4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 78% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• lalikes's Profile Photo

Shockingly American

Okay, so if anyone has read any previous pages, I'm not a fan of chain hotels but this was booked by my girlfriend through her points. It was free for me and we were attending a wedding. I must say that it was a fabulous stay and of the countries I've been to (and not staying in big corporate hotels) I had no idea how much I felt comfortable. It was like being in the U.S. Staff was accommodating. Food was good. Amenities were excellent. Can't comment on the price.

The hotel did help us to rent a car for the day to drive to Punta del Este.

Unique Quality: It's a chain so no, nothing out of the ordinary except there were more American TV channels than I've ever seen.

More about Sheraton Montevideo Hotel

Nice inclusive hotel in Montevideo

by bkathryn about Sheraton Montevideo Hotel

This hotel was very nice; it made a North American feel very much at home. It is attached to a large shopping mall built in an old jail. Very interesting. I believe the hotel has exercise facilities, as well as computer/internet access. I had a great view of the ocean/bay/river from my room.

Hotel advice

by clmetal

A bunch of us (all guys) will be going to play golf once, and party and enjoy the beach the rest of the time. Since we are using hotel points, we can stay at either of the following 2 hotels for free. Can you advise on which one is better?

thanks

Sheraton Montevideo Hotel Calle Victor Solino 349 Montevideo 11300

Four Points by Sheraton Montevideo Ejido 1275 Montevideo 11100

RE: Hotel advice

by danielloco

The first one is in a nicer neighborhood and I think it's 5 stars. The second one is more centric, only better if you are on business but it seems you are not. And I think it's 4 stars. I'd go to the one in Solino street for sure.

by clmetal

thanks - we booked the second one, but I can change it. It seemed close to the ocean and a major golf course.

we are more concerned about location than how nice the hotel is. is the first one also close to the beach and in an area we can go out in?

thanks for your help

RE: RE: RE: Hotel advice

by danielloco

I prefer the beaches closer to the first one. In fact the more east you go, the better beaches get. But nightlife is closer in the second one. Still transport in Montevideo is good so you can always find a bus during the day or a taxi late in the evening. The part of the city of the second hotel is dark and a bit sad during sundays as it's an office neighborhood. But if you won't spend much time there then it's ok.

valuable comments. thanks

by clmetal

one more question if you don't mind, where is the boat dock (on ferries from Buenos Aires) in relation to these two hotels?

thanks

by danielloco

Quite close to the Ejido hotel, I guess 10 minutes by taxi. If traffic is fine then less than 10.

thanks again

RE: Hotel advice

by Doble-U

thats rigth, but the nicest is the first one....
ejido´s is too centric ..
have fun !