Maremares Hotel Marina & Spa

CLillard's Profile Photo

Largest Hotel in Puerto La Cruz area

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 8, 2005

I had heard a lot of bad things about this hotel. How it used to be a really nice resort and has gone downhill. I guess it just depends on what type of things bother you. I recommend not being on the first floor, as you will have more bugs in your room. When i was on the 2nd floor I didn't have any bugs at all. Also, you don't want your room near the pool if you like to sleep or nap peacefully on the weekends. They have a loudspeaker and host games at the pool on the weekends. I tried the aerobics at the hotel, which were good and fun. But even as a hotel guest I had to pay $4 everytime I wanted to attend a class. My hotel rate included breakfast buffet, which was really quite good. They even have an omelette station.

Unfortunately, the hotel does not offer any high-speed Internet service in the guest rooms. They have about 2-3 computers in the lobby for high-speed internet, but they charge for every 30 minutes of use. You might find it cheaper to just go to one of the 6 Internet Cafes in C.C. Caribbean Mall, walking distance down the street.

Unique Quality: Hotel has a large resort pool. They have a gym and aerobics. The location is good, because it's walking distance to restaurants. It's also walking distance to Centro Comercial Caribbean Mall. It's also walking distance to 2 hot nightspots, Bambuda Bar and Sourdough Sports Bar.

Directions: Located in Complejo Turistico el Morro.

Nearby Maremares Hotel Marina & Spa

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Free Parking

Puerto La Cruz Travel Forum

Need advice about Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela? Visit the Travel Forum for Puerto La Cruz and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Puerto La Cruz