Cusco Hotels

Our Members Say

• Orchid profile photo Orchid
  • Reviews: 276

Los Aticos: Homey Apartments

Los Aticos is only a short walk from the centre of Cuzco. It is down a lane from Calle Quera. The place is family run, and the staff are helpful and friendly. The language barrier not much of a problem.

We hired two of the apartments to house our group of 5. The price was very reasonable, and the rooms, although basic were well furnished, and plenty warm enough in the evenings. The communal kitchen was available should on have wanted to cook, though the plethora of great food on offer in Cuzco meant this was not really necessary. We did make extensive use of facilities for tea and coffee. Breakfast is 'prepare it yourself' from a decent spread.

The covered, tiled area provides a sitting area as an alternative to the kitchen.

Whewn we stayed, a computer was available for free internet access. These days they have wi-fi.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 28, 2013

Covered Courtyard

• Johntraveldata profile photo Johntraveldata

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Valley and Life Cottages in Cusco and Sacred Valle: Great Cozy Cottages in Sacred Valley

I had wonderful time in Cusco, staying in these splendid private cottages, in the Sacred Valley of the Incas.

Valley and Life manages this wonderful option, staying in these spacious cozy private own houses, not known yet by many travellers who wish to stay in such a wonderful place as the Valley is, without paying excesive price, receiving an A+ service, offered in more ways than expected, by the personalized service this couple provide.

The cottage I stayed had 2 rooms, living room with chimney, kitchen, 2 bathrooms. When I got there( they arrange my pickup from Cusco hotel) I could see the touch of service these guys want to give. There was a basket of fruits, Bottle of 2 lts. of water (you cannot drink any other water here) and a treat of a local candy made with excellent Peruvian bitter chocolate ( I am a chocolate lover!!!!) filled up with 'manjarblanco' made of milk and sugar, this is what it is called "teja" and all of these extra things were given as a courtesy!! . I just couldn't handle my admiration and expressed: !wow!....They answered: "!you our guest deserve this and much more!"...please let us know how can we be of service"....

After that I acknowledged that they made this treats themselves, to receive all their guests, as well as the organic marmelades and jams they prepared, and they took special attention to all the organic products (eggs, bread, hams) they select for each one of the breakfasts they provide in each cottage...

I saw 2 other cottages that were nearby as I asked them because I want to come back with my family next year... all of them have a fantastic location, private entrance, spacious gardens, private parking and vary in their size, for 2,4 ,6 or 8 travellers in Urubamba, surrounded by wonderful views of the Creeks that conform the Sacred Valley making my trip a wonderful memory to recall for ever.

I finished my wonderful stay here with yet another plus about their service, they bought me not only my train ticket to Macchu Picchu which I took right there in Urubamba station, 5 minutes from my cottage ( it was sold out in the internet) but they also arranged themselves to buy for me an entrance ticket for Machu Picchu something that was impossible those days while I was there (there was a new restriction at the entrance and many travellers stayed out without being able to enter to this site) This was a outstanding! I felt so at home, so safe... so great!....

I really want all the travellers know about these Valley and Life Cottages, all you save;

In time, (you earn 2 daylight hours,for everyday you stay in the valley instead of going or coming from Cusco everyday, you are minutes from mayor sites of interest)
In money: you save in useless transport is much cheaper here everything than coming from Cusco.
In health: you are 500mts less the altitude from Cusco,this avoids getting 'soroche' or high altitude sickness.
In service: all the natural organic stuff they supply to you, even organic quinua!!! as well as all the other service they provide to you such us tickets, entrances, guides, and private tours!!
And specialized service:
the warmth of their managers, their super service and the way they make you feel...as their only and unique passenger.... Thank you so much valley and life team!!!

I recommend this cottages for a splendid honey moon, for couples, families & friends!

Their personalized service, their wonderful wellcome: basket of fruits, the sugar treat at the pillow!... bottle of water, and wonderful andean organic breakfast.
Wonderful views (my back garden had a wonderful inka wall as part of the backyard!)
Unexpected coordiality and warmth

• Related to: Birdwatching, Hiking and Walking, Family Travel
  • Written August 10, 2011

view from cottage 2nd floor

• JessieLang profile photo JessieLang
  • Reviews: 650

Jose Antonio Cusco Hotel: Convenient & Comfortable

Very comfortable hotel, with elevators, cable TV, free wi-fi, and a good breakfast. The bathroom has tub and shower.

The hotel's location is good--just off Av. del Sol. The main square, Korikancha, and Plaza San Francisco are all within walking distance (or a 4 sole cab ride.) A large handicraft market is just across the street, and a small grocery market is next door.

One feature I really appreciated: The rooms had a 110 outlet so that I could charge batteries without a converter. (You still need the Type B plug with the round prongs.)

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Architecture, Arts and Culture, Historical Travel
  • Written December 16, 2010

Jose Antonio, Cusco

• rendesten profile photo rendesten
  • Reviews: 2

Hostal Magico: Cusco - where the magic begins

Staying in Cusco should be fun. Here in Hostal Magico you live in cozy rooms that surrounds an idyllic little garden with a rabbit. The owners of the hostal have alot of events during the week, both in the hostal and in their restaurant "aldea yanapay" Here you will meet people from all over the world, which is either just visiting Cusco or during volunteer work at their school for orphanages "aldea yanapay"
There´s a library, tv-room, free internet, cheap laundry service, kitchen and more.

You very easily become friends with the other guests and the people who work there. Alot of social events during the week (example: BBQ on sundays, eating together at their restaurant for a special prize etc)

• Related to: Backpacking, Work Abroad, Budget Travel
  • Written December 4, 2010

• xxsentiaxx profile photo xxsentiaxx
  • Reviews: 40

WalkOn Inn: WalkOn Inn

I found WalkOn Inn while searching the forums of Virtual Tourist. I booked a double room with a private bath through their website. They were very prompt in returning my e-mails. I arranged ahead of time with the hotel for a free shuttle to be waiting for us at the airport. When we arrived there was a taxi driver holding a sign with our names on it. When leaving the airport, the taxi driver had us pay the 2 soles to get out of the airport lot. The hotel is located about 10-15 minutes from the airport. When we arrived at the hotel, the taxi driver charged us 15 more soles for the trip. I was very confused but paid the driver thinking there must have been some misunderstanding about the free shuttle.
I addressed this issue with the hotel staff and they were very nice and apologetic, they reimbursed me for the taxi.
The hotel is located a very short walk from Plaza de Armas, however, it is uphill! This was very hard for my BF who was feeling very ill with altitude sickness.
The hotel is secure with a buzz lock to let you in, we felt very secure. Our room was big and clean and having our own private bathroom was priceless. There is a tv room upstairs where there is always free coca tea available. There is also free wifi and a computer available for internet access.
Breakfast is available for a small free but we never ate there so I don't have an opinion about it.
We left our luggage at the hotel during our Inca Trail trek and it was safe and untouched when we came back.
I highly recommend this hotel and think it is a GREAT value for the price. My only complaint is that when people smoke in the common area you can smell it in your room.

• Written June 1, 2010

WalkOn Inn

• VZ-Pam profile photo VZ-Pam
  • Reviews: 144

Gran Hostal Singapur: Decent 2 star hostel

It is a decent comfortable hostal 5 to 10 min walk from the main Plaza. Nice clean beds & bath tubs.
Hot showers but the hostel use gas in tanks , so when it ran out, you would have to wait for them to have the new gas tank delivered for hot water. When we stayed there, the hostel is still under renovation but it was still a comfortable place & therefore we stayed 4 nights there.

Cons : None of the hotel workers speaks english. Only a few english words so you have to prepare how to speak some spanish if you stay there.

The hostel comes with bath tub & is rather high, so I do not recommend people who have kids or elderly to use this hotel . But I guess that is why they advertized as 2 star hotel with the tube.

Wifi working in rooms and there is a pc & printer in the lobby

• Written February 19, 2010

• drumachn profile photo drumachn
  • Reviews: 9

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Do not recall: Peeping Holes', BEWARE!

Don't get me wrong, the stay in this Cusco hotel was very comfortable and snug. It was maybe a 5 minute walk to the plaza and they had great breakfast. Unbenounced to my girlfriend, 2 female friends and myself, a male traveler, there were little holes strategically drilled right under the door knobs and indented areas of the door. I was able to recognize the hole while sitting at the foot of the bed and realizing that light was entering under the door knob. Unfortunately, this was the last night we were staying. I brought it up to the manager at 3:00am, forcing him to get out of his cozy bed at home to explain this to me. The individual did not seem to care too much. He discounted our stay but not after 45 minutes of arguing. There were 5 other rooms that had holes in the doors. So, please pay attention to this minor, yet intrusive detail when travelling anywhere. Other than that, my experience in Cusco was memorable.

Peeping holes in doors.

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Historical Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written June 3, 2009

• Urzu profile photo Urzu
  • Reviews: 124

Hotel Midori: Nice Hotel very close to the Plaza de Armas

I found the Hotel Midori online, and I'm very glad I stayed there! The hotel has a very cozy atmosphere, and the people there were always extremely nice! It's in a quite central area, located in the Ataud street (I know, a street that's named "coffin" doesn't sound very appealing!), a bock and a half away from the Plaza de Armas, so it'll take you 2 minutes to get there (maybe a bit more on your first day!!). The rooms are quite spacious and clean, and inside the hotel there's a lovely patio where you can chill and have your mate de coca.
This was a great choice for a hotel, not nearly as expensive as other hotels around the area, and great service.

Though I didn't get to try it, there's a jacuzzi room that looks quite nice!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written July 28, 2008

• Tucko profile photo Tucko

Mosqoywasi (means The Dream House in Quechua): Cusco's nicest guesthouse

I would recommand Mosqoywasi to anyone who is looking for a quiet centric place in Cusco. At Mosqoywasi I felt like "en el campo" in the city, at 5 mns away from the main square. It is near almost everything, restaurants, nightlife, main siteseeing, ...

What I appreciated was the kitchenette in the room that allowed me not to depend too much on restaurants for my meals, and the beautiful terrace with a fantastic view over San Blas and Sacsayhuaman hill.

Katharine & Antoine are very friendly and helpful for any thing you might need. Hope you can sometimes enjoy their hospitality and their beautiful place.

Beautiful view from the rooms over Cusco.
There is a tree in the patio that is integrated to the building, it's kind of a treehouse.
Beautiful entrance.
Fantastic terrace

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Archeology
  • Written June 4, 2008

Calle Atoqsayk'uchi

• RudoElCojonudo profile photo RudoElCojonudo
  • Reviews: 321

IMPERIAL II: IMPERIAL II

It's located in Nueva Baja Street, 5 minutes walking from the Plaza de Armas.
The rooms are provided by private toilets, warm water (electric heater).
The rooms are clean and confortable, and the building is also cool.

It costs 20 soles per person and night. (5€; Year: 2007).

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written January 31, 2008
Tip Photo

Don't be afraid of earthquakes

• RudoElCojonudo profile photo RudoElCojonudo
  • Reviews: 321

HOSTAL TUMI AGUAS CALIENTES: HOSTAL TUMI AGUAS CALIENTES

I would recomend to book a hostal before you go to Aguas Calientes. There are hundreds of them in Aguas Calientes, the problem is that there are thousands of tourists there!!
The hostals are more expensive if they are close to the main square.
We stayed in Hostal Tumi. Attractive rooms with private baths and hot water, single, doubles, triple. Breakfast included. 24 hour atention.

Price: 20 soles per person and night. (5€; Year: 2007).

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Archeology, Backpacking
  • Written January 31, 2008

Aguas Calientes main street

• intiqori profile photo intiqori
  • Reviews: 23

La Casona Real: Great Location off Cusco's Central Plaza

La Casona is a small, tourist-class hotel located off Cusco’s main square. The interior of La Casona is painted in bright orange and yellow and the hotel lobby simulates a Spanish-style courtyard. The second floor, overlooking the “courtyard” below, is lined with green balustrades and columns. The rooms have comfortable beds and small televisions suspended from the ceiling supply local programming in addition to many U.S. cable channels. Bathrooms are on the small side with a small tub, and hot water is spotty and available in only some rooms. Breakfast is complementary and served in a seating area beside the lobby. The staff makes fresh-squeezed orange juice and serves delicious hot Peruvian flatbread purchased from one of the local bakeries. No elevator is available and the stairwells consist of broad red, slippery steps that can be quite hazardous on the descent. The hotel is located in a small alley just off of downtown Cusco’s main square and is conveniently within walking distance of the many cathedrals, shops, and museums surrounding the square.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written December 17, 2007

• IncaKola profile photo IncaKola
  • Reviews: 5

Hostal El Peregrino: Hotel footsteps from Plaza de Armas

Any time I'm in Cusco I stay at this hotel which is only a few metres from the Plaza de Armas and very close to the Kamikase & Cross Keys, two of my favourite nightspots in Cusco. Until 1997 I always stayed at Hostal Loreto in Pasaje Loreto but one of the staff members opened this hotel in 1998 and have been going to this place since then. Maruja, the owner of the hotel, is always happy to help you and so are her family members. Breakfast is included in the rate. Double rooms cost between 20 & 40 USD depending of your negociating skills.
The biggest advantage of the hotel is its very central location and the helpfull staff.

Rooms are carpeted and heated. TV with a bunch of channels. Breakfast is included.

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written November 25, 2007

• CharlesRom profile photo CharlesRom

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pakcha Real Hotel: Avoid this hotel!!!

Daniel, the owner, seemed to be a a pretty kind person....at the begining.. As soon as we arrived to Pakcha real, he told us the rate was $10 per room (average rate in similar hotels around the San Blas area). After 2 days staying there, we decided to pay in advance for the whole week and that's when the trouble started.. he said the $10 rate was per person per day!! and that he never said the price was per room... then he implied the four us were liying and started to rise his voice...as we were on holidays, we tried to avoid any more arguments and just payed his new rate... But wait... there's more!! After that argument we return to our room and I discovered one of my suveniers was unwrapped and broken. I complaint again to him and he said the cleaner is the only person with access to my room, that he didnt break anything and I must be inventing all of this because I was already upset!!!! Next day first time in the morning, we changed to a close by hotel (Jhuno Hotel) they charged around 10$ per night per double room, same class hotel as Pakcha real, closer to the main square, breakfast included and incredible kind and helpful service. With $25 per nite you can get a really good room in the main square...avoid Pakcha Real if you want to enjoy your holidays!!

No pool, not heating, not great views, small rooms.....

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Backpacking
  • Written March 27, 2007

• elpariente profile photo elpariente
  • Reviews: 1600

En la Plaza de Armas

Está en la Plaza de Armas y tiene unas habitaciones muy limpias , amplias y algunas tienen las paredes de originales muros incas
Pregunta por "Don Lucio" que es un "crack" , habla castellano con su acento quechua y es capaz de solucionarte cualquier problema que tengas.
Tanto él como todos los demás que colaboran con él son muy agradables
It is in the Plaza de Armas and it has clean , spacious rooms andsome of them with with original Inca walls
Ask for "Don Lucio", he is a "crack", speaks Spanish with Quechua accent and he can solve you any problem that you have
He and all the other colaborators are very helpful

• Written March 3, 2007