Av Benavides 300 esq Colon, (formerly Holiday Inn), Lima, Peru

Booking.com CrownePlaza.com Travelocity

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• AVOID !

My two day business travel stay was terrible to say the least. First of all, the hotel is noisy as it is located at a busy intersection. They actually put ear plugs on the bed for you to use. You will need them. I was on the 11th floor and it was still noisy all the time. You will also need the eye cover (also conveniently provided) since the curtains in the room do not properly block out light at night. Dinner in the restaurant was poor for the supposedly fine hotel this is suppose to be. I had a penne pasta alfredo with ham. My 10 year daughter could prepare better pasta than what they served me. Needless to say, I was the only person at the restaurant that evening. Even the pisco sour was fair at best. The bath room had a horrid makeover where they actually placed an acoustic tile ceiling. Given that the bathtub was slightly elevated off the floor, whenever I would get into the shower my head was about 4 inches from the ceiling. I am not a tall person (~5'6"). It was ridiculous because the shower head was low on the wall. I basically had to crouch to get below the shower head. Stupid designer/construction. I cannot imagine a taller person managing this arrangement. The finishings were poor quality, dated and more reminiscent of a cheap motel. The real disaster was when I got up one morning to prepare my coffee and the bottle of water was adulterated with what smelled like isopropanol. I had to move the coffee machine into the bathroom because the cord was short and would not reach the plug behind the table it was set on (stupid people). Anyway, the whole contraption could have caused a flash fire. I immediately smelled the alcohol and disconnected the coffee machine. I thought someone had placed the alcohol in the water tank of the machine but it was in the bottle! It had been tampered with. Imagine if I had taken a drink of that without thinking. I called service and they expressed surprise. I was running late that morning so I left them with the mess. When I returned in the early evening, they had not even replaced the alcohol infused machine. Avoid at all costs. Personnel were indifferent and unfriendly.

• Boca24's Profile Photo

Good Location Hotel

As an American I wasn't sure what to expect of a Holiday inn in Peru. I always think of Holiday inns as the place families stay at when they are driving to Disney World; so I we hesitant about staying here. I was very happy with the hotel. Located near the beach and Kennedy Park as well as areas for shopping.

Comments