Hotel Tambo Real

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Lima

Entrance to Villa PoncianaEntrance to Villa Ponciana

Presidential PalacePresidential Palace

Detail of windows and balcony from the busDetail of windows and balcony from the bus

burial maskburial mask

Will stay in Lima then want to vist Nasca Line

by adeeworld

Any good flight company go directly to Nasca line without taking 5 hours bus to Ica then get on the flight?

Thanks for your kindly attention and advice!

by GrumpyDiver

I looked at this a few years ago, when we were planning our trip to Peru (and ended up skipping Nasca because the timing did not work out). There seemed to be two options - one was to get to the Nasca area and take a flight from the local airport and the second had flights leaving from the Lima airport.

by dansak

There are not flights from Lima to Ica.

by GrumpyDiver

This was a small company that left from the Lima airport, overflew Nasca and then returned to Lima. We were there 4 years ago, so things may have changed.

by Odinnthor

There are no commercial flights to nazca from Lima. Pretty much have to go by bus. There are however sightseeing flights from Lima back to Lima by Aro Condor.

There is a small airport in nasca but only for small aircraft. You can get flights in Nazca on small aircraft once you are there, and i have to tell you, seeing the lines from the ground is great, but you do not get the concept unless you fly over the area. My suggestion is to take the bus ride and then take a flight once you are there. It is worth the hassle.

Thank you all.

by lilnyx

there is one service that works from Lima but has a minimun of 6-8 people to operate, if flies to Ica and then you take another aricraft to Nazca all in one day. i believe the company is called nazca conexxion

by adeeworld

Both of the company you guys are mention has stop the flight:
This is what Nazca tell me:
From Lima to Nazca no flight. The flight over the lines is taken at the airfield of Nasca Maria Reich

Travel Tips for Lima

Upper class toilet break

by AR76

As you may or may not know, hygiene standards here are somewhat lower than you may be used to. So finding a clean toilet can be a challenge...
Tip! Go have a tea (or coffee, or soft drinks...) at the Sheraton Hotel, and while there use the clean toilets - you don't know when you will see another one...

Beaches

by SirRichard

Lima is not an idillic place for Pacific Ocean beaches. Anyway, if you are in need, the best beaches in town are those in Miraflores and Barranco. They are black pebbles beaches, narrow and not very pleasant for sunbathing, as they get crowded in summer.
For better beaches, you have to go out of Lima, like Punta Hermosa, San Bartolo, Pico Alto or Punta Rocas. Though there are public buses, hiring a car wuld be a good option for a daytrip there.

Time to move the body!

by Charlin_Baby about Aura Disco

Aura is a Disco situated in Larcomar.
There you can listen very good music and of course move your body!
People in Aura is very nice and for sure you will dance with somebody.
Peruvian people is COOL!!!!! Good Dress....casual......but good

Punta Hermosa - juice in a bag

by MovingMere

I've already talked about the fresh juices that you can get everywhere in Peru, but I didn't explain how to take them with you, as they're served in a glass that is washed once you finish and remains at the juice cart.

One morning we got a late start to the beach (my fault), so we wanted to take our food with us to get as much sun as possible. I asked Luis if I could get juice to go since I didn't see any plastic cups. He said, "yeah, they'll put it in a bag for you." I rolled my eyes, thinking he was trying to trick me (I can be a bit gullible at times) and ordered juice to go. Sure enough, they gave it to me in a bag!

You hold one corner up, make a hole in it with a straw, and then drink out of the bag. I felt kind of silly, but we saw a girl in Huaraz do it too.

Nice photo, Luis. :)

Below Average Indian

by XKuger about Maikhana Namaskar India

I saw this Indian restaurant on my first day when I was heading to my hotel from the airport, however could not locate it.

On the last day I happened to pass it so decided to check it out and have dinner.

The food was very, very mediocre and expensive for an indian restaurant. Some of the dishes were downright far from the original.

However if you are really craving for Indian food by all means stop by. None, didn't find anything worth make a trip here to eat.

Comments