Puerto Ayacucho Hotels

Our Members Say

• atufft profile photo atufft
  • Reviews: 3020

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Campturama: Semi-broken Resort in Great Location

The first time we visited, we stayed the first night in a dive hotel downtown, and then heard of a better place to stay outside town. It was a challenge to visit, but turned out to be great place for our needs. Sure, the swimming hole was dry, and the landscaping not fully kept up, but the individualized thatched cabins with a/c units appealed to us both. Campturama also had a good restaurant, which we used when to lazy to drive into town. When I tried to establish the address and telephone, I found that Campturama has two locations. Although we stayed out of town, I believe that ours was the Puerto Ayacucho location.

Although the entrance road is narrow and difficult for a two wheel drive vehicle, especially in heavy rain, the access to the river, particularly at the cataracts, was really great. This is from where all my sunrise/sunset photos came from. The best part though was the wild baby nutria, or river otter, that came out of the river to play with us. Playful like a dog, the wet fur animal scamped around and wrestled with us, and then disappeared into the river again.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average