Teatro Inka B & B

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Cozy Hostel

From the outside this little hostel doesnt look like much but once inside its actualy pretty cozy and comfortable. Its nothing fancy and if I was looking for my own place to stay I might have even passed this place up. There are many other places that are much closer to the Plaza and near the "main areas". My friend Briggitte booked this place for us and I trusted her to get us a good deal and descent place to stay. We were on a budget so this place made sense. It is a family run hotel off a street from a smaller plaza. The staff was very nice and sweet and I felt they took good care of us. The breakfast in the morning is included and it was not bad. We had eggs, fruit, different variety of fresh baked breads, cold cuts and cheeses and different variety of frsh juices. Coffee and teas were oalso available.
    The dining area is small but cozy and serves only breakfast from 6-9am. Internet, hot showers, and camera service is also available.
    This place wasnt great but it was fine for us. I didnt regret staying here but there were a few things that would have made our stay alot better. For example: the hostal is right next to a convent school and it can get pretty loud in the mornings. There was loud announcements over a PA system, music, kids playing outside. This was also this way on the weekends. On the bright side, we had to get up very early every morning so we were up by the time the noise started. If I had a chance to sleep in on any night I was there and couldnt, then I might have been unhappy. A solution to this would be to request to be on the opposite side of the hotel, so the side not next to the school.

Unique Quality: Another issue was coming back to our hotel at night. Adriana walked around alot and really never took a taxi. I few nights we stayed up pretty late and getting back to the hostal was alittle scarey. When we got to the hostal the main door was locked and a big wooden door was closed to secure the main door. Both locked. There is a camera so they can see who is outside and open the door for you but the first night we were outside for a good 5 minutes knocking on the door until someone opened it for us. That only happened one time. The rest of the nights they door close both doors but were quick to open them when we arrived. Also, after that first day we did notice alot of security and police in that area so we felt better. I dont know what happened that first night, the whole street was deserrted.
    There is also another hostel across the street and over alittle bit so we are still in the touristy part just not as close.
    Since we came to Cusco right after the summer or their busy ot high season and right before their rainy season there wasnt too many people at the hostel. As a matter of fact the first two nights Adriana and I were the only people there. The other nights its was much more busy. I do have to say that they took very good care of us and made sure we were comfortable.
    Like I said before this place is cute, clean and cozy. You have what you need but there is no luxury here.
    Would I ever stay here again??? Sure.

Directions: A few blocks away from the Plaza De Armas

More about Cusco

chinchero's churchchinchero's church

Plaza de ArmasPlaza de Armas

Huchuyqosqo, where we campedHuchuyqosqo, where we camped

SalinasSalinas

Cusco-La Paz- best way to get there in one day?

by Kindra

Hi guys,

My South American adventure starts December 20 and I am trying to pack in Peru and Bolivia before settling in Ecuador for five months. I need to get from Cusco to La Paz, Bolivia on December 27- any time in that day is fine for departure and arrival- but I am looking for a way to get there that is inexpensive but also fairly reliable (barring the unpredictable nature of road blockages in Bolivia which I am aware of). Flights seem really expensive so can anyone recommend and give me an approximate time for (a) bus or (b) bus/train? Scenery on the train would be lovely even though I realize its quite expensive still (but still less than flying). Tips???? Thanks guys

by StephanB

This is a frequent day trip for tourist. There are busses leaving all the time. Some folks like to do an overnight, others prefer to leave early and make it that same night. I'm not sure on the exact hours, but it took us about 9 hours from Copacabana (Lake Titicaca) to Cuzco.

by risse73

To break up the monotony of riding buses, the train ride may be a GREAT option on your way from Cusco to Puno. Please check my Puno "transportation" tip re: this topic & how to obtain the cheaper $19 train ticket as opposed to the $143. The latter option (and more expensive option) is typically endorsed by the train company's website and other guidebooks. From Puno, there are various transportation options you can take en route to Bolivia. You can take either bus on your onward journey to La Paz OR go through the picturesque Lago Titicaca via boats/hydrofoil passing through several islands and Copacobana, and traveling by bus thereafter on your journey to La Paz.

Goodluck & enjoy beautiful Peru!

by HELPINGINCUSCO

Hello dear adventure girl i am from Cusco and i live in Cusco , there are a lot of bus companies you can chose the best one and the hour to go La PAZ IF YOU like , i can help you imail me to mecaniloco@hotmail.com bye .
Ròmulo .

by clmetal

I met someone who told me he hired a cab to take him to the border - said it was very fast and not that expensive (cabs in Peru are fairly cheap). You could ask a hotel for car service information and ask them to quote you

Tell us what you do in any case please, I am going from Peru to Bolivia in August and since its cheap to fly between Lima and Cuzco, I might be making the trip from Cuzco myself

Travel Tips for Cusco

Main Square ....something to beware

by VZ-Pam

Please be aware, if you ever try to sit at the Plaza, there will be tons of kids selling things , shoe shiners & tours sales person coming for you constantly.

It is always good to talk to local with this opportunity, but at times the local sales people can be forming a line there for you.

If you are not interested in buying anything, may be it is a good idea not to waste their time by saying NO

But if you enjoy the process, there will be tons of locals talking to you constantly while you do people watching ....it is kind of fun though

Balcones / Balconies

by elpariente

La plaza es porticada en su planta inferior lo que permite utilizarla incluso en los días de lluvias .En el primer piso hay balcones de madera trabajada y hoy en día en muchos de ellos hay restaurantes muy agradables
The square has portics in the lower level , so you may walk even in the rainy days´
In the first floor there are carved wooden balconies and now a day many of them there are very nice restaurants

Lares Hot Springs

by centerofgravity

You can take a bus to Lares from Calca, and if you are really daring you can hike to Lares from Calca. Either way, Lares is a very small town and at the edge of the town there are some quiet hot springs and a little hotel. When I was there they were building a fancy hotel at the hot springs which might be finished by now, but either way, there is a small hotel just before the hot springs with warm meals, and friendly hosts. They were out of beds when I got there, so they put up a tent, and dragged a mattress into it for me. It was so cozy. You can also camp in the hot springs for a fee. The hot springs are open all night, so you can eat dinner and then go back to relax some more.

One of these numerous bars and discos -Mama Africa

by chancay about Mama Africa

Always big party!! FUN FUN!

Mama Africa is one of the most famous discos in Cusco. Most of peruvian tourists visit this place too. You meet here tourists from all over the world an as well peruvian ones

Sangria and Chicken

by MrRandMcnally about Inka . . . Fe Cafe

This little coffe shop is decorated with local artwork and is a very plesent place to grab a snack or a meal. Some of the food is not great, the hamburger for example so be careful but the stuffed chicken is amazing and they make 3 great sangrias as well, I recomend the house sangria, a white wine sangria with strawbery, apple and other fruits. Very adictive

Comments