La Foret

Calle La Foret Y Pascual Gattas, Parada 6 Moya Mansa, Punta del Este, 99999, Uruguay
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Punta del Este

Uruguay SunsetUruguay Sunset

The famous hand sculpture in Punta.The famous hand sculpture in Punta.

Punta del Este PlayaPunta del Este Playa

"La Mano""La Mano"

Do I need to reserve a hotel in advance?

by stacey&matt

We are going to Buenos Aires in February and plan to take a few days and go to Punta del Este. I really don't want to book anything in advance as we won't know exactly when we are going to Punta until we are actually in Buenos Aires. I know February is the busy season, but will I likely be able to find a place to stay if I just show up?

Thanks.

S

RE: Do I need to reserve a hotel in advance?

by WigglesMalibu

From Xmas to around Jan 15 Punta is insanely busy and crowded. Jan 15th to Feb 1 is busy but not too crowded. Things really start to taper off in Feb so you shouldn't have any problems finding a hotel.

RE: Do I need to reserve a hotel in advance?

by Doble-U

yes !! i am with wigglesmalibu... no problem to fin hotel in later february !!!
donĀ“t reserve in advance..
bye bye
uu.

RE: RE: Do I need to reserve a hotel in advance?

by puppis

You can book with Buquebus a short stay in Punta del Este. It includes the trip in boat and bus, and the transfers in/out the hotel.

www.buquebus.com

Travel Tips for Punta del Este

Beverly Hills

by Shakermaker

In Punta del Este there are a few blocks called "Beverly Hills", the name says it all, here you will find some of the most impressive houses in all Punta, it's worth a visit, there is also a museum there.

Punta del Este

by Jelly_belly

"Lomititos!"

A playground for the rich Brazilians and Argentines, Punta del Este was my favourite place in the entirety of my South American trip. The beautiful scenery in the region, the idyllic sunrise, the authentic feel of Uruguay, the warm, welcoming reception of the Uruguyan.

And oh yeah, the women are amazingly attractive with models knocking about everywhere. This is a key factor in my appeal to Punta del Este (excuse the shallowness), and if you enjoy lazying around eating Lomitos (the Uruguayan sandwich), gazing at beautiful women (and them staring at you hehe!), then this place will be a great for you.

Oh and to make everyone feel at home, the men were very good looking too from what I remember.

You should be aware that besides the Summer season i.e. December - March, the place is pretty quiet and returns to a normal and tranquil setting.

On a final note, the place to go is La Barra, and the place to stay is La Barra Backpackers... I look forward to the next time I'm thin Punta!

Comments