Hotel Caminos del Inca Inn

Av. Caminos del Inca 3200, Santiago de Surco, Lima, 33, Peru

More about Lima

Plaza San MartinPlaza San Martin

picaronespicarones

Police with their backs to usPolice with their backs to us

Gallery outside the restaurantGallery outside the restaurant

Lima city tour - 1 day

by pdr1

We are going to Peru in May, with 1 day available for sight-seeing in Lima. We are not going with any tour company in Peru. However, we would like to get a 1 day tour for Lima - group tour or private tour, anything is fine. Can somebody suggest a good tour company for that.

We are staying in a hotel in Miraflores and don't understand any Spanish. Let me know if you think that we should instead get in touch with the hotel for a tour.

Also, how much would be a reasonable price for such a tour?

by crzn

We were in Lima in September. We spent 1.5 days there . On our final day we arranged for a guide with a car to pick us up from our hotel at 10am and end at the Lima airport at 8pm. Renato from taxilimaperu(dot com) gave us a great city tour. Have a look at his web-page for an example of his tours. We also stopped at a wonderful restaurant for lunch (I am pretty sure we were the only tourists there). He was good driver, guide and friend in that crazy city. We loved Lima and We managed to pack in a great deal of it with our time with Renato. But I think I would have hated Lima on our own as it is a huge overwhelming place. I can not say enough as to how happy we were with our decision to hire Renato. John & Robin

by jumpingnorman

For a day in Lima, it would be nice to see the Pachacamac Ruins - have you heard of that? Excavation is still ongoing but it is a nice drive from the city center. My travel guide who booked me for Macchu just added it to my itinerary on my request - her email is prmy@hotmail.com (name Pao). Maybe she can help --- she is half-Japanes-half-Perivuan living in Lima...good luck! Norman :)

by nhoolb

In the Parque Kennedy, just next to the church, is a small booth of the municipalidad of Miraflores combined with Mirabus. They have a lot of tours including city tours and tours to Pachacamac. Check.

Two days ago I was in Lima (Miraflores) and did the one-hour Miraflores Mirabus tour (for the fourth time but always nice to do).

by pdr1

Thank you to all of you that responded to my question!

I looked at the options and I like the Mirabus the best! I think we'll go with that.

Thanks to all of you again. This advice is invaluable to me.

by ACSL17

Hi, in Miraflores there´s a principal Park named Kennedy, next to the church there´s a Bus Stop for tourism around Lima, there are many kind of tours and they are not expensive at all, i think they are between USD 5.00 to USD 30.00, depends on the distance or places you´ll visit.

If u need any help u can contact me at: acsl_17@yahoo.com
Good Luck.

by magitta

sure....visite this website.www.peruworldtaxi.com that company have reasonable price, they are canadien people....check more to peru travel.....bye

Travel Tips for Lima

Miraflores by night

by chancay

ok ok, am repeating the point of view...point of view of the pictures I did. But that was the place I stayed and the overview from 12th floor was quite nice....and a city at night always has got it´s special beauty.

So please don´t argue, it´s only a general tip here...... and I can say, Lima at night is a great place, sooo much pubs and bars and discos and salseros, marvelous scenery at Lima coast at night. Amazing, I love it.

Lima Beach - El Silencio

by nenzo

When we visited Lima, we wanted to stay at a nice-looking beach. We were recommended El Silencio. You have to drive 1-2 hours south of Lima to get there, but it is worth the trip.

There are a lot of restaurants at the beach. And they are all offering you free chairs with parasoles, as long as you are customer of their restaurants. All of them serve seafood, as this is the custom to eat at the beaches in Lima. It tastes delicious, and prices are ok.

Since there are a lot of competition between the restaurants you will be hunted when entering the beach. Find a restaurant and relax with seafood and cervezas. I have also been told that the restaurants turn into party places in the night, but we left too early too experience. Maybe next time ;-)

At this place I set a milestone in my life. My first touch of the pacific ocean. I was swimming in the waves and also found out that the pacific was as salt tasting as the atlantic ;-)

If you want to go to El Silencio, you should ask your reception at the hotel, or a trusted local. The buses are very confusing for foreigners to find.

Taxis are expencive

by VolsUT

Taxi drives will attempt to wait on you after you have visited a place and do this over and over again in the hope that you will pay them $100 for a day long shofer. Always send them on their way it is much cheaper to just get another driver at every stop.

style "brighton 1900"..escapade for loving people!

by cbeaujean about la rosa nautica

built on piles.
superb,nice,perfect taste.
inside,a lot of flowers.
full of nooks and crannies for intimity with views on the ocean fish and seafood,mainly....
taste,among a great choice,
la parihuela,el seco de corvina,la corvina chorrillana (spiced)...

Visit the Catacombs at San Francisco

by malianrob

We came here during our Lima City tour. I have to admit I didnt do too much research on Lima. My focus was more Cusco and Machu Picchu of course but I was glad that we did a Lima City tour because it turned out to be so great. Lima is a beautiful City (in some areas) to the contrary of what I was told and San Francisco was an experience. Visiting here totally caught me be surprise because I had no idea what to expect. It was alittle freaky and when you go down into the catacombs the ceiling is so low that you have to crouch down alittle. Adrianna and I are somewhat short so we didnt have to worry but there was one lady, fairly tall that almost knocked herself out. She hit her head so hard that she was crying. I cant remember if she was bleeding too. So be careful if you are tall :)
From what I remeber of San Francisco was that the bones here belong to the wealthy people of Lima. If you had money you were able to be buried here and be "closer to heaven or God".

Comments