Pirwa Long Stays

Pirwa Hostel Backpackers Familiar, San Blas
Booking.com HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Cusco

sacrificial clubs - so amazing!sacrificial clubs - so amazing!

MAP – Museo de Arte PrecolombianoMAP – Museo de Arte Precolombiano

Frog, puma?? What do you think?Frog, puma?? What do you think?

Cusco at nightCusco at night

Rainy Season

by kenmerk

I have a chance to go to Cusco at the end of this year. (around late Dec..) Anyone been there around that time ? I'm told its rainy season then, wondering if its worth visiting at that time, or the waiting till dry sesaon....

by nhoolb

Been there in January 2004. In Machu Picchu the rain started second half of the afternoon. In Cusco it could be the same. But perfectly doable.
You may want to check my transportation pages for warning about flights Cusco-Lima due to the weather.

by kenmerk

Thanks for the info... Guess I'll think about this before I decide.... (just wouldnt want to get half way up to Machu Piccu and get rained out... ;o))

by graykirk

I hiked the Inca Trail to Macchu Pichu in late Oct/early Nov of 2006. it rained pretty steadily for about half the time on the trail. Not ideal conditions, but in no way ruined the experience. Definitely go if you have the opportunity!

Travel Tips for Cusco

Inquisition

by SirRichard

Spain left another legacy in Peru, that related with religion and the infamous Inquisition Court. There is a little museum about that by the Cathedral, but it was closed when I was there, under restauration.
But you could see this significant stone coat of arms in the facade...

Inca Trail (good experience)

by aylin090

the bad comments are unhelpful and the low prices is help.
I had the best expierence in my travel to Peru in specially Cusco, and the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu with this company. I recomend you All Trek company that give you confidence,I particulary recomend you to contac with this tour operator “www.alltrekcusco.com”. This company is very responsible and its services are really good. I made a reservation for the Inca trail trek, I choose this company for your chiper prices I and my friends we had some problems with the spaces and the fear to send money. Now I warmly recommend this company because I am satisfied with the services , also are some other as good operators as All Trek although their prices are excessive.
Aylin (korea)

Impossible horse back ride

by Srechko

Totally unplanned, we ended up riding horses one day in Cusco. Two local guys approached our group one day and offered us a horse back ride through Cusco mountains. The ride took around 3 hours and they also gave us an overview of Inka history - and all that for CAN$5!!! We passed thorugh some village, forrest, by the river. At moments I felt like this is the day when I die...

Bus Cusco to La Paz Boliva

by HELPINGINCUSCO

Hello dear adventure girl i am from Cusco and i live in Cusco , there are a lot of bus companies you can chose the best one and the hour to go La PAZ IF YOU like , i can help you imail me to mecaniloco@hotmail.com bye .
Ròmulo .

San Pedro Market: Fruit Juices

by darthmilmo about San Pedro Market: Fruit Juices

Let tell you about the juices in the San Pedro market, you walk in through tons of salesman stalls and then enter the market. The 30 or 40 ladies selling fruit juices immediately awe you. I made friends with one of them who for 2 soles made me a pure fruit and vegetable juice jar made of pineapple, papaya, orange, apple, banana, carrot, a local type of cantelope (which doesn't look like the one we have back home), and tons more. It is just amazing! Anyway, I spent about two weeks on and off Cusco doing side trips and treks so you bet I had one of this every day I had a chance :P. Note: there are cheaper drinks sold by other ladies in the market, but this one lady just made me come back every day. She had interesting annectodetes on the region.

Comments