Sonesta Posada del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Sonesta Posada del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay

relaxing atmosphere

by coolswizzle about sonesta posada del inca yucay

i got the room on the second floor with two verandas. i couldn`t believe my luck at first ( it was a bigger room than i`m used to when travelling) with a king sized bed and terra cotta floors. there`s cable tv but all the channels are in spanish. but you`re on vacation.....why bother watching tv when you can watch the sun rise and set over the andes?

loveliest garden in the andes

by coolswizzle about sonesta posada del inca yucay

the hotel is situated in the sacred valley where the urubamba flows. it used to be an old farm they call hacienda that they converted to a hotel. the rooms are big with king sized bed and your very own veranda. they serve local ingredients for their continental menu. for breakfast the chef will cook your egg the way you like it, the biggest meal of the day will be the andean lunch - you can try andean trout and a bite of alpaca and for dinner you can order from their menu... I tried the andean lamb and it was very tasty. the waiter was even so nice to build a fire in their chimney while I was there because it gets kinda chilly up in the mountains at night. flower garden with chapel...very colorful courtyard

Lima 1 day what to do?

by Boleslav

Hello- We will have a day in Lima before our flight home.
Many of you have suggested to stay at Miraflores or San Isidro. What hotel/hostel do you recommend?
What would you recommend to do/see in Lima with one day? Thank you.

by nhoolb

I always stay in Hotel Del Pilar but prices have gone up quite a bit (last time I stayed there 4 weeks ago). Another good option is the Sonesta Posada del Inca Miraflores or the Best Western Miraflores. (around USD 70-90 per room per night).

For a nice tour(s) go to the booth of the Municipaidad de Miraflores, in Parque Kennedy, next to the church. They have nice bus-tours.

You may want to have a look at my pages although I have to update them since my last stay in Lima in January.

by johnmperry

I stayed in Friends hostel in Miraflores, walkable to the sea. Lima seemed to live in perpetual fog, similar to San Francisco I suppose. There is the gold museum.

by easterntrekker

I would recommend taking a city tour, that's waht we did and it was most enjoyable , we went to the museum . the market and say many of the different city districts. Milaflores is a good choice , and there are many restaurants there as well.

by Trencita

We were in Lima for a day at the beginning of a two week trip. We hired a guide (Taxilimaperu.com)for the day, and saw so much of the city. Our guide was Renato - spoke great English and had a wicked sense of humor.

On the way home, we had a couple more days in Lima, and to treat ourselves after trekking through the highlands, we stayed at the Radisson Decapolis in Miraflores. It was perfect ... a bit of luxury. Rooftop swimming pool, the freshest sushi delivered to our cabana-style lounging beds, very comfortable beds, etc. etc.

Miraflores is a great place to wander about - there are lots of parks and shops, as well as some great restaurants. Have fun!

by Boleslav

Thank you very much for the ideas and replies.

What cost should I be looking at if we'd take either the tour or hire a guide like Trencita did?

by Trencita

We paid $90 with tip for an eight hour day car tour of Lima and lots of other districts (Miraflores, Barranco, beaches, and more). We also had lunch at a really great place - paid for ours and the guides, but that was our choice. There are shorter tours available for less.

by crzn

Another strong recommendation for Renato at Taxilimaperu.com . On our last day in Peru he picked us up at our hotel at 10 am. My wife and I spent the entire day with him (Perfect day, great restaurant and a packed-full day and evening of wonderful sightseeing) ending with him dropping us at the airport for our late flight home. It could not have been better. John & Robin

by Boleslav

thank you all for the ideas.

Comments