Plazoleta de Limacpampa Chico 473, Cusco, 84, Peru

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• MJL's Profile Photo

Complete resort hotel

The Sacred Valley's most complete hotel: a mountain chalet-styled retreat with panoramic Andes views from every room and every angle.

Directions: 90 km from Cuzco

• MJL's Profile Photo

Quiet and convient

Casa Andina's most distinguished hotel in Cusco a beautifully renovated 18th-century manor house full of colonial history.

Unique Quality: 4 stately interior colonial courtyards, enriched oxygen available in all rooms, , elegant fireplace lounge

• Jessy_OLE's Profile Photo

Cuzco's good alternate hotel

It is a 4 stars hotel. It was renewed in July 2006, it is very nice and cute!! Good alternative if you do not want to spend too much money in a 5 stars hotel.

Old colonial large house from the 18th century, Gourmet Restaurant, Bar, 3 courtyards, Outdoor Ecoactivities, Room Service

Unique Quality: Hotel Features
    - Restaurant full service (120 pax)
    - Colonial Lobby
    - Laundry service
    - Medical assistance
    - Luggage storeroom
    - Telephone booth
    - Tourist assistance, flight and train confirmation
    - Foreign currency exchange (US Dollars and Nuevos Soles)
    - Credit cards accepted AMEX, DC, MC, VISA and Traveler Checks
    - Smoke detectors in all public areas

Directions: Located in the colonial old part of Cusco City, located just a few blocks from the Main Square.

More about Casa Andina Private Collection Cusco Peru

A very pleasant stay at this conveniently located hotel

I stayed two nights at the Casa Andina Private Collection Cusco from February 12-14, 2008. I booked the hotel directly through a Casa Andina representative. The hotel is located in front of a small plaza (Plazoleta Limacpampa Chico) about a 10-minute walk from the Plaza de Armas. I took a taxi to the hotel from the airport at a cost of US$3 after a bit of haggling. Most taxi rides elsewhere in the city (to the train station, etc) cost only 2 soles (about US$0.75), although this has to be negotiated.

Upon check-in, my luggage was taken by the friendly porter and I was taken to a nice lounge with two computers with high-speed internet access where I was offered complimentary coca tea. After filling out the standard forms, I was taken to my room on the 2nd floor at the back of the hotel. I specifically asked for a room with a king bed and received what I requested. Be warned that there are no elevators at this hotel so get help if you have heavy luggage and are staying on the 2nd floor. I can see why other reviewers have commented on the noise in the hallways in the morning, as the doors and windows both face the public walkways and the central courtyard, where sound transmits everywhere. If you are a light sleeper, it may be wise to inquire about a room at the back of the hotel.

The room itself was of small size, with a small table, two chairs, small wooden wardrobe, and television. There wasn’t much room to place luggage out, so one suitcase had to go into the wardrobe. There was a small safe which required one to get a key at the front desk. The bed was comfortable and the television had a few channels in English. Bottled water was complimentary and could be found in the bathroom - please remember to use it to brush your teeth! The bathroom was clean and the water pressure was adequate. The room had complimentary WiFi Internet (one has to get the password from the front desk).

The included breakfast buffet had a decent spread including hot and cold items. Included were tea and coffee, a variety of juices, yogurt, scrambled eggs or mini Eggs Benedict , bacon, sausages, potatoes, lomo (beef stir-fry), fresh whole and cut-up fruits plus a variety of cold cuts, breads, cereals, and cheeses. There was additionally an omelette station with a friendly cook. I made a bag lunch for Machu Picchu consisting of a ham and cheese sandwich and fruit and ate it at the site while enjoying the resident llamas’ antics.

Upon returning from Machu Picchu late, I was too tired to go out to find something to eat. The hotel staff helped me order a large Hawaiian pizza from local pizza chain Chez Maggy, which was promptly delivered to my room. Upon check-out the next morning, the staff called a cab to take me to the train station for my trip to Puno.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay at the Casa Andina Private Collection Cusco. While it’s not the Monasterio or the Sanctuary Lodge, it was more than adequate for a place to rest during a few busy touring days in Cusco. I would happily stay at this hotel again in the future.

Rustic and Charming

by TripAdvisor Member TravelFrogBoston

My mother and I stayed at the Casa Andina Private Collection in Cusco for two nights earlier this month. It was booked through a tour agency so we didn't have a choice of hotel.

The hotel is charming, with two open courtyards inside the building and a room enclosing a cozy lounge and a bar room near the main courtyard off of the lobby. The staff was courteous and very helpful. I had a bad cold while I was there and one of the men at the front desk walked with me to a pharmacy in the neighborhood and talked to the pharmacist for me so that I could get some medicine for my cold. The room we stayed in was fairly standard with a window that faced one of the courtyards. We had to keep the curtain drawn so that no-one walking down the corridor could see into our room, which made me feel a little apprehensive since my mother and I were traveling alone. Breakfast was included with our tour package and the breakfast buffet was more than adequate, but not spectacular. The hotel restaurant was made up of several small cozy rooms and was a relaxing place to dine. We had one dinner in the hotel restaurant and both of our meals were delicious and well presented.

I do agree with some of the earlier posts that the rooms are very noisy. Not only could we hear people dragging their suitcases down the stairs in the early morning hours, but we could hear every conversation that anyone had who walked by our room. And when I heard a knock on the door, I couldn't always tell if it was our door, or one of the rooms to each side of us.

So, in all, I felt the service and the restaurant were excellent but the rooms were rather average. If I travel to Cusco again, I will probably try another of the hotels reviewed here on TripAdvisor.

casa Andina Cuso very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Koeger

Very nice and comfortable hotel.
Freindly and informative staff, especially " Ivan Galdo" Concierge,
very friendly and attentive to our needs.
We will recommend this hotel to all our friends who ´plan to travel to Cusco.

Great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member bkpr

Had a great experience at this hotel! Loved the style and decor of the hotel - the two courtyards make it very charming.

We stayed twice in one week - both before and after our visit to the sacred valley. We stayed in rooms 240 & 241. The were both nice rooms, but 240 was bigger and more spacious.

The staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very good - many choices to choose from including hot buffet items, eggs cooked to order, breads, meats, cheeses, fruits, juices. Everything was very good! The wait staff for breakfast was sometimes good, other times not so good. Sometimes we would ask for something and the waiter wouldn't come back for a long time. They obviously forgot about us. It wasn't every time, but considering the level of this hotel, it's something they need to work on.

I ordered dinner from my room one night and the food was very good. It was served promptly and with great service.

I would highly recommend this hotel. We had a great experience there.

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member berrycar

This is a very attractive hotel, but we were disappointed by the service. No water was coming out of the taps when we arrived. We contacted reception twice and they promised to send someone up, but never did. The water came back on after an hour, but there was no apology. We suspect this isn't a one-off occurrence. We were also woken at 4am by the sound of a huge extractor fan in the kitchen below - we had to go down to ask them to turn it off. Maybe this was just a one-off bad experience, but we left feeling very let down.

Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member nicefish

The Casa Andina was a great place to stay.
-centrally located
-very clean
-reliable and helpful staff
-nice common rooms to meet groups for intimacy
-great breakfast spread
It was a great place to call home after a long airplane flight and a long hike on the Inca Trail. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

Janice Fisher

Incredible Service, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member photorock

I would like to commend the Casa Andina Private Collecton - Cusco for a wonderful stay. The hotel and grounds were immaculate and the service from everyone was some of the best i have yet to experience. I wish to single out one individual for his efforts. That is Roosevelt. He greatly helped us in any way he could, proofing to be a large part of our Wonderful experience..

Casa Andina Hotel at Main Square

by ARF-MIA

Is it as good as the Casa Andina Private Collection ? I like it because is close tu the Plaza.

RE: Casa Andina Hotel at Main Square

by degraaf

Hello,

Indeed it is although Private Collection is a little nore luxurious , Casa Andina near Cusco main's square if one of the most quiet and beautiful hotels available in the city, I highly recommend it.

Bart

RE: RE: Casa Andina Hotel at Main Square

by ARF-MIA

Hello Bart; Thanks for your help. I dont care much but I am travelling with 3 kids . I hope you liked Peru. Saludos

Comments