Ernesto Diez Canseco 341 , Miraflores, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

See Amenities
Orchid's Profile Photo

Welcoming Sanctuary

by written on March 28, 2013

The El Patio is a very acceptable place to stay in Lima. A free pickup form the airport was great, after 20 hours of travelling. We stayed in the spacious Suite 1, accommodating 3 of us comfortably.

We slept well on comfortable beds, and found the decorative touches in the room very pleasant.

Breakfast (which was fresh and tasty), was served on the 2nd floor terrace, overlooking the bright flower bedecked courtyard. Great squeezed juices.

No major issues

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 28, 2012

I stayed here a few days last week in 2 different rooms. Both were fine. Nothing overly fancy but both were reasonable clean although maybe a quick lick of paint would help in room 4. Breakfast was OK as well without being anything fancy but fine to fill up on to start the day.

Staff all spoke English and were helpful. They also arranged airport transfers at 50 soles one way. That is more than airport cabbies charge of 45 but you know you are getting a reputable driver.

There is a budgie in a cage on the patio that tweets away like crazy at dawn. This would be better moved to inside the hotel office. Better still, set it free maybe?

Directions: Approx 100 metres from Parque Kennedy in Miraflores. There is a post office next door and a travel agent a little further along the street.

tjohnsonptown's Profile Photo

Great hotel in Miraflores

by written on March 30, 2008

I booked this hotel online based upon info. from my Lonely Planet book. El Patio had a cab waiting for me upon arrival at the airport which was great. El Patio has a wonderful and friendly staff who will take care of you during your stay. It is a beautiful property and very safe.

Directions: Miraflores

Eish's Profile Photo

Flower-filled balconies

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 17, 2007

We stayed here twice. My first impression was one of flowers cascading over the balcony. There is a small aviary in the courtyard, and the birds were wonderful to wake up to. Our room was on the lower level, of average size, but smelt very musty or quite damp. Otherwise the bedding was clean and the facilities comfortable. We had a double bed in one room, and a fold-out sleeper couch in another for 4 of us. Our room had an en suite bathroom. The breakfast was very basic, but fine, and is served in a little breakfast room upstairs. The service was friendly. The place was within walking distance of the Cathedral - a good location. Directly opposite was a tasty restaurant, Las Tejas. The taxi driver that fetched us from the airport was arranged by the Hostal, and he was wonderful and reliable. We used him for all our transport requirements in Lima.

Friendly and cheap in Miraflores

by written on April 3, 2007

I haven't stayed at the hotel as I stay with my son but when he first arrived in Lima he stayed there for a few weeks. It is reasonably priced, in a very good position for all the attractions of Miraflores and the staff speak English. Miraflores is great place to spend some time if you are in Lima. There are numerous bars, retaurants of all types, shops and artisan markets in the various plazas.

Unique Quality: It is in a very good position within walking distance of all the attractions of Miraflores and not too far from the sea. Also within walking distance is the best cinema in Peru at Larcomar.

jglsongs's Profile Photo

by written on August 7, 2005

A budget hotel in a not-so budget neighborhood. In a secure setting, the rooms are nice and quiet inside a courtyard.

Unique Quality: Friendly and extremely helpful staff.

Directions: in Miraflores, 1 block south of Schell

JohnMJ's Profile Photo

Perfect Location

by written on November 20, 2004

This place is a gem. Right in Mirasflores, about two blocks from Kennedy Park and all the shops and restaurants. Very safe area. The Hostal is gated and secure. Staff friendly and most helpful, they helped my son and I get bus tickets to Pisco, and also arranged for airport pickup for me. Beautiful tiled floors, flowers and furnishings. I would never think about staying anywhere else than Hostal El Patio.

Unique Quality: Rooms are very nice with full bath. Doubles are $35, on our return we stayed in a suite which had living area and kitchen plus large bedroom, dressing area, and full bath for $55. Continental breakfast included and served on the terrace. This is a lovely place

wavesport's Profile Photo

A bed and breakfast type hostal. . .

by written on October 16, 2004

El Patio is a small hostal in Miraflores with a very nice staff. The desk staff speaks English. It's located in a safe neighborhood. Their website claims they're located a "5 minute walk from the ocean." I'd say "5 minutes" if you're running. Nevertheless, it's located a few blocks from Kennedy Parque, Pizza Alley, an artesania market, a supermarket, McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Pizza Hut, etc. There's a drop-off laundry located next door to El Patio.

El Patio has several different types of rooms: singles, doubles, single mini-suites, double mini-suites, and full suites. The cheapest rooms are the singles which are US$25 (check their website for the current room rates). If you make a reservation, inquire about a cash (US$ only) discount. They will reduce the daily rate by US$5 if you pay in cash. I stayed one-week and they offered to discount the rate by another 10% if I paid in advance. You do need to ask for the discount when you make your reservation.

For the price, the amenities, and the location, the Hostal El Patio can't be beat.

Unique Quality: The hostal has three floors counting the ground floor. There is no elevator so if you can't climb stairs, ask for a ground floor room.

The hostal offers free breakfast in the morning which consist of coffee, tea, orange juice, and bread rolls. Breakfast is served on the second floor.

The rooms have free filtered water, a telephone, and cable TV. I've stayed in the mini-suite which has a small refridgerator, a hot plate, flatware, pans, and dishware. This is a good option if you don't want to eat out at a restaurant.

The only thing that I would suggest bringing is a book light if you like to read in bed. The bed lamp isn't bright enough for reading.

If you need transportation to and from the airport, the hostal can arrange for a car. I strongly recommend using this service. In Sept 2004, the hostal's airport car service was only US$13. If you hire a taxi at the airport, they'll want US$15 to US$20.

Since there aren't very many rooms, you do need to reserve a room as early as possible.

Because there are so few rooms at El Patio, tour groups don't stay here. Instead, this place is popular with independent travelers. When I was there, most of the guests were travelers enroute to or from Cusco and places beyond.

Nearby Hostal El Patio

• Hostal El Patio Hotel Lima

Address: Ernesto Diez Canseco 341 , Miraflores, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

8 Photos of Hostal El Patio

Amenities at Hostal El Patio

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation

Lima Travel Forum

Need advice about Lima, Peru? Visit the Travel Forum for Lima and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lima hotel reviews