Youth Hostel - Hostelling Internatinal Lima - Peru

Expedia.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Lima

Circuito Magico del AguaCircuito Magico del Agua

at oasis huacachinaat oasis huacachina

Wooden choir stallsWooden choir stalls

This was in the erotic section - looks like a toadThis was in the erotic section - looks like a toad

Miraflores question

by TheGeneral

While in Lima I'd like to stay in whatever is considered the heart of Miraflores. Unfortunately I am getting mixed answers for where that is. Some say it is next to the Lacomar Mall. Some say I should be next to Parque Kennedy. Some say Calle De Las Pizzas.

Basically, I would like to walk out of my hotel and be in the main spot where the people are walking, shopping, dining etc. Almost every major city has a spot like that and I am assuming Lima's is in Miraflores. Is there a street or cross street that fits that description? Thanks!

by nhoolb

Yes it is Parque Kennedy, Calle de las pizzas is just off the parque.

For accomodation tips look at my Lima page, the hotels I mention are 1 block from the Parque.

by maggita

yes,near to parque kennedy,and calle de las pizzas to,before check same company
in lima .............

by maggita

yes,near to parque kennedy,and calle de las pizzas to,before check same company
in lima .........hotel....casa-sanchez face to face to park kennedy nice place go to www,peruworldtaxi.com,hotel condado,and hotel San martin...............bye and good look maggita

by dzasta56

near Parque Kennedy

by smallick

We stayed at hotel Casa Andina when we were there two weeks back..it's in the heart of Miraflores..Larcomar was at a 5mins drive from there

by Huacho

Hi

Av Larco is a 12-block av that connects Parque Kennedy to Larco Mar. People is walking, dinning and shopping in both places, but both places are different for obvious reasons, one is an ocean-view-mall with stores, restaurants, food court, souvenirs, etc and the other is a Park with street sellers, small flea market, food stands and stores around the park.

Calle de las Pizzas is in Diagonal St, it's in the opposite site of the park from Larco Av. Not a huge park, so both Larco Av and Diagonal St. are very close to each other.

Travel Tips for Lima

Go to Barranco, eat a Cebiche,...

by j2po

Go to Barranco, eat a Cebiche, Drink a Pisco Sour, seat on the border of the cliff to watch the sunset on the Chorrillos Bay, enjoy the nightlife, do whatever you want to do!!! But please, don't try to swim on the Rimac river... never, ever; at least not near Lima. Ah, and say hi to mom, I miss her! Carnival... the sundays in february when all kids play with water and get you soaked to the bone; it's great! And is my last memory of Lima also, since I left it a few months ago.

Try a speciality drink!

by Wojtek_R

When in Lima, do try if you dare, one of these speciality drinks made out of FROG, Quinua grains and soya, its delicious, and cures all kinds of diseases... ok its gross and only claims to cure stuff...but still an adventure

Chilie's, MUST SEE!!!

by MarcoNYC about Chilie's

You must check out this place called Chilies, it's not a club but actually the entrance to one. This place is HUGE! Plenty of cheap drinks, gorgeous Peruvian girls, tourists, and lots of fun!!! I actually prefer this place to the actual clubs it's next to, so dont miss it! It's inside a mall with plenty of security, so it's very safe, not ti mention fun! Casual trendy, jeans allowed but dont look like you just came from a game of b-ball either

La Rosa Nautica

by lashr1999 about La Rosa Nautica

While walking in the Miraflores area I saw a Victorian styled restaurant at the end of a pier. I knew it was probably expensive so I did not go that day. After a city tour my final day, I decided to treat myself to the restaurant before my flight out. I was apprehensive about entering the restaurant sine I was wearing jeans and a tee shirt but the cab driver said it would be ok. When I arrived at the restaurant around lunch time I was at ease since half of the people were dressed to the 9’s and the other half were dressed like I was.

I was seated in a spot with an excellent view of the ocean. While eating I could see the surfers and watch the beachgoers on the shore, all the while listening to the waves pounding underneath the restaurant.

The restaurant was very elegant with it’s white table cloths and napkins. There are green trees and plants around the restaurant. I believe every seat in the restaurant has a good view of the ocean.

The service in the restaurant was excellent. My water was always full and I was given fresh bread while I waited for my main course. You could see the waiters communicate with each other with their headphone walkie talkies to bring things right away. For my main course I ordered a chicken dish with cheese stuffed in it. For a side dish I received vegetables and these fried mash potatoes sticks that were excellent. Everything was presented nicely.

My only mistake was ordering the dessert Rosa Náutica’s chocolate soufflé with Grand Marnier sauce that would take 20 minutes to make. I was told this beforehand and the wait was not too bad since I went to the second floor to take in the view for 10 minutes while I waited. The dessert was ok but not as good as the main course. I think a better choice may have been the chocolate with lemon and berry sauce.

The Rosa Nautica is relatively expensive for Peruvian standards at least but the service, food and views were worth it. For those who want to know, it cost me $45 for the main dish, dessert and a glass of wine.

Wa Lok - One of the best Cantonese

by XKuger about Wa Lok

This Cantonese Gem of a restaurant is located the Barrio Chino (China Town) approx 8 blocks from the Plaza De Arms.

This has got to be one of the best Cantonese restaurants I have eaten in outside Hong Kong & New York.

The selection is very good, can be ordered caterned to your pallet. Prepared very well with least amount of grease, very flavourful & serever with a good selection of different sauces.

The quantities are also very large and you will leave stuffed.

Over all a fantastic restaurant with excellent service. A must eat is you relish authentic Cantonese Chineese food. I had the vegetable Ginger, Garlic noodles which was definitly one of the best I have had till date. I have only words of praise for the food and service in this restaurant.

The vegetable soup was also very good.

Comments