Ave Americo Vespuccio, Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela

Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• CLillard's Profile Photo

Largest Hotel in Puerto La Cruz area

I had heard a lot of bad things about this hotel. How it used to be a really nice resort and has gone downhill. I guess it just depends on what type of things bother you. I recommend not being on the first floor, as you will have more bugs in your room. When i was on the 2nd floor I didn't have any bugs at all. Also, you don't want your room near the pool if you like to sleep or nap peacefully on the weekends. They have a loudspeaker and host games at the pool on the weekends. I tried the aerobics at the hotel, which were good and fun. But even as a hotel guest I had to pay $4 everytime I wanted to attend a class. My hotel rate included breakfast buffet, which was really quite good. They even have an omelette station.

Unfortunately, the hotel does not offer any high-speed Internet service in the guest rooms. They have about 2-3 computers in the lobby for high-speed internet, but they charge for every 30 minutes of use. You might find it cheaper to just go to one of the 6 Internet Cafes in C.C. Caribbean Mall, walking distance down the street.

Unique Quality: Hotel has a large resort pool. They have a gym and aerobics. The location is good, because it's walking distance to restaurants. It's also walking distance to Centro Comercial Caribbean Mall. It's also walking distance to 2 hot nightspots, Bambuda Bar and Sourdough Sports Bar.

Directions: Located in Complejo Turistico el Morro.

More about Maremares Hotel Marina & Spa

Mall near Hotel Maremares in Lecherias

by CLillard about Centro Comercial Caribbean Mall

This mall is not as big as Plaza Mayor. It is conveniently located within walking distance of Hotel Maremares in Lecherias. Clothes, jewelry, electronics

Good food and atmosphere

by CLillard about Shambar

Most people call this a sushi reastaurant. The name of the restaurant actually says Mediterranean. And I usually eat the italian food here. They have a large menu with many different good choices.

It's located within walking distance from Hotel Maremares. It's in the Golf Plaza shopping center across from Centro Comercial Caribbean Mall. They have gnocchi made from plantains (platano) which is really good and unique.

List of Clubs and Events

by CLillard about Good Website

This website is the most updated list of clubs, events, and photos:

In addition, when you are in Puerto La Cruz pick up a free magazine called "De Costa a Costa". They issue a different magazine each month and you can either find it in the lobby of the Hotel Maremares (near the computers) or near the entrance of the MVP restaurant/bar in the C.C. Golf Plaza (Avenida Americo Vespuccio). Look in the section called "en la movida" to see what clubs have events on which nights.

Up-scale Club near Hotel Maremares

by CLillard about Bambuda Bar

This was the best club in Lecheria. I am the kind of person that likes to try different clubs. But in the end, I preferred to just spend every night (Wed, Fri, Sat) here. You can go anytime for dinner, but the club doesn't get happening until 11 pm. That is the case for most of the clubs in Puerto La Cruz. By about midnight they essentially have 3 different rooms/areas that are each playing different music. If you come after 11:30 pm you will have to wait in line and they might not let you in.

Surprisingly I discovered that Wednesday is a very crowded night here. Wednesday is Ladies night, free drinks for ladies from 10pm-midnight. And they make the drinks strong too! It was so crowded there that I forgot it was a weeknight and I ended up staying until 2. People stay there until 4 or 5 am.

This place seems to attract a 30-something crowd. It's walking distance from the Hotel Maremares. It is right next to the Golf Course (Campo de Golf). If you get bored here (I doubt you will), you can go right next door to La Mania.

Bambuda Bar has live music on Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights. The band is good and plays a wide variety of music. During their breaks, a DJ plays music. I heard all different kinds of music there, Spanish Pop, Merengue, Salsa, Reggaeton, and even some old American songs. I recall the band pulling my friend on stage (she has blonde hair) to sing Summer Nights from Grease.

By the way, two rooms in Bambuda Bar are very well air conditioned. The third area is outside (al fresco).

Staying in Lecheria

by bobclarke

We will be having a holiday in Venezuela and staying in Lecheria at a friends place. Does anyone have advice on what type of activities (shops, visits, dining) they would recommend.? Also, what would eb your recommendation on water in this area?

RE: RE: Staying in Lecheria

by CLillard

I stayed in the Maremares Resort hotel. If you are from the U.S. you should not drink the local water. I did use the water to brush my teeth and I had a stomach irritation for 2 weeks. By the 3rd week my stomach must have gotten used to it.

My favorite thing to do there is take a boat trip to the Mochima Islands. http://www.puntonet.com.ve/explosub/
http://www.mochimafoto.com/ You can purchase a boat tour at Centro Comercial Plaza Mayor (mall). http://www.ccplazamayor.com/ The little hut to buy the tickets is located next to the canal outside where all the restaurants are.

My favorite restaurants are all near the Campo de Golf (Golf Course):
1. Bambuda Bar - all different types of Asian and Italian food
2. Shambar - Italian food and sushi
I never found a good restaurant for typical Venezuelan food.

Best shopping at Centro Comercial Plaza Mayor.

I'm still not updating my VT page, so hopefully I'll have helpful info there in the near future.

Comments