Nazca Hotels

Our Members Say

• Orchid profile photo Orchid
  • Reviews: 297

Hotel Alegria: Good as it gets

Hotel Alegria was perfectly fine for an overnight stay. We had a triple room, which was spacious, though a little bare and musty (ventilation not so good). The water from the shower was hot, though distributed more as a jet than a spray!

Beds were comfortable, and the included breakfast was OK (though you will pay extra for omelets).
Actually, the central courtyard area, where the white painted arches of the buildings surround the pool, and where breakfast is served, is the nicest part of the hotel.

It is pretty convenient to, visible from the bus station.

The cost has approximately doubled since we visited in 2008 (was $45, now $90).

• Related to: Road Trip
  • Written June 2, 2013

Pool View

• williamfriess profile photo williamfriess

Best hotel in NASCA: Casa Hacienda Nasca Oasis

This Hotel is by far one of the most enjoyable stays we've had in a long time! The Casa hacienda Nasca oasis hotel is a fantastic hotel! We stayed here for 4 days during september this year and would do anything to stay there again. great value for money. Great size pool, close distance from anything. The staffs were absolutely wonderful on reception, the owners I believe her names were Cecilia and Rosa Elias which were always around helping everywhere they could. They were all brilliant and made our stay extra special! x Thanks guys

• Related to: Historical Travel, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written September 14, 2010

• hyeyoung1107 profile photo hyeyoung1107

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Alegria Tours: Don't book a flight for Nazca Lines with them

My husband and I are traveling in Nazca, Peru and we went with the Lonely Planet recommendation for a flight company called Alegria Tours. The service we received from them was downright apalling. We had reserved a flight with them the day before we were to fly. The day of the flight, 10 minutes after they were to pick us up and go to the airport, we received a call from them saying that we had been bumped and our flight was cancelled. We went to the office to find out why and the receptionist ignored us and put me on the phone with the owner who told us there was a group in the morning who couldn´t fly so they bumped your time in the afternoon. I asked him why we hadn´t been told this could happen when we booked our time. He asked to talk to the receptionist who repeated to him that she hadn´t called us and she continued to ignore us thereafter. The other owner was in the office and I told him that the only thing we were upset about was lack of communication. He told me bluntly that that was our problem. . .I have never been told that by a business owner ever!
I went back to the hotel we were staying at called the Walk On Inn (which is also recommended by the Lonely Planet) and told the receptionist what had happened. She told me that their hostel had used to work with Alegria Tours and that they had to stop working with them because they used to pull this sort of thing all the time. Apparently they work with big tour companies like Intrepid Travel (one of the companies they work with) with clients who pay more and have more priority thus bumping flights with customers who pay less. That´s no so much the problem as the communication.
They showed absolutely no signs of being sorry or apologizing for doing this. I would never fly with them or give any business to their hotel either as a result (Hotel Alegria).

• Written July 20, 2010

• chrisbeechwood profile photo chrisbeechwood

Camiluz: Great hotel, great owner

Camiluz is a very nice hostel with a great owner - Ferdinand. He knows everyone in town and can help with your arrangements for flying over the Nazca lines. They have a modest breakfast, laundry services and a garden area. Very nice rooms. For a single room I paid $20. Ferdinand will ever transport you in his own car in a crunch. He drove me to the bus station. You can even use skype from the computer there. Very pleasant place that I highly recommend. Don't forget to ask about the planetarium at the Nazca line hotel. That is an interesting experience.

• Related to: Archeology, Historical Travel, Desert
  • Written May 20, 2010

• VZ-Pam profile photo VZ-Pam
  • Reviews: 144

Hostal Posada Guadalupe: Hostel near to Cruz de Sur station by LP

It is recommended by Lonely Planet as one of the choices in budget hostel. We met the hostel owner at the bus stop of Cruz del Sur and it was like 3 min walk from the bus station. Very near to the city center, about 7 mins walk.

Electric shower heads but at least has "very warm" water for showers. Luckily the weather in Naszca is warm but finding problems with hot showers is a frequent problem for me in Peru.

Hotel workers are helpful and they will sell you packages for tours. I joined the Nazca lines flight tours through them & it is good. Just insist to negotiate for the "lower price flight" but you can upgrade if you want :P

• Written February 19, 2010

• staindesign profile photo staindesign
  • Reviews: 250

Hostel Guang zhou: A chinese hostel

This is probably the best hostel i've ever stayed at! A bathroom in the room, with hot water! Thats pretty exciting in Peru, especially in the winter months! Also there is free internet connection avaliable. Over all the place is awesome for the price, 40 soles, which about $13.50 USD for a two person room. Wow $6.70 per person! Can't beat that!

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 10, 2009

• Zanzibargirl profile photo Zanzibargirl
  • Reviews: 354

Hotel Mason Suisse grounds: Campgrounds within Hotel close to Nazca

The Hotel Maisson Suisse is located right across the road from from Nazca airport, so is extremely convenient. The hotel not only offers rooms, but there is also an area for camping within the grounds with basic toilet facilities.

The hotel has a restaurant, bar, conference centre, is convenient to the airport and able to organise your flights over Nazca with ease.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Adventure Travel, Camping
  • Written April 9, 2008

The Campgrouns at Maisson Suisse

• lkrs905 profile photo lkrs905
  • Reviews: 2

Hotel Oro Viejo: Nice hotel for a good price

My wife and I booked a hotel at Hotel Oro Viejo for one night and we loved it. The hotel was gated and very clean inside. There was a swimming pool and a very helpful staff. For $35 dollars a night we thought it was a great deal. :)

• Written October 31, 2007

• graz-ie profile photo graz-ie
  • Reviews: 101

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Alegría: my resting place and shower after a long trip

I guess, I had three night busses behind me and always full days in the cities and then I arrived in Nazca. I just wanted to take a shower, see those famous lines and keep going... and my guide book said that there is a hotel close to the bus station which has some rooms just for taking a shower and a short nap. so just for what I needed.
I could also arrange my trip to the lines right next door - even though that didn´t work too good - but that doesn´t matter anymore - I saw them :)
and after that I took the next bus and went to Arequipa - the next stop on my trip through Peru...

I could wash my laundry in a few hours - or better have it washed
they had a pool - I think
books - to exchange my old one

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written June 17, 2007
Tip Photo

• degraaf profile photo degraaf
  • Reviews: 2

The Hacienda Cantayo: Best accomodation in Nacza

While in Peru recently I was offered the opportunity of spending a weekend away from Lima down south in the Hacienda Cantayo. Owing to the famous and mysterious Geogylphic Lines located on the plains outside the town, Nazca has grown to be rather popular with tourists and hotels have been sprouting up around the area ever since I started working in Peru. Of all the hotels in the area however, the Hacienda Cantayo is easily the finest. Besides being exceptionally comfortable, it has a number of subtle charms that give it a distinctive and noteworthy character.

Surrounded by the ubiquity of the Nazca plains, the Hacienda’s lackluster surrounding only adds to its charm. Now, I wouldn’t go so far as to claim the hotel is perfect because it’s not. Like most places it does have its flaws. Where the Cantayo however excels is in its seemingly inane ability to put all its guests at complete ease. I don’t know whether this is due in some part to its old world charisma, lavish comforts, or because of its oasis-like setting; but upon walking through the Hacienda’s heavy hardwood gates a sense of tranquility melts you over.

Whatever the reasons it became immediately apparent to me that the hotel was a little more special than I’d been told. Arriving at dusk I ambled through the outer corridors as I was shown to my room. I don’t know if this is just me – but a hotel room without a television is something I’ve come to greatly admire. Traveling half way around the world to sit and watch your favorite television shows just seems crass and unimaginative to me. There is no room for that kind of behavior at the Cantayo; the rooms, while very comfortable, are sparsely decorated and functional. The idea I imagine is that – unless bathing, relaxing, or romanticizing – the Hacienda’s rooms essentially cater for sleeping purposes. All other activities can be done elsewhere.

Following a look around my room I ventured out briefly onto the grounds. I couldn’t see very much of the gardens as the sun had already set by this time. It seemed peaceful enough though and as I walked out further passing over a few fences I could quite literally feel my stress levels decreasing – that was until I tripped over an ostrich. It was quite possibly the last thing I’d been expecting to find in Peru, let alone trip over.

Being close to the Nazca Lines, tours run straight from the hotel directly to the airport – where passengers board a light aircraft for their flight over the lines. I’ve flown over the lines enough times in the past to know them fairly well. They still however hold a lot of attraction and I never get bored seeing them again. Following the flight I returned to lodge and spent the rest of the day lounging by the hotel’s phenomenal swimming pool. I believe this swimming pool has actually featured on the cover of guidebooks. However, it’s not the sprawling pool waters as much as the giant ficus tree that towers above it that serves as the main attraction. I spent the better part of an afternoon lounging about beneath this amazing tree while enjoying both the clear blue water and the hotel’s excellent pool side service.

The Hacienda Cantayo really is the perfect getaway for anyone traveling to Nazca. A world within a world, the Cantayo serves as a sanctuary and provides the type of comfort and service you’d expect from a hotel in a 19th century novel. I was sad to leave on a Sunday after breakfast and as I made my way back to Lima it began to dawn on me how the Cantayo could just be one of the best hotel finds in the country. I think I may be heading back there soon and strongly encourage anyone traveling to Nazca to consider staying in this fine establishment.

Best of luck

Bart

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Historical Travel, Seniors
  • Written March 27, 2007

Hacienda Cantayo Entrance

• baanasta profile photo baanasta
  • Reviews: 42

Hotel Nido del Condor: Right next to the Airport

This is a pretty quaint hotel that has rooms seperated in different houses throughout the grounds. The rooms themselves are nothing special, but there is hot water and good water pressure, the breakfast is decent, and the staff was friendly. The hotel was located right next to the airport where the flights take off to see the lines. Its about a 5 minute ride to the Plaza de Armas and costs 3 soles. I would prefer to stay in place of closer to the main street in the city since there tends to be more noise there and of course the constant noise of cabs honking their horns. The hotel also had a large lawn where it seemed that campers were welcomed to camp there.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written November 13, 2006

• onebadcat profile photo onebadcat
  • Reviews: 121

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Friend's House: Warning...Theft in Nasca Peru Hostal!

A friendly warning to all of you who may be headed for Nasca. We had our camera and a bit of cash stolen from our locked room (I'll let you make the assumptions) at

Friend's House, Calle Juan Matta, No. 712

I would either avoid staying there all together or watch your stuff carefully at all times. We were told that unfortunately there are a couple of low-budget places that are getting a name for shady ways in Nazca. One of the favorite scams is removing travellers checks from the middle of your packet so you don't notice till after you have left town. Our guy only took a bit of money and that camera. Don't know if he thought I wouldn't notice? He could have had us for a lot more. Apparently the lock on your door and a friendly feeling environment doesn't mean a lot? Hey, lesson learned!

They steal from you - pretty unique eh?

• Related to: Desert, National/State Park, Budget Travel
  • Written June 11, 2006

• MissHazelnut profile photo MissHazelnut
  • Reviews: 6

Hacienda Ocucaje Vinyard: Hacienda Ocucaje stay on way to Nazca

We highly recommend this hotel over staying in town of Ica. We were pleasantly surprised by their excellent service and first-rate criollo (Peruvian) food. Included in nights lodging are all meals, most activities, tour of bodega (wine/pisco cellar). Centuries-old trees line a peaceful pool and rooms are located in colonial style clusters throughout gardens. Rooms are simple but clean (not true for some other hostels in this general area) Ask to take a look at several before you check in as some are newer than others. Service is very gracious and while pretty much everyone speaks only spanish, they go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. We liked whale skull fossils located on the hotel's grounds and a huge 40inch clam shell on display. Birds of all kinds were singing during the day (the area outside the vinyard is purely desert). The view of the arenales (sand dune mountains) is beautifull overlooking the vinyards out back.

We enjoyed the candle-lit dinner Sat. night in the wine cellar (complete with bats) served by "monks" (property was originally run by monks). Acustic Afro-peruvian music is played live and dinner is prepared with produce grown on the grounds. A complementary glass of Ocucaje wine is included with meal.

• Related to: Wine Tasting, Food and Dining, Desert
  • Written May 15, 2006

• morgr profile photo morgr
  • Reviews: 258

Friends (or Friendly?) Hostal: Cheap and Quiet

This was a small place. It was quiet and had a lounge of sorts on the roof to relax. They were also able to organize flights to see the lines and tours to the cemetary for very cheap.

I shouldn't admit to this, but there was also a little weener dog that lived here and came and visited us on the roof. We put out a little (clean) ashtray for him full of beer, wich he finished in no time. We gave him two or three more until he eventually passed out on Jonas's lap. Twas quite amusing.

Bed in dorm was 8 soles.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written June 5, 2005

• uchi2000 profile photo uchi2000
  • Reviews: 4

Airport - Hotel La Maison Suisse: Hotels in Nazca

If booking on -line it will be a good idea to check out for airport hotels, all of them offer the bed+flight option, then the only thing u have to do is wake up, cross the street and jump in your plane...!

(there´s nothing interesting in the town anyways)

• Related to: Seniors, Arts and Culture, Archeology