Pacha Hotel Museo

Avenida de la Cultura 220, Cusco, Peru
Pacha Hotel Museo
Orbitz.com CheapTickets.com Travelocity

More about Cusco

church above ruinschurch above ruins

Santo Domingo / QorikanchaSanto Domingo / Qorikancha

Notice the 3 levels of the fortressNotice the 3 levels of the fortress

A view looking up at the terracesA view looking up at the terraces

Where to stay in Cuzco- solo american girl traveler

by jessa81

American girl traveling solo in Cuzco the middle of May. I am looking for any reccomendations of where to stay in Cusco and Aguas Calientes. I will be traveling alone so am looking for a safe, inexpensive private room with it's own bathroom. I don't mind a hostel as long as I get my own room and bathroom. Also do I need to book ahead of time or should I wait until I get there to try to negotiate a good price?

by Kathia2007

Hi , I'm Kathia , well my recomendation is stay one night in Aguas Calientes to be able to go To Machu Picchu very early in the morning, it's better!!
And about booking a hotel in Aguas Calientes , the rates for the most of the hotels are since US$ 20 per night per person, and you can negociate a good price when you get there, but I suggest you to book a hostel in advance for Aguas Calientes, but for cusco, there are lot of hostel in Cusco, it's not necessary to book in advance.

You will enjoy Peru, I wish all the best in my country !!!
Let me know if you need more advices..!!

Kathia :-)

by nhoolb

In Cusco we stayed in Andariego and in AC in Presidente. Both safe and reasonable. Advice to book ahead of time. More info on my pages.

by Tom_In_Madison

bookmark,
...i'm going May 10-15...I hope.

by CarolineB

Hostal Sihuar in San Blas - casasihuar@hotmail.com, 0051 84 227435, ask for Sonia (the owner), or Marie Carmen if you want an English speaker. $10 a night, family home, private shower, clean and confortable. When I first went to Cusco I made this my home for 18 months as I was coming back and forth from Europe. Book ahead. San Blas is lovely. One of the oldest parts of Cusco. It has 24 hour security and is safer than other parts of the city and the hostel is only a 10 minute walk to the main plaza. In Aguas Calientes, the only decent place is Gringo Bill's - I don't have details but search for it on the Web.

by cacosta

In Cusco, I stayed at Los Ninos on Mapac (?) for $18 USD. I didn't have a private bath in my room but they do offer rooms with baths. It was a great place. I really adored it! See my Cusco accommodations tip.

by BartBiesen

Hi,
my girlfiend and I can highly recommend you Hostal Sweet Daybreak. It is situated at the Mirador de San Blas, a panaramic viewpoint. Our view from our room was incredible, the owners are from Europe and speak English, super atmosphere, backpackers, all services like cable TV and stuff. We loved it. We are on a around the world tour, and it was the best hostel we visited in more than six months. Nice place for couples, friends, and also people travelling alone to make some friends.
www.hostalsweetdaybreak.com can give you some more info I gues.

Ciao

Travel Tips for Cusco

parades & festivals

by willy_wonka

it seemed like every city we went to in peru, something was always going on. the day we arrived in cusco had the military and top government officials doing something in front of the cathedral! later on that day people in traditional costume and masks were dancing on the main square. the next day some girls were dancing in traditional costume in front of la merced. and then the day we were leaving some huge 'wheels' were being set up with fireworks. it seems cusquenas love to dance and party!

traditionally the huge 'proper' festivals/parades are usually held around easter, or there is the famous 'inti raimi' festival, it seems on any given day something could be going on. after having been in the colca canyon, where people 'parade' in traditional costume for you to take photos for money, here you see authentic costume and parades and you can take photos for free! yay!

i guess ask a local, or your hotel concierge for any up to date happenings.

Tour Operator - Peru Treks and Adventure

by hethbill

Hiking the Inca Trail can now only be done through a licensed tour operator, and if you don't know someone who's done the Inca Trail, picking a tour guide might as well be a crapshoot. My group of 14 friends and I chose - - Peru Treks and Adventure - - http://www.perutreks.com/ - and WE LOVED THEM. ... All through the planning process, they were incredibly helpful in answering my questions, and when we got to Cusco, they came to our hotel and gave us our briefing. For such a large group, we had 2 guides - Washington and Hubert, who were both fabulous. They both spoke English, and were funny, and understanding to our needs (ok, we were slow). At the ruins, along the way and at Machu Picchu they were informative and told us so much - we learned so much from them. The porters on our trip also need to be recognized. They were truly great as well - not only did they carry all our stuff, but they put up our tents, cook delicious meals, and even gave us warm water to wash our hands in! .... I would highly recommend Peru Treks and Adventure if you are thinking about doing the Inca Trail. Not sure if this is the right category for my recommendation, but Peru Treks provided great equipment. It rained on us 2 nights, and our tents were nice and dry. The tents, however are great if you're less than 6 feet tall though. If you're taller, you may hit the sides, or else sleep diagonally.

Take a Horseback Ride in the Sacred Valley

by AKtravelers

Our horseback ride from Urubamba up past the salt terraces to Maras and Moray was the best adventure of our entire visit to Peru, For a mere $US60 a person, Rancho Casa Hospedaje supplied a non-English-speaking guide (Juan Carlos) to take for a nine-hour ride along the Urubamba River, then up a canyon into the high country, wher a whole new world awaits. It was a world of beautiful fields, snow-capped mountains, flocks of sheep and hard-working farmers (who lack machinery). We only intersected the road for our journey through the town of Maras -- otherwise we were on the same foot/burro paths that the locals use for transiting between towns. We got to see every day Andean life go by.
We saw no other tourists during the entire ride, but we saw plenty of people. Most of them waved. Amazingly, one of the people we saw wa Juan Carlos' uncle, who was walking somewhere with his aunt and a baby.
Despite the fact that Juan Carlos spoke no English, we communicated well enough in Spanish to learn a few things from him. He also taught us the word "cuidado" for "be careful", which is important when a pricker bush is heading rapidly toward your face.

Train to Macchu Picchu

by Papacusco9

Please make certain that you have your train tickets to Macchu Picchu You should plan on purchasing the tickets well in advance of your planned trip to Macchu Picchu I have attached copies of the latest train schedule and costs depending on type of train

Travel agencies generally try to make tourists take the Vistadome train The backpacker is fine for most travelers the Local train is not available to foreigners It is only for Peruvians

I have attached three photos of the train schedule and costs Please use them to make your choices

Its a wonderful trip Try and spend at least one night at Aguas Calientes

Italian incanto

by Urzu about Incanto

This Italian restaurant is right next to the plaza de Armas, so if you're around the area and don't know what to eat, want to go for something safe, this would be the best option. Actually I wasn't looking forward to going to an Italian restaurant in Cusco, since I love Peruvian food, but I must say this place is delicious! They have many different choices of pasta, pizzas, and so on. The service was ok in general, though we did have to wait long for some of the dishes.

Comments