Doubletree El Pardo Hotel Lima

El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Doubletree El Pardo Hotel Lima

Peru, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and more...

by celsomollo

"Lima"

I enjoyed my time in Lima, we were waiting to leave for Cusco and we stayed at the Doubletree El Pardo em Miraflores.
I loved the location, it is safe and walking distance from shoppings and restaurants.
We went on a city tour, and visited plaza de Armas, the post office and some nice churches amongst other attractions.
The food in Lima is great and you will probable sip on the "pisco souer" a traditional drink in peru.

"Sacred Valley"

Cusco, Ollantaytambo, Pisac are some of the most amazing places one can visit in Peru and and I am sure you will love those places.
downtown Cusco, Salinas, Sacsayhuaman, and the outdoor market can be some of the places you may want to visit in those cities.

"Machu Picchu"

One of the new seven wonders of the world; Machu Picchu is all that you expect of it and more, from the mountains to the clouds in the sky everything about the place spells greatness.
Visit it more then once, go early in the morning and visit in the afternoon too as the light change at sunset and take a moment to learn the history about the Incas.

Plaza de ArmasPlaza de Armas

The beach in LimaThe beach in Lima

Street near Plaza MayorStreet near Plaza Mayor

Square from the sideSquare from the side

need an e-mail address for hotel.

by delajorg

does anyone have a e-mail address for the Doubletree hotel in Lima, Peru.
I don't want to have to call long distance to arrange an airport transfer.

Re: need an e-mail address for hotel.

by leics

If you mean the Doubletree El Pardo by Hilton Hotel (?) you can fax them on:

51-1-444-2171

Re: need an e-mail address for hotel.

by globetrott

try this one:

Casa Andina Private Collection - Miraflores

by bkpr

Does anyone have info on the new Casa Andina Private Collection in Miraflores? Is it recommended? Good location? Good service?

I'm trying to decide between Casa Andina Private Collection - Miraflores or Doubletree El Pardo. Casa Andina is less expensive. So, if they're equal quality, I'd like to choose Casa Andina.

Thanks for your feedback!!

by ROCKARIA

Miraflores is one of the best location in Lima...Shops,restaurants,Hotels,bars and nice for a walk in the strand near the sea.

by nhoolb

Again, as I mentioned before in an earlier posting by you to which you never answered (politeness?), I prefer the Del Pilar which is more economical and also a 4 stars place to be.

by bkpr

I apologize for not responding to your previous suggestion of Del Pilar Hotel. Actually, I checked them out and they are booked for the dates that I need. I'll be in Lima the second week in May. There's a big convention in town and lots of hotels are booked. I'm very limited to the choices available to me. So, of the hotels that are available, I'm trying to choose the best option - Casa Andina Private Collection Miraflores or Doubletree El Pardo.

I appreciate feedback on these hotels.
Thanks!

by bkpr

I appreciate feedback on these hotels.
Thanks!

by nhoolb

OK. Understood. Good luck and happy travels.

Bus to Tacna or should we fly?

Hola

We will be in Lima from 2 - 5 April and wish to travel to Tacna on the way to Arica.

Purchasing locally appears to be the cheapest and it appears that a return flight to Tacna purchased in Lima might be as cheap as $160 USD.

A luxury bus appears to be approximately $70 return locally.

What is the best way to travel? If by bus, which is the best bus line?

Any suggestions about luggage security on a bus?

Gracias, Amigos

by pinilus

Hey.. i recommend by Bus (Cruz del Sur) They have their own webpage.If u need help in Lima i live very close to Airport and can help you.Enjoy your time.Best Regards.

Rodolfo

Hi Rodolpho

MAny thanks for your suggestion about Cruz del Sur. We have seen their local and international web pages and they look very good. The local web prices seem to be much cheaper as well.

Do you have a recommendation about booking a taxi to the hotel? I will be staying at the Doubletree in Miraflores at the start but cannot find an email address to contact them regarding pickup which I understand is the best idea.

regards

by besbel

Have you tried to email to pardohot@doubletreeelpardo.com.pe?
Doubletree El Pardo is renewing its webpage, that's why most of their internet info is not available. You can try to call them to (511) 6171000, too.
Cruz del Sur is the best and safest choice to go by bus. Please note that it will take about 18 hours to go from Lima to Tacna, so you can arrange your times during your stay.
Enjoy your trip!
Flor de Maria

by tjohnsonptown

We took Cruz del Sur round trip from Lima to Ica. The bus station was very close to where we were staying in Miraflores. One other thing that hasn't been mentioned--we didn't know about the difference between the first floor and upper deck. We were on the upper deck going and on the lower on our return. The lower floor was like first class--very roomy and great seats and it was only a little more money.

Enjoy.

Tom

Hello Flor de Maria

Many thanks for the email address - it is different that the others that I have been given I hope it works.

Your information was very helpful

regards

Hi Tom

Great help - all the answers that I wanted.

Many thanks

Looking forward to 18 restful hours on the lower floor.

Travel Tips for Lima

Food Shopping Store

by hartti about Metro

There you may buy everything for food. And drink. And they offer all drink tastings free! (In my country that is impossible.) Generally, the service is much beyond the service in Finnish department store!!!

It was that time!!! Now (Dec. 2007) the shop has been sold to a Chilean owner, and it is expected that the habits are changing. But there are still real Peruvian shops, as Plaza Vea. Fruits, vegetables, sea animals.

Natural Gas Cars

by grandmaR

We noticed that some of the cars had a different kind of gas tank in the back - not gasoline, but natural gas.

Gas stations sell several grades of regular petroleum gas, kerosene, diesel and sometimes the LPG also (photo 3)

We had a truck for awhile that could run on either LPG or gasoline. The pollution was less, but it was hard to find a place to fill up.

Cafe Eden

by torosperu about Cafe Eden

This is the place where the bullfighters come in the evening to chat and drink coffe, you may see some of them signing contracts for the next bullfight or just hear the taurine conversation. The coffe and the Papas Rellenas.

See the pre-Columbian Art at Museo de la Nacion

by AKtravelers

Before venturing into the Andes to see Cusco, Mach Picchu and the Sacred Valley, a visit to the Museo de la Nacion will help put everything in context. Before I came to Peru, I was only vaguely aware that the Incas were the LAST of several sophisticated civilizations who were incredibly good artists and engineers. The art they left behind is not just a cultural curiosity, but is truly beautiful in its own right.
Of course, most people are aware of the erotic art, and the Museo de la Nacion has a few examples of the type. It also has mumified Inca heads and examples of pottery from several civilizations. Unfortunately, it also has several exhibits that are replicas and not original, which is disappointing after visiting such places as the Louvre, Museii Vaticani or Taipei's National Palace Museum.

Comments