Mariel Hotel Lima

Food and Dining Arts and Culture Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

5 star treatment, excellent beds, highly recommend

by written on March 22, 2010

My stay at the Mariel was one of the only times that I could say I felt like I was staying in a 5 star hotel. We stayed at the hotel for about 7 nights as part of a large tour group. All of my stay was great, from the rooms to the food. I recomend this hotel

Unique Quality: Nice staff
Great Food

One of the best 3 star hotel in Lima

by written on March 18, 2010

My stay was great; lima is a beautiful city with a lot of activities to do. The Hotel is very homely, with a nice staff and very well ubicated near the Miraflores central park. The food in perú is delicious.

Unique Quality: The best in the hotel is the ubication, front of a indian market and two blocks to the kennedy park in miraflores.
The food in the restaurant is very good and the service is amazing.

Directions: Two blocks around the Kennedy central park in miraflores.

great location in downtown Miraflores

by written on January 12, 2010

we stayed for 1 week in Mariel Hotel Lima and we have to say everything was perfect, staff treat us very nicely and the location is perfect, near Larcomar, indian markets and the best restaurants ans pizza street. We ask for a tour service and went to Lima museums ans arqueological centers in the hotels van with Clever the driver, charming guy.
They told me they are improving all rooms but mine I found clean and confort, with air conditioning, wifi, cable tv, hot tub, direct phone in room and all we need.
Try cebiche and lomo salteado (beef creole) in the restaurant, all very helpful.
As we spend a week here we try many dishes and sandwiches, all very good. Also buffet breakfast was great.
An excelent choice,
tip: try to send an email to booking department (reservas) and ask for a discount, the give it to me.

Unique Quality: the location is the best in miraflores I think.
the staff excelent
nice rooms
nice restaurant
nice breakfast

Directions: ask for the hotel shuttle service

ValbyDK's Profile Photo

Something good, something bad...

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 25, 2009

Stayed one night at the Mariel Hotel in downtown Miraflores. Something good, something bad... The room was very small and narrow, the beds occupied so much space that it was difficult to move around in the room, lot of traffic noise, and street lights shining into the room... On the other hand, the room was clean (and so was the bathroom), and cold Cusquenas in the mini-bar… Breakfast buffet was included in the room rate and was OK, the staff was friendly and helpful, and we were offered a free pisco sour when we arrived. But overall I wasn’t too happy with the room, and I also prefer the old town in Lima to Miraflores, so don’t think I will stay at the hotel again...

malianrob's Profile Photo

In Miraflores

by written on December 23, 2007

This hotel was great and in the middle of where we needed to be. It is located in Lima in the Miraflores area of town. Like most hotels around here, breakfast is included with your stay. It was a modest hotel, very clean with great customer service, and inexpensive.

acemj's Profile Photo

Decent place in Miraflores

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 16, 2006

We spent two nights here in Lima at the Hotel Mariel. The hotel is in a good location near the main traffic circle in Miraflores at the top of Avenida Jose Larco. We were greeted by a doorman and a bellhop took our bags up to our room by way of the elevator.

Unique Quality: Breakfast is included in the price and you also get a complimentary Pisco Sour at the bar (a very good one too). The beds are reasonably comfortable and the bathrooms were clean with nice hot water.

Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Basic Hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 30, 2004

The Hotel Mariel was a basic tourist level hotel. The beds were a little hard but sufficient for a night's rest.

Unique Quality: Excellent location just a few blocks from the main plaza in Miraflores and just across the street from the Mercado des Indios.

Nearby Mariel Hotel Lima

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Lima Travel Forum

Need advice about Lima, Peru? Visit the Travel Forum for Lima and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lima hotel reviews