Hotel Huaychulo

More about Lima

Parque del AmorParque del Amor

Boat jugBoat jug

Pacific OceanPacific Ocean

Regular entrance to the exhibitsRegular entrance to the exhibits

Please critique our itinerary - 10 days PERU

Hi vters! :)

We have decided to go on a guider tour for Peru (10days)
below is our detailed itinerary - can please give us your opinion?
Do you think we missed out on anything? and do you think the
schedule is a bit tight?

appreciate your help :)

Day 1:
Flight from NY-Lima then connecting flight to Arequipa (3 hour layover at the airport)

In the afternoon Arequipa City Tour
The monastery of Santa Catalina, Parade Ground, The Cathedral, The cloisters, Church and Polychrome dome of the Jesus countryside, Colonial district of Yanahuara, Church and square of San Francisco, the neighborhood of San Lázaro and the Gully of Chinilla.
(one night stay in Arequipa)

Day 2:
08:30am departure to Colca Valley, along the way will pass for the Chachani volcano; will see beautiful landscapes and snowcapped, The National Vicunas Reserve: Pampa Cañahuas, also will make some stops in: Patapampa to watch its extraordinary wildlife, Pampas of Tokra and the viewpoint of the Andes,
(one night stay in Colca Valley)

Day 3:
Very early breakfast at the Hotel to then go towards to the “Cruz Del Cóndor” from where we will appreciate the Cañon of Colca and the flight of the condor; also the Pre- Inca hinging tombs and little villages: Maca, Yanque.
In the afternoon departure to the city of Puno by BUS
(one night stay in Puno)

Day 4:
Breakfast at the Hotel and pick out from the Port of Puno to visit one of the floating Islands: Uros continuing our trip to go to Taquile Island then return to puno
(one night stay in Puno)

Day 5:
Flight Juliaca / Cusco. Arrive to Cusco.

afternoon City Tour will visit: Main streets, Parade ground, Cathedral, Koricancha Temple and visit to the archeological parks: Fortress of Sacsayhuaman, Qénqo, Puka Pukara, and Tambo Machay.
(one night stay in Cuzco)

Day 6:
Tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, visit to the craft fair of Pisac, Yucay, citadel of Urubamba, Archeological park of Ollantaytambo, Cloister of Chincheros church. Buffet lunch
In the afternoon transfer to the Hotel
(one night stay in Urubamba)

Day 7:
Breakfast at the Hotel and transfer to the station to get into the train to Aguas Calientes - afternoon tour to MACHU PICHU
(One night in Aguas Calientes)

Day 8:
Today come back to Machupicchu to trek to Huaynapicchu.
In the afternoon return by train to Cusco.
(one night stay in Cuzco)

Day 9:
Flight Cusco to Lima

Afternoon City tour visiting: San Martín Square, Main Square, Government Palace, Basilica Cathedral, Arzobispal Palace, Municipal Palace, church of San Francisco
(one night stay in Lima)

Day 10:
Breakfast at the Hotel and transfer to the bus station (04:00amAprox) to leave in Minivan to the City of Nazca. Arrival to the aerodrome to make the over flight of the mysterious and enigmatic Lines of Nasca. Lunch and suitable time (13:30 Aprox) return to Lima – Airport, arrive 20:30 then fly out LIMA-NY

by waxlrose

Seems pretty logical to me. You won't get much of the Amazonian vibe while you're there. You can do that another time! :)

by risse73

If it's an itinerary from a guided tour, then things should go according to what has been pre-planned. It's a tight schedule, which doesn't really give you much time to relax in between. It almost appears like you'll just be "on the run" from the moment you leave NY to the moment you come back from this trip. Overall, it looks like you will cover most of the known Peruvian tourist destinations in a constrained time schedule. Good Luck & Enjoy Beautiful Peru!

by robine

Agreed - it's an extremely hectic schedule, but well planned. In 10 days in Peru you'll see (a few) places I didn't in two years living and working there!

hey waxlrose :)

you mentioned about the amazonian vibe sounds interesting :)

can you tell me more about it? like where and how many days
you should spend to get the "amazonian vibe"? :)

by ArnoldLC

thanks! any suggestions to make the trip less "hectic"?

add a few days of rest in between? maybe a day or 2?

we cant decide which places to take out :(

by kiwigal_1

I wouldnt take anything out. I think it is a comprehensive itinerary and although busy I don´t think it will be exhausting. You will have rest times on your bus and boat transportation in any case. Enjoy your trip!

Cheers, Rhianon

by SrinuTravel

Sounds good. Who is your travel agent and pricing. i am looking to do a similar tour in April/May 09. I will be flying in from California.

Travel Tips for Lima

What is my opinion of Peru?

by crummey

Now, what are my opinions of Peru?

Yes, the telephones and toilets and sinks and faucets very often do not work.

And yes there are computer terminals in every town of any substance, and chinese restaurants too.

And yes, the lager towns have their own Chinatowns.

And yes the Chinese food can be cheaper in North America or Europe.

And yes the lucky people live in concrete and cinderblock buildings.

And yes, the unlucky ones live in mud or thatch with their animals.

And yes they sh*t on the street and p*ss on the street.

And Yes they think Gringos are stupid and rich.

And Yes, if they thought gringos were smart then they might ty to emulate us and give their people clean water.

And yes, they love to rob tourists.

And yes they think every tourist came to this country simply to become a cocaine addict.

And yes they serve instant coffee in the restaurants, even though coffee is from Peru and they could easily brew real coffee.

And they Hate Gringo. They HATE gringos for three reasons: they think we are rich, they think we are arrogant and they think we want to sleep with their women.

But they love gringos. They LOVE gringos for three reasons: they think we are rich, they think we are arrogant and they think we want to sleep with their women. I think there is a bit of a paradox there, dont you?

And that is Peru, or atleast the Peru I know...perhaps there is another peru.

Parque de la Exposicion

by richiecdisc

This lovely park is a true oasis in this sometimes nerve-wrecking city. There are Japanese gardens, gazebos, and small man-made lakes. It's a real gathering place for locals on weekends and easy to see why. Though most take a taxi here, we found it an interesting walk. I was accosted by a wild group of tranvestites, with balloons for breasts, who insisted on squeezing my biceps despite their being bigger than me. Doreen found this amusing as I smiled graciously and tried to walk on as fast as I could!

Cala Clone

by baanasta about Punta Blanca

This is a new place that has opened up right next to Cala. It is right on the water in the Costa Verde in Barranco. Is very similar to Cala as well in terms of the crowd, music (techno), restuarant, and general atmosphere. It is, however, more spacious than Cala and everything is on one level. The patio is also signifcantly bigger. It will be interesting to see which place draws a bigger crowd since they are so similar, but for now they both seem to be doing well. Both of these places will be great places to go when it starts to get warmer in Lima around November/December. Relatively upscale like Cala. Nice jeans OK.

Pizza Rustica

by XKuger about Pizza Rustica

This is great restaurant to watch people around the Miraflores restautant strip right around the miraflores park.

Best time is to go there ealy evening or even late night when you can get a seat by the sidewalk and watch the action.

The traffic is slowed by the cops to slow snarl and pollutions is as bad as during the day. You can see the world go by sitting at this restaurant.

I visited twice, the first time I tried the vegatable Lasagna with was terrible. Just like a large pot pie with a load of cheese.

The second time I tried a plain pizza which was much better. The food is about average and the pricing is also average. Definitly try the Pizza, its much better than tha pasta.

MUSEO LARCO and Ancient Erotica!

by Denverite

So I stumbled upon the Museo Larco during my stay in Peru. I honestly wasn't very interested in visitng the museum and then I heard about the Erotic gallery there. Of course I didn't believe it and had to check it out for myself...and it's TRUE!!!! There is an amazing collection of Erotic pottery, that's unlike anything else you'll see in Peru. There is also a storage collection that's filled with thousands of objects that you can walk into. Not to mention the great cafe that they have in the museum's garden.

This place was my favorite thing in Peru!

Comments