Pucllana Lodge

Pucllana Lodge
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Lima

Museo de Oro del PeruMuseo de Oro del Peru

Pick your steakPick your steak

Wooden side alterWooden side alter

City Hall from the Cathedral PlazaCity Hall from the Cathedral Plaza

Getting from the Lima airport to OVALO DE HIGUERETA, taxi or bus?

by iamlost

We will be flying to Lima in November. We are to meet someone at the traffic circle Ovalo De Higuereta. Should we take a "combi" bus or a taxi. We will be travling with backpacks. The small combi bus sound like fun but we are not sure if they stop at the airport and which one do we take? Should we have coins ready or will they take a small bill?
Has anyone been through that traffic circle and are there coffee shops in the circle or near there?

by nhoolb

Take a taxi

www.lap.com.pe

by cassiovieggore

Ovalo de Higuereta is end of three important avenues in Peru. It is border from Miraflores and Santiago de Surco as well.
Av Alfredo Benavides Diez Canseco and Av Tomas Marsano pass through it. It's a ring where cars go around.
You may go to Ovalo de Higuereta by taxi or bus. I believe taxi is the best way since probably you don't speak spanish. I will paste some text in english concerned in Lima's transportation:

When coming out of the customs area, you get greeted by a large mass of people. Many taxi drivers will immediately see you as potential fares. The whole experience is very disturbing, especially after a long flight and you should keep calm and learn to avoid the many vendors. The airport authorities recommend using one of the taxi service companies registered at the airport (Taxi CMV, Taxi Mitsui Remise and Green Taxi). These companies have little desks in the exit area or if not sure on what to do ask at the Customer Care counters inside the airport. The Customer Care counters are located in the international and domestic arrivals area, before the terminal exits, to assist passengers with transportation choices

The price for one of these registered Taxis will be about 15 US$ (to Miraflores), whereby the price of Taxis outside the main gate (just to the right at the pedestrian bridge) will be between S/. 12 to S/. 18. (4 to 6 US$).

A bus ride – one of the big green ones – will take you to Miraflores for less than 50 Cents (US$). Use your common sense to make the suitable decision for yourself. http://www.limaeasy.com/airportlima.php

Good luck! Cassiovieggore

by risse73

Please check my Lima "transportation" page re: review of a reliable taxi cab service. Goodluck & enjoy beautiful Peru!

Travel Tips for Lima

Pisco Sour

by acemj

The Pisco Sour is the national drink of Peru and can be found all over the country.

We observed out bartenders carefully and took diligent notes in order to bring you the following recipe:

-- 2 parts Pisco
-- 2 dashes Angostura bitters

Blend and enjoy!

.....on and on

by Sininen

As a Finn I miss water wherever I travel so sitting by the river gave me peace of mind. I could feel the wind and see the surrounding mountains. I would have loved to have a swim but my bathing suit was in the hotel room.

Taxis

by Birdbrain

I not sure but I think anyone who can spell 'TAXI' can put a sign on their car saying as much and try to operate as one. Take these at your own risk, especially at night. The legitimate taxi services differ in quality. If you need to get somewhere late at night, then I would suggest getting the name of a well regarded company and arranging for a pickup.

An exquisite experience in Lima

by inkalover about The Café del Museo

Among the various food experiences you can have in Lima, I found the tastiest one in this small cosy and very intimate restaurant. I honestly was not expecting such an amazing place, this was probably the reason why I enjoyed it so much; it feels always good to discover stunning places where you less expect them. This is definitly part of its charm, it felt like a secret paradise away from the craziness of the town center where one can easily rest enjoying the view over colorful gardens To be honest, I really couldn’t imagine I was still in Lima. The wide white sofas decorated with Peruvian-patterned cushions are very comfortable and there you will feel just like at home. As you are having a nice glass of wine in the terrace, the delicate white tablecloths elegantly dance to the breeze and the sunshine delicately penetrates by bits the massive ivy wall that separates you from the garden lighting up your face with scattered gleams. This sets the tone for a lovely afternoon after a visit in the Larco Museum or just to relax. Inside the restaurant, I felt like I was in some kind of ancient painting, the atmosphere is truly warm and atypical with a particular emphasis on privacy and good service. In terms of taste experience, I had in the Café del Museo the most delicious meal in ages. The food is absolutely gorgeous and very well presented. As a starter we tried papa a la huancaína, which consists in delicious potatoes served in a pepper and fresh cheese sauce. We also tried the ceviche there and it happened to be really tasty. As a main course, we chose lomo saltado, which consists in various slices of tasty marinated tenderloin with white rice and potatoes. And as a desert they offered us a combination of several cakes, although we were really full, we couldn’t resist the banana one: pieces of banana in a delicious white cream.
The experience was just incredible in terms of food and location; it surely was one of the highlights of our day.

Go horseback riding

by skywalkerbeth

Let the horse do the work! I went riding with Cabalgatas on my only trip 3 years ago. I had a wonderful time and alas my Leica was lost in the surf so no photos.

If you click on my intro page it will tell the whole story.

The ride started at Mamacona.

Comments