EcoVagabond Lodge

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Iquitos

local livinglocal living

inside the restaurantinside the restaurant

our little taxiour little taxi

soon to be butterfliessoon to be butterflies

Anyone going to Iquitos in the next week...?

by nevdelap

Hi there! I'm heading to Iquitos in the next few days and I'm wondering if anyone wants to meet up to travel together, or just to hang out? Right now I'm in Arequipa, and either tomorrow or Tuesday I'll get a bus to Lima, and then hopefully the day after I arrive I'll get a flight to Iquitos. I'm a 36 year old Australian guy, have been in Latin America for two years, and will spend I don't know how much time in and around Iquitos (depends on how much I like it!) before heading down river into Brazil for the next six months. Let me know if our plans match up at all.
Cheers, Nev

by Jgray168

Hey there, I am actually going there in a few weeks, so any advice on places you stayed would be greatly appreciated. Hope you have a great time :)

by cassiovieggore

I am considering you are talkative in my language (portuguese).
Se voce fala e entende bem o portugues imagino ser uma viagem fascinante. Hoje estou velho demais e minha saude depende de remedios que tomo diariamente. Não vejo como ir nesta viagem. Meus filhos e netos tambem absorvem muito tempo e não tem como deixa-los sem meu apoio.
Entretanto acho que gostaria de ver o mapa em link.

Vc deverá entrar no Brasil pelo Rio Javari que logo muda o nome para Rio Solimões. Tem alguns pontos turisticos na Bacia do Amazonas e vou cita-los:
- Alter do Chão
- Belem
Aproveite o Brasil.
Cassiovieggore

by rocksinthehead

How is it going in Iriquitos? I am traveling through SA from September 26th until around Christmas when I will head to Central America for a further 5 months. I will be with my wife, we are young 60 somethings who like adventure. I am planning on seeing Iriquitos but one source advises that the malaria is bad, what is the real story from someone on the ground or will be soon? If you like I can let you know my plans and you may want to give me some advice through your vast experience and knowledge of SA. I live in Port Lincoln South Australia.

Chris Stone.

Travel Tips for Iquitos

Tiles

by SirRichard

I am not sure if those tiles on the houses facades are spanish or portuguese (Brazil is si close) influence, but they sure give this town a charming style, at least in the streets around the Plaza de Armas, the "richest" part of the place.
The main buildings are signed with a "This building belongs to the Nation" sign.

Get out in the Amazon jungle some days!

by El_Sueco

Spend some days in the jungle! Not so many animals to look at, mostly birds of much colour, rose river delphins (they don´t jump, just break the water and you see the typical nose and the rose back, hard to take fotos, I didn´t have any luck), if you are lucky you can see some monkeys.
You can go fishing pirayas 10-15 cm, they are very good to eat if you ask the hotel to cook them.
The rain forrest is very beautiful and nice. I think this is a sort of civilized jungle, if you want some harder jungle, you have to go further in.

Friendly children at river towns

by kzapanta

Whichever Amazon lodge you will be staying with, you will end up stoping at a one or a few of the many river villages near Iquitos for supplies or just some walking around.

The villagers are very nice and friendly. But make sure you don't start walking around and start giving money and coins away to the children like some naive tourist. Though it looks like your a generous outsider, it hurts thier outlook of tourism and desire to make a marketable product or livelyhood when they grow up.

Do talk with them and make meaningful conversation. They will run up to you and ask for money the first few seconds but kindly offer something valuable instead.

Itaya

by towlie226

The buitful itaya river. we went up the river almost excatly 60 miles of pure buity. we found a house and they took us on a hike. there dinner was a tree which the incide was like a celery taking tree. we used there grill and cooked up some chickan. wild pigs andbird came up and watched us eat.

Pathfind your own way around the jungle

by kzapanta

Once we arrived at our Amazon lodge, we had litterally the whole surrounding jugle to ourselves and a guide to do whatever we liked.

This is another advantage to this lodge. We had our own machettes hacking away a trail in the forest, canoeing in local hand dug canoes,... its limitless.

Comments