JW Marriott Hotel Lima

See Amenities
grandmaR's Profile Photo

Presidential Suite

by written on January 23, 2009

We did not stay here, but it was pointed out to us as the hotel used for some of the VIPs that came to the APEC conference - those attendees included George W. Bush.

Their website says:
A superb location, awe-inspiring architecture and magnificent view await you at the JW Marriott Hotel Lima. Standing in front of the grand cliffs in the Miraflores district, the JW Marriott Hotel Lima offers sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean from every guest room. The hotel's 25-story, ultra-modern glass tower makes a grand statement as one of the best Lima hotels.

Unique Quality: * All rooms with a great Ocean View.
* Air-conditioned rooms, in-room safe, coffeemaker, iron, ironing board, mini-bar, water purification system
* Health club-spa, swimming pool (Dec-Mar), extraordinary event facilities and 24-hour room service
* Casino on-site
* High-speed Internet in all rooms and wireless in public areas
* Complimentary on-site parking
* Valet parking, fee: 2 USD per stay

* Marriott Rewards category: 5

JW Marriot Hotel Lima

by written on January 2, 2007

I have a great experience in this hotel.

Unique Quality: I was in Peru in June and found it to be very safe! I booked everything with the company called Servicios Turísticos y Manejo S.A.C. - they were amazing!!! They would pick you up and meet you at the various destinations and they offered great advice and service. I highly recommend them - and if you book with them and you go alone - they will pair you up or put you in a group tour so that you're not alone.

Servicios Turísticos y Manejo S.A.C. - Peruvian Tours

pmcnamara's Profile Photo

Miraflores Prime Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 27, 2006

The final evening of my 10 day trip to Peru, I stayed at the J.W. Marriott Hotel. This was the best hotel I stayed at on my trip to Peru. When I checked in, they gave me a $185 room rate, but when I told them this was my last night in Peru and was looking for a good rate, he dropped it to $125 (this was a Saturday Night also.) The hotel was immaculate, clean, the staff professional and friendly. My flight on Sunday didn't leave till 11:50 at night and the Marriott held my bags in safe storage for no charge after I checked out (and a 3:00pm late check out at that !) The view of the ocean and Marco Lar is everything they say it is. If your coming to Lima, please, take the opportunity to stay at some of the smaller hotels, you'll save some money. Use that extra money to see a couple of extra sights and buy some extra gifts for your friends and family back home.. and save a little to stay a night or two here.... its worth it.

wayneusa's Profile Photo

The best hotel in Lima!

by written on June 25, 2005

Very new hotel with excellent service, view of the ocean and best breakfast buffet I have ever had!

Unique Quality: Incredible ocean view from every room! The sunsets in Lima are stunning!

Best hotel in Lima

by written on July 15, 2004

This hotel stands out above the others along the stretch of Malecon de la Reserva, and this impressiveness is only the beginning.
We stayed for 4 nights on the 22nd floor. Our room was in the corner, on one side of our window was a view of the beach, and the other was a view of the sprawling city. When we returned from Cuzco, we stayed for another night on the 14th floor in the front of the building. The view was breathtaking.
The room was excellent. Very comfortable bed, air conditioning, excellent bathroom with slippers and bath robes, filter coffee machine, safe, and a very big selection of room service (including Pizza Hut deliveries). Although we never had to use this! There is a swimming pool, tennis court, gym, sauna and health centre. I had a one-hour massage for US$40.

Breakfast. I think this was the most unforgettable experience. The restaurant is located in the front of the hotel, and had an excellent view to the park across the road. In the mornings, there is live music, either a solo harpist or pianist. The breakfast buffet included the standard cereals, jams etc, with freshly baked bread (croissant, brioche, toast, cakes etc). There is a wide selection of eggs and fillings, freshly made; pancakes and waffles, with a range of toppings. There was also cooked food, such as beef with roquefort sauce, sauteed mushrooms, various sausages and bacons. There is also local cooked breakfast involving a roll with roast pork, fried sweet potato, topped with a tomato and onion sauce. The local "sausage" is a very nice marinated pork mince, fried with scrambled eggs. Clearly, we didn't need lunch after our breakfast here.

We had dinner in the restaurant too. We asked for something that wasn't on the menu but recommended in the guidebooks. The chef made them and they were delicious. Again, the service was excellent, and the waiters appeared and disappeared at the right times, leaving us to enjoy our dinner and each other's company.

Unique Quality: I think the most outstanding characteristic of this hotel is the service provided. Even at odd hours they looked spectacular with their perfect hair and makeup, and were extremely helpful and attentive. I would definitely recommend the concierge service, especially for airport drop-offs and pick-ups as they are able to meet you at the baggage reclaim, and help you through the crowd of people (tourist touts, taxi touts and the like). This service is obviously more expensive than what you would pay if you if went to the taxi rank, but at US$23 I thought it was very good value.

If I could give a higher rating for the service we had, I would.

By the way, even though the comparative price I gave below is "most expensive", we got a really good deal on www.hotelsperu.com. The rack rate for our room was US$270, not including taxes, service, or breakfast (US$20 per person). We paid US$120 with everything inclusive.

Birdbrain's Profile Photo

New Hotel Gets It Right

by written on March 9, 2003

The Marriott opened just opened a few years ago so it's very modern. You won't be sleeping on some antique bed but, other than that, you will staying in a top quality hotel by any standard. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, especially the concierge.

Unique Quality: The hotel is right near the coast and has a great view of the ocean. There is a shopping center across the street that also houses one of Lima's better nightclubs. The casino in the basement is open 24 hours - I liked that place.

Nearby JW Marriott Hotel Lima

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Lima Travel Forum

Need advice about Lima, Peru? Visit the Travel Forum for Lima and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lima hotel reviews