Machu Picchu Inn

Booking.com Otel.com Expedia.com

More about Machu Picchu Inn

Not the best choice in Aguas Calientes

by cruisingbug about La Cabaña Hostel

We stayed one night at La Cabaña Hostel, located in Aguas Calientes-Machupicchu where you get off the train, on the recommendation of a member of IgoUgo. Cost was $30 a night.

The staff spoke decent English, but were nowhere near as friendly as this other person experienced. The hostel is up a steep hill, squished in between stores and restaurants on the busy pedestrian road. No scenic views to speak of.

Breakfast was included, but only consisted of bread, instant coffee/tea and juice. We were first given a room with a balcony overlooking the street (#18). The room was clean and decent enough, although we had to ask for toilet paper and there was no soap. But the street was noisy so we moved to #14, in the middle of the hall but with a window to the interior staircase. This room had several flaws: the curtains had to be closed with a safety pin, the bedlamp on the left was permanently turned off, as the headboard was fastened against it, and the bathroom door could not open all the way due to lack of space. Also, the toilet mechanism was broken and we had to keep the tank open to pull on the chain (we were too tired to ask for it to be fixed). Also we requested a fan that never appeared - and would have cost $5 extra.

Although it did have hot showers, there was no hot water faucet at the sink. Somehow, the place made my nightshirt smell for two days afterward, sort of a musty dirt smell.

There are plenty of other places to stay at Aguas Calientes, most of which are not listed online or in the guidebooks. But it's probably best to pay a little more - in this case, we paid about the same as at Los Niños in Cusco but got a lot less.

There was another hotel on the same pedestrian road where a group from Wisconsin was staying - looked nice, had good security - Hotel Machu Picchu Inn, I believe was the name. It's the long, yellow building on the left side of the ped steps as you go up the hill. If there were a next time, we'd probably try there, even though rates look to be about $100 a night.

Peru

by hembeelicious

"Itinerary for Peru"

Day 1: Depart USA. Your exciting expedition to Peru & Ecuador begins this evening as you depart on your overnight flight.

Day 2: Arrive Lima (Peru). Early morning arrival in Lima, Peru’s diverse capital. You’ll be escorted to your deluxe hotel. This afternoon enjoy a tour of both colonial and modern Lima, founded in 1535 and later dominated by the Inca nation. See the historical center and the San Francisco Church as well as Plaza de Armas and the Government Palace. Later, see the fashionable districts of San Isidro and Miraflores with their beautiful parks and elegant residences facing the ocean. Tonight, your tour director hosts a welcome dinner. Sonesta El Olivar Hotel (D)

Day 3: Lima/Cuzco. A short morning flight to Cuzco, the fabled capital of the Inca Empire, perched at 11,000 feet above sea level. On a guided afternoon tour visit the main Inca and Colonial monuments. See the Plaza de Armas, center of the Inca Empire and the impressive 16th century cathedral, built on the ruins of the Inca Palace. In the old town view magnificently restored colonial buildings. Your hotel is superbly located in the heart of the old town. Novotel Hotel. (B)

Day 4: Cuzco is a vibrant town, dotted with archaeological sites. Venture this morning to the outskirts of Cuzco to visit the amazing ruins of Sacsayhuaman, an Inca architectural masterpiece. From this fortress enjoy fabulous views of the city below. Afternoon at leisure. Tonight savor dinner complete with a colorful folklore show. (B,D)

Day 5: Cuzco/Machu Picchu. Embark on a two-day expedition to Machu Picchu. Ride aboard the VistaDome train through the lush Urubamba Valley passing through stunning scenery. Arrive at “The Lost City Of the Incas” rediscovered in 1911. The beauty of its location and the genius construction make Machu Picchu the jewel of all Inca settlements. An expert leads you through the ruins to absorb the mystery and beauty of this amazing site. While most visitors leave Machu Picchu in the afternoon you’ll stay in the area overnight. Machu Picchu Inn. (B,D)

Day 6: Machu Picchu/Cuzco. Return to Machu Picchu to explore the mystical ruins further. To this day nobody can explain how the Incas managed to transport the huge blocks of limestone for the city’s construction onto the mountain top. Visit quaint Aguas Caliente before your afternoon train ride back to Cuzco. Novotel Hotel. (B)

Day 7: Pisac & Sacred Valley Excursion. Today, embark on a full day excursion to the Sacred Valley of the Incas with its amazing landscapes of fertile land, mystical ruins and indigenous villages. Visit the colourful Indian market in Pisac where many beautiful crafts are traded. After lunch at a charming country restaurant continue to Ollantaytambo and visit the splendid ruins of this massive ancient fortress. The village below is a fine example of the Incas incredible urban planning skills. Return to Cuzco late this afternoon. (B,L)

tour package?

Hello Everyone
I really need help, I am planning on visiting peru
April 30 -may 10.
Unfortunately airfare is costing more then we want to pay so we opted for a package deal. I hate the fact that we have no control over the hotel and tours so I am a little nervous.
Has anyone used Analie tours or Marnella tours?
anyone familier with these hotels?
Machu Picchu inn
El Puma
Mariel Hotel
Dorado International
Sorry for the silly questions but I always like to get info from people that have been there and know.
That is why I love this site.
Thanks

Re: tour package?

by hermaniti

hi there, I WENT IN A TOUR to Cusco with a great experience there, nice city tour, visiting all diferent ruins, train trip to Macchu Picchu included, hotel with 3 stars and breakfast included, hot water, T.V....Buffet breakfast, taxi services included, healthty Dr. medical
services if necessary also.Get in touch by telephone to Elio Lertora,en Lima PERÙ.......5114419200 ...He can help you with that information .
enjoy your trip, get in touch to me ....hermaniti@yahoo.com so i can help you talking with you by msm messanger. see you soon
thank you your friend hermaniti.

Re: Travelling around Peru

by artform

I really appreciate the advice on the hotels.
I feel bad because I don't have the pictures from my last trip Thailand/Cambodia posted. Here I go on my next trip. I promise to put more stuff up later. Thanks for checking out my site.
Do you have advice on how to get minimize the altitude problem?
Thanks so much.

Re: Re: tour package?

Thanks Herman
I really appreciate the help on a a tour.
We hope to have a good time.
Take care
Tiffany

Re: tour package?

by suenye

I am going to Peru with Analie Tours on April 8 and will be reurning on April 18. I have been doing alot of reading and talked to a few people. I have traveled a bit and have been to South America (Chile, Uruguay, Agentina). I amk looking forward to this trip, but I admit, I have never used this tour company before, or talked with anyone who has used them. I can give you more info when I return.

Re: Re: tour package?

hello Suenye
I would love to hear about your trip.
please let me know how the weather turned out.
I am planning on paying the last of my balance due.
the price sounds very cheap. I am worried that we will need to pay for lots of excursions.
Please have a great time.
How will you combat the altitude sickness?
Did you get the yellow fever shot?
take care I am so happy for you.
enjoy!!