Hotel Park Suites

Nursing motherNursing mother

left luggage in Lima

by tff

Hi,

I'm going to fly into Lima at 7am and leave for Arequipa by bus at 7.30pm the same day. I would like to spend some time exploring the city, but will have some luggage. Do you have any suggestions on where I can leave my luggage? As the airport is too far, i dont want to go back there to collect my suitcase in the evening.

Also- any suggestions on what I could do in Lima for 1 day?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

by travelmentor

Hi there,

Not sure about your luggage, if you go to Miraflores there are nice hostel who might look after your bags.

As for things to do theres plenty, Miraflores offers a chance for shopping and the beach and is close to Parque de las Leyendes. You can also go paragliding over the beaches or just go surfing.

In the centre make your way to Plaza de Armas, the street link here and Plza San Martin are great for shopping and picking up last minute items. Theres plenty of Museums such as Museo de Nacion, Museo Larco. Monasterio San Francisco is worth a look as too is Iglesia de Santa Domingo which houses the tombs of Santa Rosa and San Martin de Porres who was the Americas first coloured saint. A great website is travelmentor.ie go have a look.

Lima is a great City to start and end a trip.

Enjoy
Colm.

by cgf

There is a left luggage inside the airport close to domestic flight arrivals so just walk from one end to the other of the building.
I'm sure you could find also at bus station.

by kzapanta

two places to store luggage at the airport. One is right below the escalators

by solymarrep

You can take a taxi to the bus station, leave your luggage at the bus station, and start exploring the city from there. Return to the bus station and ready to Arequipa!

by wickedwitch9899

Hi, there are two places I think in the airport to leave your luggage, but if you don't want to do this, here is what I did in my last visit to Lima. I followed some friends advices and I went to Barranco in a taxi, they told me about a guesthouse where you can leave your luggage for 10 soles, it's about 3.50US per day. I left my luggage there for one week,don't worried they are nice people and it's a safe place for your stuff. Barranco , for me its the best place to visit in Lima, there are plenty things to do, I am sure you will love it. The name of the guesthouse is, limabedandcoffee, the website is www.limabedandcoffee.com, the personal mail of the host is kikinlg@yahoo.es.
Enjoy your trip to Arequipa, its a longgggg distance from Lima by bus, and I choose to do it by plane one hour and a half i think.Here is my mail if you want more information, lucyday9899@yahoo.com

Travel Tips for Lima

Currency Exchange

by cruisingbug

We only exchanged our dollars in Lima, so my advice here may not be relevant in other areas of Peru. Although banks are probably the safest place to exchange money, the street exchangers give a better rate. Look for the official exchangers - in the San Isidro area, they were wearing tan vests, with an orange government seal printed on them. The vests may be different in other areas - check with your hotel staff.

Know what the current exchange rate is, and agree upfront before handing over any cash. Count your money before the exchanger walks away. Also, do not accept any bills that are ripped or look old. Many merchants will not accept them, making them effectively worthless.

Packing List

by mrsusher

I travel light to all my trips, that way I can stuff my luggage with my shopping finds. I always take a travel backpack(one that converts into a small packet when not in use) It helps me carry all of my finds and I can store them without looking too touristy. Before I leave to any trip, I look at weather.com. That way I bring clothes accordingly. I bring clothes that are conservative, and that don't say 'look at me I am a tourist!!' I also bring confortable walking shoes. In my toiletry I always have the usual, q-tips, cotton rounds for my face, sun block for the face, toothbrush, toothpaste, toner, moisturizer, noxema for cleaning the face,razor, parfum, under eye cream, shampoo, conditioner, make up, tums, vitamins, etc. And everything is in tiny containers. I usually bring my digital and 35mm.

Miraflores. Here you'll find...

by Ramonq

Miraflores. Here you'll find sophisticated nightlife. If you need a respite from colonial Spanish and Inca heritage, go out to this area, and just enjoy and meet friendly Limenos and Limenas company. It's easy to strike up a conversation in the pubs here as a lot of locals who hang around Miraflores are learning English and they probably want to practice on you.

Delicious Peruvian food

by Eish about Las Tejas

Mmmmm. We loved eating here, and came back more than once to try different dishes. We relied on the waiters' advice for what to try, and it helped us work through the "food" section in the Lonely Planet phrasebook. There is an open outdoor area with about 4-5 tables right next to where they prepare some of the food, and a cosy indoor area too. The food is fresh, and you can see it being prepared right in front of you (if you order the right dish). Ceviche - raw fish marinaded in onions; Cuncha - mielie/corn kernels toasted; Saltado (beef and onon stir fry - those yummy onions again)

Dine by the wall

by JessieLang about La Muralla

La Muralla restaurant adjoins La Muralla park, which contains the remains of the old city walls built in the 1600s to protect the city from pirates. After your meal, you can check out the walls, or stroll through the attractive park.

Hours: 9-9 I started with an appetizer, Papa Huacaina (sliced potatoes in a delicious sauce), followed by beef in rosemary sauce. Papa Huacaina is one of my favorite Peruvian dishes.

Comments