Cabo Polonio Hotels

Our Members Say

• metteks profile photo metteks
  • Reviews: 207

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Valizas Hostel: Hostel in nearby Valizas

I stayed at the hostel (International Hostelling) at the nearby village of Valizas (6-7 km - 2 hours walk; see my tip on walking there).

I was there outside main season, so the place was very quiet and only a few guests beside me. The place is nice and have a relaxed atmosphere. The man running the place was very nice. He arranged a nice barbecue on night, and was always around for a chat.

The place is a bit run down, the beds are old and simple, the bathrooms have concrete floors and simple shower rooms, but it kind of fits into the rest of the bohemian village, where everything is in a condition of a cosy need of maintainess. It didn't bother me too much though.

I stayed at a dorm room (6 beds), but since it was off season I had it all to myself. I paid 170 pesos (8-9 us-$) a night (no breakfast). There is a common kitchen to use (big, but very basic), a barbecue area with a fire place, tables and umbrellas outside, shared bathrooms.

All in all, I had a nice stay, but I don't think it would have been so nice if my room had been full of people (it was quiet small), if it had been bad weather or the host or other guests hadn't been so nice. The facilities don't make this place great, it was the whole atmosphere.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 31, 2008
Tip Photo

The court yard of the hostel

• ellielou profile photo ellielou
  • Reviews: 229

private home: no hotel, motel, holiday inn....

while we didn't stay there, the man who was driving the 4X4 offered up his little house to rent. the price, he said, was $25 per night.

• Opinion of Price: about average