Esperanza 350, Miraflores, Miraflores, Lima, Peru
Tingo.com Travelocity HostelBookers.com

More about Hotel Esperanza

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member jamesbonddd

Hotel Ezperanza is a decent hotel for the price. If you are looking for good accommodation that includes satellite cable then consider Esperenza. It's not the Ritz but it is clean and comfortable. Good location to central Miraflores.

Best value with helpful, friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member kloinSF

We loved our stay in Hotel Esperanza. Max is so friendly and helpful, as we found all Peruvians to be. He was more than willing to recommend walking paths and restaurants in other neighborhoods. Other hotel staff were just as hospitable, allowing us to store our luggage and offering to arrange a ride to and from the airport. The room was very clean, and they took great care in straightening it up each day during our three-night stay. I booked the hotel by email, and Max was extremely responsive. The hotel is in a great location, just blocks away from the center of Miraflores and in a safe area. It is a terrific value, and we would recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonably-priced budget hotel that suits one's basic needs.

Max & Me

Hi Folks
I arrived in Lima to find my backpack lost in transit so I thought I would hang around for a few days as the airline said they would find it soon. I found the Hotel Esperanza in Lonely Planet and spoke to Max and booked a room. It was clean and had all I asked and Max was a font of local information sending me to see the ruins at Pucllana, which were great with hairless dogs! and he (max) also suggested restaurants and other interesting places. The hotel is also quiet and in a very safe area of Miraflores. Top marks Max!!!

Fair price and friendly service

I went to Lima for the first time in January, 2006.
I stayed for 5 nights at Hotel Esperanza and it was a very nice stay.
The accommodation is a good value for the price. I stayed in a quite large room clean and comfortable.
It didn´t have airconditioning - only a fan.
The hotel staff are friendly and always ready to help. Only the manager, Max speaks English well but this is not a problem. The cafeteria is vey nice and clean. Don´t expect anything fancy for breakfast. The continental breakfast included milk and coffee, butter and jam, a juice and bread. It was enough for me but some people might find it too light!
Well, it is a place I plan to stay on my next visit to Lima.

Excellent service, O.K. location, fair price

We have chosen the Hotel Esperanza because of the many positive comments on this web-page. We have stayed there for five days and can confirm the positive comments given before. It is located close to the Parque Kennedy in Miraflores and we never felt unsave in this area. The rooms were clean and the service was fine. Besides english, Max also speaks german quite well, which was very helpful for us. He also organized somes tours for us, including a four day trip to Cuzco. Everything he organized was going very well, from the pick-up at the hotel and the airports to the tours through Cuzco. Overall, we were very satisfied with our selection of Hotel Esperanza.

A Clean, Quiet, Safe Slice of Lima

We stayed at the Esperanza for 8 days, spending a good deal of time seeing Lima, and eating at restaurants frequented by locals. The Hotel Esperanza should probably be called a hotel rather than a hostel. It is a smooth red brick structure that is modern, plain, clean, and safe. It is a quiet place unlike the busier hotels of Lima, but is still located within easy walking distance of the local restaurants, shops, and even a very modern super market. This my third trip to Lima, and I have stayed at other hotels including the big chain hotels, and fancier boutique hotels. The Esperanza hotel has the same feeling and look as when I stayed at the bachelor officer’s quarters at so many US military bases. That is, nothing fancy folks, clean room, shower, TV, secure building and neighborhood, what you would expect in a no frills establishment. There is a shower, fan, cable TV, nice bed, Spanish type furniture including a fold out desk, and plenty of closet space. Now if you want upscale ambiance, and a fancy price, stay at the Marriot or Sheridan. But for the price (and especially if you don’t intend to hang out in your room a lot), the Esperanza cost is about right, with a discrete and helpful staff that will assist you with taxis, directions, and miscellaneous matters. It is about 2 blocks off the main park where there are good local restaurants serving Peruvian and international dishes, and of course Burger King, MacDonald’s, and Kentucky Fried Chicken. There are Peruvian department stores and smaller shops for bargain hunters. Be sure and check out the vendors in the central park in the evenings after 8 pm, where you can buy anything from small antiques to alpaca scarves (the scarves can be purchased for about 10 soles – less than four dollars – check the price on Ebay to appreciate what a good price that it for an alpaca scarf). Also you can catch a 5 minute taxi ride to Larco Mar, where you can dine, go to a movie, or shop all the while with a lovely view of the ocean from a cliff location. Overall, the Esperanza is more like staying with distance relatives than a higher priced chain hotel. So, if you want swanky digs, brass and rug lined restaurants, and the price that goes with those things, the Esperanza is not for you. It you want laid back, quiet, and a better taste of regular life in Lima, then stay at the Esperanza, it’s like a visit to a relative’s brick house without the relatives.

Excellent Service and accomodations

Very nice hotel, located a couple of blocks away from downtown Miraflores. Excellent staff, always willing to go the extra mile for you. Hotel is very clean and well maintained. I had a great time, and I strongly recommended it to anyone who wants to be safe and comfortable at the same time. They will connect you or direct very throughfully if you have any needs. I know where to go in my next visit to Lima.

Good location clean reasonably cheap..... for miraflores

by TripAdvisor Member eh_can

Clean cheap, manager Max knows peru.

You should know almost everyone in Peru has or makes money from travel arrangements.

We stayed 2 nights there and the manager was always asking to make arrangements for us.

Let a local help you, but know what things cost and never pay the first price given.

This hotel has a good location.....

remember

i had a trip from lima( hotel esperanza)to the
north from peru and return.a butifull country
with a great history.
the hotel was booket by my brother in law ,he is
living trujillo.every time when he is making a travel
he starts from lima and the hotel esperanza.
my remember to the hotel esperanza are a excellent
service,clean and quiet rooms and a o.k. lokation.

Great little hotel!

We chose this hotel after reading other reviews here, and were so happy we made the choice. Max was so helpful, arranging for our taxis to and from the airport several times (we stayed there before and after Cusco/Machu Picchu), booking us a city tour, recommending a dinner show. The location was very good. Just a few short blocks to the main plaza in Miraflores. I was travelling with my mother and we always felt very safe in the area. The rooms were clean and basic, and had satellite tv. A great bargain!

Entrance to the RestaurantEntrance to the Restaurant

Filete de Pollo con Tausi a la PlanchaFilete de Pollo con Tausi a la Plancha

Under Beer GlassUnder Beer Glass

Rosa Maria's NacimientoRosa Maria's Nacimiento

Nightclubs

by PEDROFERN

I will be in Miraflores next week and was wondering what the nightclub situation was now. I understand that Teatiz in Larcomar has closed for renovations. Any suggestions?

Tequila Rock?

Anybody know whether the Rosa Nautica is still open?

Thanks.

Pedro

Re: Nightclubs

by ivan_mg

Hi there...I'm a peruvian living here...you are right: teatriz is closed...so you have two good choices instead
1. Gothika: a cool disco near teatriz (also in larcomar)
2. Traffic: another cool place in Miraflores...it's located in Larco avenue...like 2 blocks before the main park of miraflores...

Any question don't hesitate to ask me....

Ivan (habla_gallada@yahoo.com)

Re: Re: Nightclubs

by monesta

how about gotica is a good place for have fun

Comments