonable. The buffet breakfast however, which is included, is very good and will give you an occasion to eat in the restaurant with its old Inca walls.

Unique Quality: The Inca walls mentioned above can also be seen in the bar - but on the other hand you can see these walls all over Cusco without paying five star prices for them!

More about Libertador Palacio del Inka, Cusco

Classy hotel with excellent staff

This is a beautiful hotel, very high quality with top level professional service. We were upgraded to a suite with lovely views and wonderful marble bathrooms. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The cafe (which is more of a restaurant) had excellent food and the pisco sours here (and the bar) are brilliant, though be very careful with them as they're powerful. The bar is truly unique and the public areas are attractive. Wonderful gold jewellry in the boutique in the lobby. Highly recommended, and I'm very fussy so its not often I am impressed.

Amazing hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Kirkland_Wine_Lover

I just stayed 3 days at this lovely hotel. it has the feel of a 5 star hotel..except the rooms..

the actual rooms were clean and nice, but nothing spectacular.. but the rest of the amenities were excellent.

i had the best breakfast ever there. :)

highly recommended!

Great Hotel - Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member SarahMacski

A great hotel. The front desk were approachable and helpful, rooms were clean and functional (if not particularly spacious), restaurants were good value and good quality. Breakfast was large and varied. Excellent value Internet access in a dedicated 'library' environment.

One of our party was taken suddenly ill during our stay and the hotel really couldn't have done any more to assist us, rushing to meet us in the lobby when we returned to the hotel, calling a doctor immediately, sending a BellBoy out to collect our prescription. All discretely and efficiently done - just what you would wish from a 5* hotel.

Overall, the hotel is in a good location, just 5-20 minutes walk from most of what you would want to see in Cusco, with great architecture and in-house stores, good front door secruity and offers great service and facilities. Highly recommended.

Great base in Cusco

by TripAdvisor Member tripellen

This hotel is gorgeous and in a good location. Very high security, spectacular breakfasts, wonderful courtyards, very nice rooms. Ask for a room off the main street. Internet is available for an initial $8 charge; the business centre is excellent. Highly recommended.

The kind of experience you hope for

by TripAdvisor Member cousinM

Wow! What a great hotel! Cusco can be overwhelming and rattling with the noise, pollution, and thick swarms of tourists and vendors. The Libertador takes every measure to provide a haven for their guests. Lovely rooms, a nice restaurant, free internet use, and a polished, professional staff. Each time we passed any of the staff in the hall, elevator or reception area, we were cheerfully greeted. We had such a lovely stay, I would definitely recommend the hotel to the most discerning visitor.

Comments