Maracay Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 5127

Euro Hotel Maracay

When the bus arrived to Maracay it was already dark and the rain was pouring down. I didn’t have a reservation for a room and was a bit worried that the hotels were going to be full as it was weekend and holiday time. But as I was hungry I bought Chinese take away first (like last year). Then I took a taxi to Hotel Mar del Plata where I had stayed last year. It was full and I asked the taxi driver to take me to Hotel Wladimir, which was also full. They called two other hotels without luck. Back in the taxi the taxi driver took out a lot of cards and called several hotels. One problem he said was that the hotels charged by hour and therefore became very expensive. One of the hotels he called didn’t rent the rooms more than four hours. Well, finally he got me a room at a nice hotel, but expensive, near the bus station, Euro Hotel Madrid.
Euro Hotel Madrid is situated just behind the bus station (half a block), which was very convenient the next morning when I was going to Caracas. It felt like a safe place and the man in the reception was very helpful. I got a jar with cold filtered water to take to the room, and a lady who was in the reception as the same time as me came to my room to give me a piece of cake. It was a good room and I was listening to music on the TV and packing my bags for the flight back to Europe the next day when suddenly, at 22.00, a very noisy air condition was turned on. The machine was standing just outside my room. I don’t like air condition (and it was absolutely not necessary) and I want it to be quiet in the room so I went down to the reception to say that. As the air condition was a central one for almost every room on that floor I had to change room. I got a bigger room (but the light was not as good) in the end of the corridor, which had its own air condition (which I didn’t swish on).
The room was 150 000 Bs (60 dollars) for one night.

This could be a good option if you are flying out of Caracas later during the day, at least if you are two sharing the price.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written August 16, 2008
Tip Photo

My first room

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 5127

Hotel Mar del Plata

The day before going to Maracay I telephoned Hotel Mar del Plata to make a reservation. They told me they only had a room for 60 000 Bs (that's less than 20 dollars if you change on the black market, but 28 dollars if you change to the official rate). As I was only going to stay one night that was okay. The room was big with three beds (one double) and a bathroom and TV. It was worth the money to have the space to spread out on and the TV in the room for the first time in Venezuela. Towel and soap is provided.

I was glad I had bought Chinese take away at the bus terminal, because it was dark as I arrived and the street looked dark and empty and I could see no restaurants near by (going out looking for one is nothing I would like to do in a for me unfamiliar big city in Venezuela).

• Opinion of Price: N/A