Intihotel Chiclayo

More about Chiclayo

TucumeTucume

About Chiclayo Peru

by gonplaces

I am an American soldier currently serving in Iraq.Since I have been here I have established a relationship online with a beautiful women from Chiclayo,Peru.The relationship is ready for the next step and I will be going home soon.She wants me to go and visit her and meet her family.
My question is.In your opinion do you think it is safe for me to believe that the person I have been talking to is actually who they say they are?Is it true that these women in peru are actually as tierd as they say they are of the men in Peru,or am I being set up for a major disapointment?Is it dangerous for me to go to this city alone.

by Ivan_Jimenez

My suggestion is you trust your instincts and go with the flow.
Why not?

Confuses me having an american soldier stationed in Iraq asking if Chiclayo, a small town in Peru is a dangeous place. I hope you have not lost your bearings in that war.

Last week seven spanish intelligence officers were killed in Iraq... you may remember this...

They would have gone to Chiclayo without hesitation.

by Ivan_Jimenez

I thought about replying exactly that... but then I did not want to add bad karma to the situation.. so I did not..
But totally agree.. I would not leave a weapon of any kind in this guys hands.
Dammmmmit.. I would not leat this guy handle a pen in case he would drop the ink all over my desk.

by irisbe

poor guy `-) such a replies
but I would think a bit in the same line:
if you survived Bagdad... why won't you survive a village in Peru?
and I guess you should bear in mind, as for most online relationships, you can only find out when actually meeting.
but ... am I right if I feel like you sound you go with already having some prejudices?
Maybe you are not afraid of violence but rather of finding out a truth you would not want to know?

by Amazonka

I think if you want to find the truth you'll have to go there... many people tend to be someone else while chatting on the net from what you actually meet in person... I think you have nothing to lose... if it works out well - good for you, if not - it's just another life experience... next time you'll be more careful

Good luck in Peru

by Ivan_Jimenez

He will end up not going.
I bet you the seat of my bike he will find the perfect excuse.. something along the lines of cross/cultural differences between him being an american and the rest of the world...
Something along this lines would be a good excuse.

so Yvan...
if we should all be positive and say he should go
will he be disappointed in this forum `-)

by irisbe

I iiiiiiiiiiiiii !oeps sorry for misspelling your name!

by Ivan_Jimenez

Yvan sounds nice to me...
I may actually change it..

by irisbe

but...I just got used writing Ivan!

ok, I will leave this peripherical topic as it is...
our soldier is still waiting for some replies on his question and I don't want to disappoint him with a dozen of red arrows and not one satisfying answer.

by donato1899

A trip to Peru to meet a girl can't be too bad.
Is she going to be as pretty as you think? who knows?
Girls in Latin American countries do get fed up with the macho image guys there have to portray, either to please their friends or because they feel that is the way they should act.
Small villages in Peru are not dangerous, you will be a celeberity when you arrive and the worse thing you will meet will be people thinking you are a rich American and will help them financially.
Don't pay attention to the American hating replies above.
God bless you.
from, a former marine

by Ivan_Jimenez

I dont hate america but I despise idiocy and mediocrety...

by irisbe

yes pls, don't turn it into a They hate us, they love us forum...
you will prevent the original poster to find any advice.
this forum might be deleted before he can get online again and the poor guy would not know why!

by besbel

It seems to me that your doubt goes more on the reliability of this Chiclayo's woman instead of the safety of Chiclayo. For the former, I cannot tell because it's only you the one that can reply that question. It's impossible to generalize Peruvian women in one pattern, is very diverse. As for the city, and as a Peruvian myself, I can assure you that Chiclayo is a safe little town, with friendly people, so don't worry about it.
However, keep in mind that Peruvians in little villages are more formal than those of the cities, so if you are going to meet your girlfriend's family, they may consider it as a sign that you want something serious with the girl (like engagement/marriage in short term). So, if that's not your intention, please think twice and be tactful, you may hurt people without intention.
Despite this fact, I agree that if you go there you will only get benefits. Not only will you have the opportunity to visit a beautiful country :), but you also meet someone you met online. If that person is worth it, you will gain a true friend/girlfriend/wife and you are going to congratulate yourself for the decision. And if she is not, you are also going to congratulate yourself because you finally know that she was not what you expected, and could move on with your life.
it's up to you.
Regards,
Flor de Maria

by MJB123

OK Jason, let me first pay you the respect you rightfully deserve for leaving behind the comforts of home and the greatness of the USA to fight in a hot and in-hospitable country in turmoil. When all of us back in the states are sipping espressos at Starbucks and watching the Simpsons on TV you are helping to rid the world and the Iraqii people of Saddam's murderous tyranny and bring stability to that region--and the world. I salute you and hope you make it home safe and sound!
Okay, now the girl situation in Peru. By all means go and follow your heart. If it is broken because things do not work out with her, I am sure that the country of Peru itself can mend it back up. The perfect cure would be to drown your sorrows in a couple pisco sours at some bar in Cusco and take a trip out to Machu Pichu.
The picture you see of me was taken in Peru and, although I look crabby, I had the best time of my life there. I love Peru and think that it will be the perfect vacation for you after this bitter war in Iraq even if things don't work out romantically for you. Good luck and Godspeed!

by MJB123

By the way Ivan Jiminez really is a great guy once you get to know him . I would rather have the criticism of Ivan than the flattery of an idiot. All right, enough trying to be peacemaker.

by El_Sueco

Jason
You are young enough to make a mistake and start over again. The question I think is not what "these women in Peru" say or not, the question is if she and you can show respect for each others personalities and cultures and also if you both are willing to accept and learn about the other.
Of course you can´t be sure if she is what she says she is, and neither can she. The only way is to get to learn each other. She wants you to come and see her and her family, take the chance! If it goes wrong, the only thing that has happened is that you have learnt something, not a bad thing! (If it goes wrong, don´t make it to a "major disapointment"!)
Maybe marrying a woman from another culture will not make it easier, but if you accept that fact, it can be enrichening. It all depends on your personalities and wills to make it to a good thing.
I think it basically is good to "mix up the genes a bit", and would not have hesitated to go to Chiclayo.

Re: I'll go to Chiclayo

by El_Sueco

Amazonas
Just an impertinent question: How do we know who you are? How do we know we kan trust you? We don´t even know your name, nor your beautiful appearance. To us you are just an unwritten page.
But anyway, nice of you!

I am chiclayana ...

by Alyra30

hi
I'm from chiclayo, that's is my city.. It's small and beautifull... I can say that I know everybody there and everybody knows me, but there are places that are dangerous as everywhere, but look at me... I know chiclayo after me and never happened me something.....
If you met a girl from there, we are sweet and really kind.. We love the gays who are not macho and interesting.. I dont know who is your girl , but maby we are not same.. You have to try, i can not say anything about the girls ,but about my city i 'm pretty sure , you going to find it : nice,warm and friendly.. and very few people speak english there ... Are you started learning some words in spanish mi amigo?
Good luck and don't be afraid soldier!!!
alyson

by gigi29

Hi, I am from Peru.

I recommend you to check out this other forum for more questions and answers. It is dedicated to Latin American Women. www.planet-love.com. Go to the latin forum. I think this forum will help you a lot.

English is not my first language, but I understood you were referring to the woman you met online and the dissapointment you will have if all is a set up or she is not for real, not to the town.

Good luck!

by monesta

Well i think you should came and see if she is the right girl.. Peru is not dangerous don't worry!..i but you need to know her and realise if you are interesed in her..
Good Luke

by Jaime57

Hi. I live in Peru and I can share with you my experience, although you will probably think me cynical.

First of all, true love does exist and this may be the girl for you.

That said, I will tell you that it is (almost) every Peruvian girl's dream to find her "gringo". Actually the women compete on this subject. I am sure you will find her very nice and agreeable, and she will do nothing to offend you. Quite the opposite, she will be fascinated by you. She will probably invite you to her home. If you decide to marry her, within the year her relatives will be living with you in your house in the U.S., and you will either be supporting them or looking for work. Whatever you do, good luck. And, like someone else said, trust your instincts.

by george123

i have just heard from a female there and the first thing she did was ask me to send money .... i would be sceptical .... george

Travel Tips for Chiclayo

Chiclayo Bears and Moche

by cuencakaren

"5 Essential Things to Know About The Moche"

1. They were there before the Incas
The Moche culture thrived between 100-800AD on the north coast of Peru, between the sea and the Andes mountains. The Incas were strong from around 800AD and started off in the mountains and farther south.

2. The Moche made really good pots
Most of what we know about the Moche comes from their pottery. They made amazing pots adorned with fruit and vegetables, animals, magical creatures, hideous gods, pictures of ritual battles and sacrifices. The Larco Museum in Lima even has a whole section devoted to erotic pots – the majority from the ascendancy of the Moche.

3. The Moche were a bloodthirsty lot
Moche warriors held ritual battles to decide who would be given as sacrificial victims to the gods. Special ceremonial cutthroats were used to cut victim’s necks and then the blood offered in special cups. You can see the knifes on show at the Sipan Museum. Those intended for sacrifice were known to be held for weeks before death to allow maximum blood letting. When crops failed because fo bad weather, archeologists think they used children as sacrifices.

4. The Moche packed their tombs with all sorts of stuff
Moche tombs in northern Peru have been found containing incredible hoards of skillfully crafted gold and silverware, tapestries, pots, shells, hairless dogs, llamas and food items. Servants, guards with feet cut off, family members and even mistresses were buried alongside important members of society. The tomb was then encased in a huge pyramid (or Huaca). All these accompaniments were meant to ease the transition of the dead into the afterlife. The biggest hoarde was found in the Tomb of the 'Lord of Sipan', at Huaca Rajada, outside the village of Sipam. Many of the items found are on display in the Museum of the Tombs in Lambayeque.

5. Its very easy to visit what the Moche have left us.
As well as Chiclayo, there is the Huacas de La Luna and Sol, and the Huaca de la Bruja outside Trujilo. In Lima dont't miss the excellent Museums of The Nation, Larco and the Central Bank.

For more on the Moche
The Moche And How They Live On In Modern Peru

"Chaparri Reserve"

This is a fabulous reserve located around 2 hours outside of Chiclayo. You can take a day trip or stay in the comfortable and friendly lodge in the reserve. All the guides and staff here are passionate about what they do here preseving the local wildlife and nature. It is a totally peaceful place, fantastic for bird watching or just relaxing. Wildlife includes peccaries, condors, deer and foxes but the big draw are the Spectacled Bears. Chaparri is probably the best place in the Andes to see these cute bears in their natural habitat.
For my full story about the reserve and meeting the bears see
Meeting The Spectacled Bear

"Hotel Ayapalleck Muchik"

I admit, the name is terrible and hotel doesn't look like much.
Basically it is a very Peru style business hotel with not much character from the outside.
The service from the young staff here, though, is second to none. I was travelling with a two year old so had plenty of perhaps unusual requests eg for milk, for internet in the middle of the night (when he was asleep), for times of buses etc. Every request was met with prompt and friendly service. I don't normally write comments on hotels but I totally recommend this hotel to anyone for hands down the best service in Peru.
Rooms around 50-60 soles for a double. Tel: 074 234191. San Jose 1084, Chiclayo.

Chiclayo is a very commercial city

by interventor

"A short time in Chiclayo"

First, u have to know that Chiclayo is know as "City of friendship". I dont know why, i couldnt make friends. But my trip was beautiful.
Hi! I went to Chiclayo on "Civa" bus. We arrived on afternoon to terminal of that company. Then, we went to hostel 10 minutes nearby downtown. It was secure. We walked by main park and streets around.
Chiclayo has many stores of shoes. It is a very commercial city, i think that more than Trujillo.
The first day, we chose to take a tour. We visited the Museum of the Royal Tombs of Sipán. I dont like so much these tours but she enjoyed a lot. Inside the museum, wherever u see, u see gold.

The second day, we went to a market and buy a typical hat of the region (u can see in picture), then, we walked by Paseo de las Musas, a very beautiful place. Later, we decided to visit the famous beaches of Trujillo and see the wharf of Pimentel. In a restaurant, we ate ceviche and chicha de jora, i like a lot chicha de jora (a typical drink of Peru).
At night, we had to go of that city. It was a short time, i would like go one more time.

Chiclayo - a great place to visit

by Flyinggrandma

"My first visit to the north of Peru"

Although this was my third visit to Peru it was the first time I had travelled north. Everyone thinks Machu Pichu is the place to visit, and it is wonderful, but there are places in the north that are just as interesting. Chiclayo is a large city and it offers something for everyone. If you like the beach Pumalin is only a taxi ride away and it has a fantastic beach where you can see the local fishermen using reed boats called caballitos which have been used for hundreds of years. The fisherman kneel on top and rides over the waves, throws his net and brings in an assortment of fish to sell on the beach. The sea is very shallow for a long way out and the waves are not as fierce as they are further south. Fish restaurants abound by the beach and the fish couldn't be fresher. If you are European or have a pale skin expect to be stopped and asked where you are from and why you are there. The locals are very friendly but the area doesn't get many foreign visitors and they are genuinely interested in talking to foreigners. I spent quite a lot of time on the beach with my blonde granddaughter and we were constantly approached and asked about ourselves and what we thought of Peru. The hotels and restaurants are cheaper than in more touristy areas and the food in general is very good. There are plenty of hotels for all budgets and although not many people speak English it is possible to get by with sign language and a phrase book.

"Museums and archaeological sites"

There are some great museums in the area - Sican at Ferrenafe and Sipan at Lambayeque which I have described separately and another small one at Tucume. It is possible to get a combi to Tucume from the local bus station. It is about a 40 minute ride from Chiclayo. From there we took a couple of moto taxis to get to the museum. Itis small but it gives lots of information about the area and the archaeological digs that are still going on there. We walked out into the desert to look at the adobe pyramids, of which there are 26, and climbed 200 steps to a mirador. It is necessary to carry water with you as although it isn't far the heat is fierce and you soon get dehydrated.

Mr. Sipan's Town

by hartti

"Sipan Museum"

The visit to Sipan Museum is nice experience, but the problem is the strict rule for having camera with. They simply take away all the cameras and phones, too! So, I do not have very bright memories about it. Pity to come so far for almost nothing!!!

CHICLAYO LA CIUDAD DE LA AMISTAD

by hgolac

"CHICLAYO -LAMBAYEQUE"

Chiclayo, situated at 270 meters (891 feet) above sea level and known for its textiles and pottery, was home to ancient pre-Hispanic cultures that erected important temples like the Túcume Pyramids and the archeological monuments of Batán Grande and Huaca Rajada, which are of worldwide importance.

"THE LORD OF SIPÁN"

The most prominent tombs, those of the Lord of Sipán and his forbear, known as the Old Lord, were excavated in the Huaca Rajada archeological complex. The most beautiful pottery and gold artifacts buried with the Lord of Sipán are on display at the Royal Tombs of Sipán Museum.

Comments