Thunderbird Hotel Pardo

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 68% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Lima

Street celebrations on Peru's 475th anniversaryStreet celebrations on Peru's 475th anniversary

rocky beach of the Coasta Verderocky beach of the Coasta Verde

St. Martin SquareSt. Martin Square

Man and womanMan and woman

Travel to Peru April 2010

by kngriffi2010

I've got some time off of work next month and would like to spend about two weeks touring the sacred sites of Peru like Machu Pichu, Lake Titicaca etc. Can anyone recommend any sacred tour companies or guides that offer packages between April 6 -30?

by MJL

Hi,
I have used Condor Travel (http://www.condortravel.com/index.php) a couple of times. They aranged very well my trips to Peru (2009) and Chile (2010). Condor Travel is a partner for my Finnish travel agent (KalevaTravel).

I hope Machu Picchu will be agein open when you get there. I read somewhere it will be from April 1st.

Markku

by Odinnthor

For a tour operator Condor is indeed a good one.
Did I read your post correctly that you are looking for a "sacred" meaning religious tour operator..? If not, then Condor is fine.

by sanscott

Check Ourexplorer.com

by kngriffi2010

Yes, I'm also interested in locating any spiritual tour groups that would allow time for group or solo meditations or ceremonies. I'm in the midst of huge changes and transformations in my life.

by NeoNurseTX

Not in the right month but I REALLY wanted to do this. I'll be in Peru April 12-23 with Peregrine travels.

by Odinnthor

Ok, I had a feeling that is what you were looking for. I have really no experience with such tours, although been to Peru several times. However, this is as close I can find for such an operator. Please understand tht I have not knowledge of the quality of this operator, so take it for what it's worth.

I will say though, I reviewd the site briefly, and see at the very bottom that there are links to world wide spiritual and sacred tours. This website is quite comprehensive, and you are likely to find something here that fits in with your quest. Good luck, and I hope it helps.

Here is another one to look at.

Travel Tips for Lima

The Peru is a mecca for plastic surgery

by AKtravelers

While wandering around a market, I stopped to listen in to a shopkeepers TV where I learned that Peru is the number one destination for Americans going overseas for plastic surgery. Apparently, plastic surgery is big among Lima's upper classes. The surgeons are considere very adept and cheap by U.S. standards, so Americans are flocking to Lima for tummy tucks, breast implants and face lifts. Be careful, however, four Americans have died over the last five years, all receiving liposuction.
Just for the record, neither of us visited a medical professional while in Peru.

Surfing

by grandmaR

Although the guide did not mention it, we saw surfers off the Miraflores beach. I understand there is also parasailing and such activities off the cliffs. (photo 4). The beach itself isn't that attractive.

Cusco: Kamikazi (dance and...

by adventure7

Cusco: Kamikazi (dance and live local rock and pan flute bands)
Cross Keys Pub (Favorite hang out for gringos)

Machupicchu: Washington Dicso (The only disco in town playing 80's and latin music)

The best in Lima !!!

by Freddie_Fontes about La Rosa Nautica

EXCELLENT !!! The ceviche is great as well as all the other food i had there. Service was great i have no complaints about this place. The view is awesome, the restaurant is on a pier over the ocean. Ceviche

Peruvian Donuts

by staindesign about Picarones

Picarones are found in most restaurants. These delicious rings of fried pumpkin batter are a local favorite. They are served with a syrup, maybe like a maple syrup. I loved them and even made them a dinner one night!

Comments