Teatro Inka B & B

malianrob's Profile Photo

Cozy Hostel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 10, 2007

From the outside this little hostel doesnt look like much but once inside its actualy pretty cozy and comfortable. Its nothing fancy and if I was looking for my own place to stay I might have even passed this place up. There are many other places that are much closer to the Plaza and near the "main areas". My friend Briggitte booked this place for us and I trusted her to get us a good deal and descent place to stay. We were on a budget so this place made sense. It is a family run hotel off a street from a smaller plaza. The staff was very nice and sweet and I felt they took good care of us. The breakfast in the morning is included and it was not bad. We had eggs, fruit, different variety of fresh baked breads, cold cuts and cheeses and different variety of frsh juices. Coffee and teas were oalso available.
The dining area is small but cozy and serves only breakfast from 6-9am. Internet, hot showers, and camera service is also available.
This place wasnt great but it was fine for us. I didnt regret staying here but there were a few things that would have made our stay alot better. For example: the hostal is right next to a convent school and it can get pretty loud in the mornings. There was loud announcements over a PA system, music, kids playing outside. This was also this way on the weekends. On the bright side, we had to get up very early every morning so we were up by the time the noise started. If I had a chance to sleep in on any night I was there and couldnt, then I might have been unhappy. A solution to this would be to request to be on the opposite side of the hotel, so the side not next to the school.

Unique Quality: Another issue was coming back to our hotel at night. Adriana walked around alot and really never took a taxi. I few nights we stayed up pretty late and getting back to the hostal was alittle scarey. When we got to the hostal the main door was locked and a big wooden door was closed to secure the main door. Both locked. There is a camera so they can see who is outside and open the door for you but the first night we were outside for a good 5 minutes knocking on the door until someone opened it for us. That only happened one time. The rest of the nights they door close both doors but were quick to open them when we arrived. Also, after that first day we did notice alot of security and police in that area so we felt better. I dont know what happened that first night, the whole street was deserrted.
There is also another hostel across the street and over alittle bit so we are still in the touristy part just not as close.
Since we came to Cusco right after the summer or their busy ot high season and right before their rainy season there wasnt too many people at the hostel. As a matter of fact the first two nights Adriana and I were the only people there. The other nights its was much more busy. I do have to say that they took very good care of us and made sure we were comfortable.
Like I said before this place is cute, clean and cozy. You have what you need but there is no luxury here.
Would I ever stay here again??? Sure.

Directions: A few blocks away from the Plaza De Armas

• Room Service
  • Airport Transportation
  • Free High Speed Internet

Cusco Travel Forum

Need advice about Cusco, Peru? Visit the Travel Forum for Cusco and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cusco hotel reviews

Inka Class Fashion Show
It Was High Fashion
5 Days Manu Tour with Expediciones Vilca
Things to Do
Good buffet and good show
Restaurants
A great place for tasty souvenirs
Shopping
Driving through the Sacred Valley
Alpacas browsing at the Palacio de Justicia
An ancient Inca road in Cusco
Things to Do
Girls and women walking around with alpacas
Two Inca sites near Cusco
Don't miss the lovely San Blas area
Mercado central de San Pedro
Walking around Plaza de Armas
Things to Do
Great Peruvian food with good vegeterian options
Restaurants
Cosy cafe at the heart of Cusco