Hostal San Francisco

Azangaro 125-127, Lima, 1, Peru

More about Lima

Museo Rafael Larco HerreraMuseo Rafael Larco Herrera

Folk Dancing in Lima's Junius, PeruFolk Dancing in Lima's Junius, Peru

Main alter area ceilingMain alter area ceiling

City Hall across the squareCity Hall across the square

Problems with booking Cruz del Sur bus tickets

by kira11

Hi everyone,

I need to book bus tickets from Cruz del Sur, but on their website, I always encounter the following problem: I find the right bus, log in, select my seat, fill in passenger's information etc. then I click on buy now and type in credit card informations. When I go to process my booking, after about 30 seconds there's always a message saying "denied operation". I don't know what to do. I wrote to Cruz del Sur, but they couldn't help me... I really need to book the tickets. Does anyone know what I could do? The credit card is good - and I type in all the necessary information - but it seems to be a problem there...

Do you know an agency that would book tickets for the Cruz del Sur bus? Could they also select a specific seat (as you can on the Cruz del sur website)?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Kiki

by catialogue

I would suggest you to call to your bank. There is a possibility that bank denied operation.

by FDA

yes, it may happen
the first time I booked with airasia I had a lot of problems (similarly you have). I called VISA and they said there were no problems from them, they were seeing my attempts but they did know why I had a block of transation.
what strange is I tried a little bit later (less then ten minutes) and I got my tickes!! no block!

by kira11

Thank you for your answers.

VISA say they can't do anything, there's no problem for them... I've been trying it again and again for about 6 days - always got the same "denied operation" message... :-(

Best regards,
Kiki

by georgt

visa card required to be verified in many business of SA, so I found out trying to use it on internet, try to get the card verified from visa through a simple internet operation

Travel Tips for Lima

El Señor de los Milagros

by elpariente

La devoción en lima al Señor de los Milagros es muy grande y en el mes de Octubre celebran sus festividad
Todos sus cofrades visten de morado y todo incluso las velas son del mismo color

In Lima they are devotes of the Señor de los Milagros (Lord of the Miracles) and in October they celebrate their festival
All their brotherhods are dressed on purple and every thing including the candles are purple

MORE SITES

by christian99

Outside the metropolitan area you will find the most important archaeological sites of Lima. By the east, in the Central Highway (Carretera Central), is Puruchuco (km7.5, district of Ate). This is a restored site which that housed to the area's chief. There is a site museum and a fee must be paid. By the km 12.5, there is an entrance (to the left) to Cajamarquilla zinc refinery. 5km inside you will reach the Cajamarquilla site, a pre-inca citadel from Wari Culture, built with big adobe walls. It is said to be one of the most important adobe complexes in the coast. There is an interesting group of holes of 3m depth that were used as granaries. The site is worth seeing, although it is a bit difficult to find it. Some kilometres more from the turn-off to Cajamarquilla (km16) are San Juan de Pariache and Huaycán Tambo, two archaeological remains from precolumbian times.

30 km. south of Lima, by the Panamerican Highway, in the left turn-off to Lurín is located the "king" of all the Lima's archaeological sites, Pachacámac. This was a pre-inca and Inca group of temples, plazas and urban zones, which dominated the Lurín valley and then all the area of present Lima. At the entrance there is a site museum which explains you the development of this area. From here you can take a long circular dirt road to visit the different pyramidal buildings ending at the Temple of Sun, in the top place of Pachacámac. You need half a day to visit this major site. Do not forget to visit the Acllawasi or Mamacona (House of the Chosen Women), a house built by the Inca where is notable to see the mixture of mud and stone in the walls, now excavated and rebuilt. A must. Entrance fee. Outside the site, there are buses to/from Lima every minute.

Unless stated, archaeological sites and on-site museums are closed on Mondays.

buses in Peru

by crummey

I was in Ayacucho. Time came to leave. In the evening got on a nice bus bound for Pisco, on the coast. I wanted to return to Pisco for a couple of nights...primarily to take some pictures that I had missed on the first trip.

Leaving Ayacucho, we had to wind over the mountains in the night. Half way over the mountains we came across another bus that was broke down. We stopped and they all got on....grandmothers, children, men with huge bags of coco leaves and bundles of blankets and everything. The clucking chickens and dead animals were either put on the roof or under in the baggage compartments.

So we had a bus that holds like fifty with about 100 people in it. And we continued over the mountains.

So when you want to get out....when you reach your destination....you are supposed to go to the front and bang and hammer and yell at the drivers compartment until he stops. But when we reached my stop, I had fallen asleep and I did not wake up until we had reached Lima.

Peruvians love Pollo a la abrasa

by staindesign about Norky's

Norky's is like the McDonalds of Peru. Most restaurants are 2 or 3 levels, you go in and find a table where ever you can. Trust me, these places are busy! Then a waiter will come and take your order, you pretty much decide if you want 1/4, 1/2, or a whole chicken. It comes with fries and a side salad. And a liter of Inka Cola to round off the table. The chicken is good and the place smell awesome!

Plaza de Armas

by ThiagoRamos

The XVI Century Plaza de Armas is probably the best place to start your visit to Lima.

There you will find the Cathedral and the Archbishop´s Palace next to each other, the Government Palace and many other beautiful colonial buildings that earned Lima´s historical city center the deserved title of Unesco World Heritage Site.

Comments