Cuzco Hotels

Our Members Say

• littlebush profile photo littlebush
  • Reviews: 1092

Mama Simona hostel: Mama Simona hostel

Located just 5 blocks, about 5min walk from the main square this cozy friendly place is a good spot

They do airport pick ups for just S15(£3)

A double room shared bathroom is about S80 (£16)

Reception are very friendly and due to a mix up with our double room they let us have a whole dorm of 4 beds to ourselves en suite

• Written April 14, 2014

• socheid profile photo socheid
  • Reviews: 279

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Teatro Inka Hostal: Too bad about the noise

This place is a few mins walk up hill from the main square. As the name suggests its next door to a theatre.

The room was nice enough without being anything fancy and there´s free wifi and a PC outside the breakfast room that is free for 15 mins (pay otherwise) for guests to use. The shower was fine also, hot and powerful. The issue though was noise.

There´s a wide corridor that links reception to the little square on which all the rooms are. There´s no door in the corridor so all the noise from reception travels through the rest of the building. Similarly when breakfast is being prepared, while there is a door at the breakfast room, it doesn´t seem to get used. Thus any plans for sleep (a big need in the rarified air of Cuzco) can be problematic. The overnight guy at reception has the tv (he was OK to turn the volume down when I asked him). At breakfast it was the stirring noise of the blender awakening everyone at sunrise.

In my bathroom there is an air vent that goes straight through to the adjacent room. There was an Aussie couple there going by their accent and when I was in the bathroom I could clearly here everything that they said.

Breakfast was optional.

The place would have been fine but until that noise issue is tackled, I can´t endorse this place.

Check out is 10 am as seems to be normal in Cuzco although I seen one swankier place nearby quote check out as 8 am.

• Written January 28, 2012

• aqazi profile photo aqazi
  • Reviews: 310

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ruinas Hotel: Big Let Down

We were supposed to stay here for three nights but only ended up being here for two. The hotel is really well located and the breakfast and rooms are fine though its on the pricey side at $60. We actually quite enjoyed out stay here so we booked a further night for when we'd be returned to Cuzco after our trek. Upon arriving back to Cuzco we made our way to the hotel and found that they no longer had a room for us. Funny since we'd made the reveration five day earlier, in person, and had even left our bag there! They'd apparetnly overbooked hte hotel. No doubt they favoured a tour group in place of our existing reservation. IMHO overbooking is an unproffesional and totally unfair practice certain hotel chains and airlines use. Unfortunatley any reservation you make at the hotel may not be honoured and for this reason I would steer clear. We finally stayed at the Inkarri hostel close by which is actually cheapper, has more character and is way better value for money at just $40.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written May 23, 2009

• flynboxes profile photo flynboxes
  • Reviews: 574

Qori Inti: Average Cuzco

No central heat here and the rooms next to the street are to be avoided as they are noisy.
Staff is friendly and it cost us about $30 for 2 beds and a hot shower in our room.

Price was not that bad but considering that there is probably a hotel/hostal every 10-15 feet in Central Cuzco...look around. We stayed here since it was close to Armas and the room was clean. Breakfast is included but I never at it. Kim did and it was just the standard bread and preserves...no English breakfasts here. They can do laundry here for .30 a piece and will get it done same day if you have it in by 10 or 11 am. They also have the internet and a TV in each room.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Backpacking
  • Written March 11, 2009

View from the street

• rnashwa profile photo rnashwa
  • Reviews: 1

El Balcon Hotel: Best all around deal

4th stay here over last 8 years. Wouldn't consider anywhere else.

An 18 room hotel rebuilt from colonial ruins in 1998. That means modern plumbing and electrical systems. All rooms open to grass courtyard. Free breakfast(real food, not just tea-toast), heaters in every room, independent water supply and ultra-modern hot water system. Staff are carefully selected by the owners and are unusually helpful. Speak with Rosa in reception, works 1500hrs to midnight, good English and from an old respected Cuzco family. Rooms are thouroughly cleaned to a high standard. Bedlinen and towels are washed in modern facilities(many inns just rinse them by hand).

• Related to: Historical Travel
  • Written July 30, 2008

• AnitaCarrie profile photo AnitaCarrie
  • Reviews: 42

Samay Wasi Youth Hostel: A youth Hostel with character

Ronaldo picked me up from the bus station (by taxi), even though my bus was late.... he came back for me. I stayed in a shared room. I thought that the Hostel would be separated boys from girls... but as a soon found out by the Older Korean gentleman roommate.... they are not. The place had a lot of character though, and if you were go get one of the none shared rooms... they were really awesome and somewhere around 22$ a night. I think I payed 10. The shower left something to be desired though.... many times during the day there wasn't hot water.

The people there though are really nice. Ronaldo became a buddy of mine, and we even went out several times. Once to Las Vegas (a club in Cusco). They serve your typical cold breakfasts... with tea or coffee. Ronaldo made everyone Pisco Sours one night and they do have internet access... although it is one computer and you have to compete with a lot of others for it. I like my over all experience there and would stay there again.

Unique atmosphere.... Staff that cares.... can arrange tours.... meet other travelers

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Study Abroad
  • Written October 8, 2007

• krissyM profile photo krissyM
  • Reviews: 281

Piccola Locanda: A Great Experience

Piccola Locanda is an ethical hostal that links tourism with solidarity. When staying at the hostel, you contribute to a number of projects including a local orphanage. It is located in the historical part of San Cristobal only two blocks from the Plaza de Armas. The rooftop patio looks out over Cuzco and the Plaza.

The hotel had 24 hour hot water, definately a luxury in comparison to some other hostels I have stayed in. However, there was no heat in the rooms. Instead, you were provided with three heavy wool blankets for the bed. This was enough and I didn't go cold. You have access to unlimited internet and the kitchens if you want to cook yourself a meal. breakfast was provided. I would definitely stay there again.

Just a note - they don't accept credit cards.

The proceeds from the hostel go to fund a local orphange!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written June 26, 2007

• Tom_In_Madison profile photo Tom_In_Madison
  • Reviews: 335

Amaru Hostal: Nicer inexpensive hostal

I stayed here when I arrived in Cuzco. A guy met me at the airport, holding a sign and drove me to the hotel.

I paid $25/night for a single room. Bed was fine, bathroom was more than fine too. Room had a tv with lots of channels too.

Of the 2 places I stayed, I liked this one better.

Free brekkie, which was very good too. Towels and soap in the hotel room.

Good location, about 2 blocks up the hill from the Plaza Armas. Takes about 5 minutes to walk there.

• Written May 26, 2007

My room, bed.

• Tom_In_Madison profile photo Tom_In_Madison
  • Reviews: 335

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostal Marani: Nice, inexpensive, safe place.

I stayed here on my first night back from MP. It was decent enough, good bathroom facilities. Bed was ok. Soap in the bathroom, and 2 nice towels.

The place is very secure. It is security locked 24/7, which can be a bit annoying because you have to ring the buzzer to get in all the time. The buzzer is on the the right side, and above your head near the door.

$32 for 2 nights....cheap. It's situated a good walk up San Blas......be in shape, but it's not really as bad as people make it out to be. Lots of nice restaurants around this area.

No brekkie included. They called me a cab when I left, cost about $5(?) to get to airport.

They let you keep your luggage here when you go to MP(most do actually), so I was able to only bring a small backpack to MP. Nice....

• Written May 25, 2007

Bed...

• Vicalvarena profile photo Vicalvarena
  • Reviews: 2

Hostal Rumipunku: An OK Hotel

Good value for money but don’t expect a great deal. The entrance is quite nice, and rooms are basic but clean. Service is average but breakfast was good. A word of warning – don’t use the telephone even if it is just for a local call, the hotel will charge ridiculous price.
If I go to Cuzco again I will probably stay in the San Blas Neighborhood. It is a lot more relax, quiet and authentic. I found the centre of Cuzco too artificial and made just for foreign tourist.

A place worth visiting near the Hostal is the Clockwork Orange bar. Small but with a very contemporary atmosphere. Food is reasonable priced and delicious, plus they have a big cinema screen on the second level where anyone can enjoy a film on comfy sofas free or charge.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written January 20, 2007

• ThiagoRamos profile photo ThiagoRamos
  • Reviews: 270

Hotel Prisma: Hotel Prisma

We´ve stayed at this hotel called Prisma, located 5-10 minutes from Plaza de Armas, at the historic city center.

It is a nice hotel with private bathroom, TV, telephone and heater in the room. They also have internet, but you have to pay to use it.

The price was around 30 Euros for a triple room (10 per person) including breakfast. Breakfast wasn´t so good, but I would recommend this place as it was kinda cheap and very well located.

• Related to: Archeology, Architecture, Backpacking

• Jessy_OLE profile photo Jessy_OLE
  • Reviews: 21

Hotel Monasterio Del Cusco: Cuzco's best hotel

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a hotel museum with a beautiful chapel. It combines the solemnity of a colonial monastery with the luxury of a five-star hotel.
You can feel the presence of the past and the luxury and modern comfort at the same time!!
During the afternoons you could hear the "Cantos Gregorianos"....it is ver peaceful and relaxing!!

Great rooms!!! They are equipped with:

Telephone, Central heating, Minibar, Personal in-room electronic safe
Cable TV, Fire detectors, Hairdryer, Superb furniture !!! etc!

This is very important:
Hotel Monasterio has counteracted the sickness altitude problem by introducing an oxygen supplementation system !!!

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written November 15, 2006

Hotel Monasterio1_Cuzco_Peru

• kzapanta profile photo kzapanta
  • Reviews: 117

Iquique Hostel: True Hostel, cheap but minimal

Yes, the hostel's name is a name of a northern city in Chile. I don't believe there is a connection.

The best quality about this hostel is that its $3.50 per person a night. Double occupancy in a private room.

What you get. A mellow family run operation. Honest, friendly, helpful family. Shared bathroom across the open hall, hot water when it works, electricity, and simple bread and tea breakfast.

It was comfortabel enough, and its location close to the square made it easy to walk the city.

We checked in after a long day in Machu Picchu and was tired. Early the next morning, we awoke around 6a.m. to what we thought was gunfire. hahaha. And it seemed like right outside our door, inside the hostel. We were actually brushed it off and immediately went back to sleep only to be woken by the same loud noise at 7 a.m. We found out later in the day it was actually fireworks because it was the Virgin Mary of some church festival that day.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written September 26, 2006
Tip Photo

freezing breakfast on the outdoor patio

• nhoolb profile photo nhoolb
  • Reviews: 68

Hotel El Andariego: Very nice hotel in centre of Cusco

Very nice, small hotel. Conveniently located in the centre, just 2 blocks from the Central Square (Plaza de Armas-Plaza Mayor). Quiet, secluded area away from the street (safe) after passing a small patio, with nice rooms, also for families. There are rooms with it's own fireplace. Not expensive, around 25 to 40 Euros per room per night. Friendly staff. shops and internet-cafe next door. Stayed here in January 2004 and friends of mine (a family of 6) in July 2005. Very satisfied. Recommended.

• Written August 5, 2006